What's new

How much does your top 10 conform with "the norm"?

nadroJ

CF Legend
Sorry - I confused everyone by editing my post and removing my question lol. But I think I'm right in that I'd have to have a fairly substantial list of coasters, ranked in order of preference, for me to compare against. Which I do not.

Matt N

CF Legend
Sorry - I confused everyone by editing my post and removing my question lol. But I think I'm right in that I'd have to have a fairly substantial list of coasters, ranked in order of preference, for me to compare against. Which I do not.
A top 10 would do; if it doesn’t appear in your top 10 and you don’t rank beyond your top 10, just say “doesn’t appear” or something to that effect!

Or if you want, you could just post what the 10 highest ranked coasters you’ve ridden are on CC and express your thoughts. Do you agree with the ranking? Are there any items where you’re perplexed as to how they’re in there, or any glaring omissions?

Sorry… I appreciate this is an easier task for those with a lower coaster count like myself, where it’s easier to rank everything you’ve done.

nadroJ

CF Legend
A top 10 would do; if it doesn’t appear in your top 10 and you don’t rank beyond your top 10, just say “doesn’t appear” or something to that effect!
That would be a very boring list, only two of my Top 10 appear in his when I apply coasters I've ridden :)

Matt N

CF Legend
That would be a very boring list, only two of my Top 10 appear in his when I apply coasters I've ridden :)
I don’t know exactly what you’ve ridden, but that implies that similarly to mine, your top 10 doesn’t confirm with “the norm” too much at all!

Will

Strata Poster
^
@nadroJ and conformity don't belong in the same sentence.
@Nicky Borrill on the other hand obviously has quite vanilla tastes :D

As for me, I'll stop ranking B&Ms when the other manufacturers up their games. Though I'm still dying with amusement that Nick must have assumed I'd met my first girlfriend in the queue for Vampire at Chessington or something :D

Let's see what my Top 10 looks like by the end of the Summer.

Last edited:

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
^
@nadroJ and conformity don't belong in the same sentence.
@Nicky Borrill on the other hand obviously has quite vanilla tastes :D

As for me, I'll stop ranking B&Ms when the other manufacturers up their games. Though I'm still dying with amusement that Nick must have assumed I'd met my first girlfriend in the queue for Vampire at Chessington or something :D

Let's see what my Top 10 looks like by the end of the Summer.

It's interesting, I only ever take any notice of friends rankings, never the 'general' consensus... Because you know, it's fun to compare and poke fun at each other... I've found that on the few occasions I have taken any notice of the general consensus, it has only ever lead to mild disappointment (Helix, EP Coasters, Baron ETC ETC) And I usually completely disagree with the friends who I do take notice of!!!

So what this proves to me is that... I was right and they were wrong :p I have great taste, they have poor taste :p

Joking of course, but it is nice to know that, for now at least, with my choices being the 'popular' choices, I should keep getting more of what I like :)

@Matt N how do you run the comparison? Is it manual, or is there some feature on CC that I'm missing?

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
My RankingsCC Suggested Rankings
1) Zadra
2) Untamed
3) Taron
4) Hyperion
5) Ride To Happiness
6) F.L.Y
7) Shambhala
8) Helix
9) Lech
10) Nemesis
1) Zadra (No Change)
2) Untamed (No Change)
3) Ride To Happiness (+2)
4) Taron (-1)
5) Hyperion (-1)
6) Helix (+2)
7) Shambhala (No Change)
8) Lech (+1)
9) F.L.Y (-3)
10) Nemesis (No Change)

Well, just as it appeared at first glance, my ratings align quite closely with the general consensus... Quite incredibly, my top ten is exactly the top ten suggested by CC!!! Just in a slightly different order. Even then though, only by 3 or less places!

EmmaUK

Mega Poster
So here's my 10 ten and where they "should" be according to that:

1. Shambhala =
2. Mako =
3. Red Force (CC ranks as 8)
4. Nemesis (CC ranks as 3)
5. Icon (CC ranks as 7)
6. Manta =
7. SheiKra (CC ranks as 5)
8. Furius Baco (CC ranks as......I have no idea. I kept going down the list and when I got to kiddie coasters and middling Chessington rides, I gave up. But it would be at least no70 it seems)
9. Revenge of the Mummy (Universal Florida) (CC ranks as 14)
10. Stealth (CC ranks as 9)

So coming from it the other way as to what my top 10 "should" be:

1. Shambhala =
2. Mako =
3. Nemesis (+1)
4. Montu (+23)
5. SheiKra (+2)
6. Manta =
7. Icon (-2)
8. Red Force (-5)
9. Stealth (+1)
10. Kumba (+16)

Projektion

Mega Poster
My current top 10 is:
1. Wildfire
2. Hakugei
3. Taron
4. Zadra
5. FLY
6. Flying Dinosaur
7. Mako
8. Untamed
9. Furius Baco
10. Shambhala

And according to CC, it should be:
1. Zadra (+3)
2. Hakugei (==)
3. Eejanaika (+11)
4. Velocicoaster (+7)
5. Untamed (+3)
6. Wildfire (-5)
7. Taron (-4)
8. Hyperion (+8)
9. Helix (+14)
10. Shambhala (==)

Just for completions sake, the other rides off my Top 10 would end up at:
11. Flying Dinosaur (-5)
13. Fly (-8)
14. Mako (-7)
72. Furius Baco (-63)

Edward M

Strata Poster
I can always trust Matt N for a very interesting topic. Most of my own top 10 isn't too far away from where they supposedly "should" be, but there's some notable discrepancies in my predicted top list.
  1. Steel Vengeance (+1)
  2. Lightning Rod (-1)
  3. El Toro (+1)
  4. Untamed (+12)
  5. Fury 325 (+7)
  6. Maverick: (+13)
  7. Wildfire (+7)
  8. Twisted Colossus (+29)
  9. Taron (-2)
  10. Wicked Cyclone (+15)
Here's my top 10 to highlight the ones that are not included here are, plus my number 11 to highlight the sheer size differential:
  1. Lightning Rod (-1)
  2. Steel Vengeance (+1)
  3. Helix (-8)
  4. El Toro (+1)
  5. Outlaw Run (-9)
  6. The Voyage (-16)
  7. Taron (-2)
  8. Skyrush (-4)
  9. X2 (-8)
  10. Phoenix (-14)
  11. Beast (-58)

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
My top 10 is a weird mishmash of stuff, so I don't think it conforms much to the norm. I'm just here to say I'll be very disappointed if not all of you post your top 10 lists in the Top 10 Thread by the end of October.

Eyebrows

Hyper Poster
How my top 10 should be ordered according to captaincoaster:

1: Velocicoaster (+2)
2: El Toro (+4)
3: Twisted Timbers (+1)
4: Skyrush (-2)
5: Intimidator 305 (-4)
6: Flying Aces (+4)
7: Phoenix (-2)
8: Montu (+15)
9: Hagrid's (+5)
10: Orion (+3)

My top 10 relative to where I "should" have them ranked:

1: Intimidator 305 (#5, +4)
2: Skyrush (#4, +2)
3: Velocicoaster (#1, -2)
4: Twisted Timbers (#3, -1)
5: Phoenix (#7, +2)
6: El Toro (#2, -4)
7: Beast (#30, +23)
8: Kumba (#18, +10)
9: Mystic Timbers (#12, +3)
10: Flying Aces (#6, -4)

Really odd to see Montu, Hagrid's, and Orion up there. Of course, all this will change once I hit Cedar Point this summer.

lydian

Roller Poster
Interesting thread! I haven't ridden many coasters, and the few I have were ridden many years ago before I really knew much about coasters, so I'm not very confident at all in my rankings, hahaha! Also important to note none of the 9 coasters I have ridden in Brazil make CC's list, so I'll fully omit them. Either way, here's how they compare:

My Top 10:​
CC's "Suggested" Top 10:​
1. El Toro​
1. El Toro (±0)​
2. X²​
2. X² (±0)​
3. Tatsu​
3. Tatsu (±0)​
4. Manta​
4. Montu (+1)​
5. Montu​
5. Nitro (+6)​