What's new

How loud do you like your final brake runs?

How loud do you like your brake runs?

• Total voters

Rob Coasters

Hyper Poster
Strange question but it is what it is. How loud do you like your brake runs?

Personally I love a loud slam, it's a great way of telling me "The ride is over now" and I enjoy standing in the queue directly next to one and people get completely jumped and physically react to a shoutening gang of clanks before exclaiming something to their peers. I also like recording coasters and then you see the coaster go off camera and all you hear is "BANG TSSSS BANG TSSS".

What about you?

MestnyiGeroi

Giga Poster
Strange question but it is what it is. How loud do you like your brake runs?

Personally I love a loud slam, it's a great way of telling me "The ride is over now" and I enjoy standing in the queue directly next to one and people get completely jumped and physically react to a shoutening gang of clanks before exclaiming something to their peers. I also like recording coasters and then you see the coaster go off camera and all you hear is "BANG TSSSS BANG TSSS".

What about you?
I didn’t think I had an opinion on this, but I’m convinced by your post. And I don’t know what a “shoutening gang of planks” is, but I want it.

Ethan

Strata Poster
I'm quite sensitive to sudden loud bangs and noises, so give me a soft magnetic break sound followed with some gentle hisses any day.

ScottLann

Mega Poster
The magnetic breaks on B&M Hypers such as Mako....nice and quiet yet they have a cool sort of 'hum' if that makes sense?