Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Quite a big gap

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1 click

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Ollie

CF Legend
On coasters how far do you put your bar down?
Do you pull it down tight so you don't budge at all or do you leave a bit of space so you have a bit more freedom when going round?
Or have you ever ridden coasters with the restraints on 1 click?

I usually just pull it down but not so it's tight. Quite a few coasters I leave some room if I feel there's going to be good airtime out of it and it's safe to do so (mainly wooden coasters).

Also two coasters that were rather insane was G'sengte Sau at Tripsdrill which Stone Cold and I rode without a lapbar and Martyn and I rode The Ultimate back at the live with the restraint on one click and we rode it blindfolded with our hands up. I think we almost died. :lol:

So what do you do with your bars? Do you pin yourself in for extra safety or do you like to leave that extra bit of room so you can move a bit.
This applies to coasters with lapbars generally as OTSR's are hard to do it with.

Slash

Giga Poster
With OTSRs, all the way down, because normally if i leave it a bit open, I pull it closed (accidentally) by the end anyway :lol:.

With lap bars, I try to leave a gap, way more fun wit airtime.

nealbie

CF Legend
No clicks at all on lap bars if I can possibly get away with it!

Obviously not on Mega-Lites though, that would be - silly!

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
It depends...

Most of the time the gap is relatively minor...

But on Screaming Swings and Drop Towers I'll start off sitting forward so I'll get a nice big gap...

Just remember kids, these things are here for your safety and you don't wanna end up in the Darwin Awards for only being on one click...

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
Sorry to upset some of you, but I'm a one-click man (as many of you already know :wink: ).

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
LOL! Yeah, I remember you guys doing that, but no. I was too busy filming & I never one-click (or no-click) while doing that.

A-Kid

Giga Poster
Depends on the ride and your build size. Rush you can get away with a lovely gap. Inferno Im just on the change between clicks so I can have a nice loose one.

I tryed a bigger gap on Megafobia back row. Jesus christ. Then the bar just clamped down!

I tryed about 6 inches on Saw. Don't. Sure you get a lovely ejector on the main drop, but from there on its a slow crush as the bump in the track causes it to close suddenly.

Millie I had a loose one. Jeazz. That first drop :)

Colossus is funny really loose. I'm on the point where you get a massive gap no matter what.

Rita they didn't recheck my bar, so rediculous gap. The first hill was lovely, then the death corner came ;)

Also Stealth if you can avoid the pull-up crush you can get amazing floater that lasts the entire decent to the ground.

nealbie

CF Legend
East Coast(er) General said:
LOL! Yeah, I remember you guys doing that, but no. I was too busy filming & I never one-click (or no-click) while doing that.

I see. It did amuse - but got rather terrifying in the fast-paced pitch black section at the end. We hadn't a clue what was going on and were nearly standing up :lol:

Depends what ride it is, really, but I never one click. That would be way too big of a gap for me, since I'm not a huge person.

But yah, things like Millie, Dragster, and El Toro I'll put it down so I only get maybe a little space, as I don't feel safe with a big gap on those rides.

Things like Voyage, Behemoth and Diamondback I can leave maybe an inch, but that's all. I'm not like Jerry who wants to float out of his seat up to his knees :p . I use to try and leave a little gap on Maverick but it turns out the bigger the gap you leave, the more the restraint will staple you at the bottom of the first drop.

There aren't many rides I'll leave a huge space for.. Shivering Timbers sometimes, Blue Streak because I can't help the fact that the restraint only goes down so far, Skyhawk sometimes, and well, that's about it. Everything else usually falls into the middle category of like, an inch of space.

A

Anonymous

I usually try to get away with "one-click", but if not then I pull it down so that I at least have a little gap...

But then again, riding "one-click" on Balder (it's really easy to get) can be a bit painful for your hands, which I experienced earlier this year...

CMonster

Giga Poster
I try to get a little gap, unfortunately I don't often ride rides with lap-bars, except for like, Gwazi.

Ploddish

Hyper Poster
Megafobia is one click every time if you can, no matter where you sit - perhaps two clicks in the back near the end of the day. Madness. Oblivion I tried to get a few looser restraints, and Speed is excellent with a few inches gap, if you can get it.

Unsafety ftw!

Peter

Hyper Poster
Always the biggest amount of room as I can get. :)

Like Ollie, i've ridden G'sengte Sau without any restraints at all (<3 that ride op) which really was a case of holding on or you will fall out and die. :p

Done loads on 1 click only, best being Balder and Megafobia. Loefet taught us a great method on Balder, which involved getting your foot trapped under the restraint mechanism which is the only thing that stops you from falling out.

On rides with a seatbelt as well as a lapbar, I always loosen or take off the seatbelt on the lift hill. It's suprisingly just how restricting a seatbelt can be!

CreditCrazy

Hyper Poster
I usually try to give myself a lot of room on Goliath, but even though I put my hand under my restraint, I usually end up being stapled... :p

Then Terminator's lap bar comes down automatically, so that's a staple there, and on Xcelerator I usually don't leave myself with too much room.

If I can get away with it on hyper coasters, I'll give myself a big gap (for example I was able to on Phantom and Diamondback), but I do get stapled a lot.

Brookes

Giga Poster
Most of the time I will pull it down so there is a bit of space, but I haven't rode that many coasters with lapbars most with OTSRs. Even on OTSRs though I always leave a gap, but most of the time it gets clicked in to the tightest at the end anyway. Oblivion is the weirdest one, if you are on the border between really tight/really loose of the same one, it will come out when going down the drop then tighten as you come back up and it's really annoying sometimes. One time I got stapled and on the corner at the top it popped out to the next one. :p

ciallkennett

Strata Poster
I usually like to make sure I feel nice and safe, so a few clicks does the job, with a bit of space for movement.

On airtime filled coasters two clicks do the trick.

I tried a one click on Rattlesnake at CWoA once :D It was great!

MouseAT

Hyper Poster
It really depends on the ride. On airtime-filled rides, I always try to leave some slack in the restraints so I have room to leave the seat. I'll usually leave more slack with OTSRs that I do with lap bars.

On rides with no airtime, I don't bother leaving any slack in the restraints, as it doesn't make any real difference.

Snoo

The Legend
OTSR's.. all the way down.
Airtime Machines.. loose as I can get.
Anything else.. comfortable, such as TTD for instance.