What's new

How does the anti-rollback system work on vertical lift coasters (Fahrenheit + Eurofighters/Infinity coasters)

hersheyfan410

Roller Poster
Apologies if this has been asked before but, these rides are difficult if not impossible to evacuate on their lift hills so how do these coasters handle a situation where the lift is stopped? I know that Zierer uses magnetic brake fins that snap into place after the train passes. If anyone has witnessed these systems or is familiar with how they work I’d love to know.

Indy

Hyper Poster
It depends. The Zamperla coasters appear to use eddy current brakes so the train will slowly roll back down in the event that there is a failure. Gerstlauer seems to use a magnetic ARB, so the ARB is triggered if the car starts to roll backwards. Furthermore, they feature elevator platforms that ride up the side of the lift tower. Fahrenheit uses a double chain system for redundancy, so the chains can be reversed to lower the train.

hersheyfan410

Roller Poster
It depends. The Zamperla coasters appear to use eddy current brakes so the train will slowly roll back down in the event that there is a failure. Gerstlauer seems to use a magnetic ARB, so the ARB is triggered if the car starts to roll backwards. Furthermore, they feature elevator platforms that ride up the side of the lift tower. Fahrenheit uses a double chain system for redundancy, so the chains can be reversed to lower the train.
Gotcha that makes sense I figured that’s what the double chain was for. I wasn’t sure if Gerst had a different set up, as I noticed there’s some sort of cable that runs on the side of the lift

VonRolland

Hyper Poster
Apologies if this has been asked before but, these rides are difficult if not impossible to evacuate on their lift hills so how do these coasters handle a situation where the lift is stopped? I know that Zierer uses magnetic brake fins that snap into place after the train passes. If anyone has witnessed these systems or is familiar with how they work I’d love to know.
Gerst's can evac from vertical its just not preferred, usually they would roll the train back down the lift via the gearbox & evac from there