• Driving Forwards In

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Backing In

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Error

Strata Poster
How do I park? Terribly.

For regular parking, I always drive right in. Saves me time and effort. And, out of 100 times I park, maybe once I'll parallel park, as there is very little of that here. To give you an idea, I've only done it 3 time in 2 years, all of which during driver's training.

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
For those of you who can't parallel park, all I can say is don't drive in New York City or the vicinity. It's mostly all parallel parking here & the spaces are very tight, so if you are planning on driving in the Big Apple be sure to practice a lot beforehand.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
When I parallel park (which I tend to avoid), I have my instructors voice go through my head. "Door pillar to door pillar, three quater turn, wheel arch to bumber, reverse and straighten." It works nine times out of ten.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
I drive in forwards. Usually when I'm in a situation I would have to reverse in, there's a queue of cars behind, and I can't be bothered holding them up (and the number of times people just come right up behind you as you pass the space to be able to reverse in therefore stopping you :roll: - Stafford drivers suck).

Most of the time I'm shopping when in those parking spaces anyway, so you need boot access. That means driving in forwards.

I do hate reversing out of spaces mind...

Inverse

Hyper Poster
Reverse in.

A car is more finely manoeuvrable backwards. Plus, parking sensors are only mounted on the back.

Slayed

Hyper Poster
I usually park forwards so that I can get at the boot.

But I did have one incident in a Tesco car park where two of us reversed out and into each other! :lol:

Asda parkers are the worst though.

Steven

Giga Poster
Reverse my driving instructor got me to do some of the tightest ones possible to help. Came in useful in banger racing.

Xpress

Strata Poster
Forward, because generally i'm going in that direction already, however it doesn't matter for me. I am good at both.

nadroJ

CF Legend
Forward, because I can't be bothered with the faff of reversing in, I'm very impatient. I quite like parallel parking though, I do it quite often =]

Beans

Hyper Poster
Although I ticked forward, it depends on the car park, some spaces are tight to get out of so reverse into them, ones with easy parking drive in, car parks with a reputation for being bashed def drive in, as it is easier to get back end fixed than front.

Emmett

Giga Poster
I usually just drive straight in and worry about the reversing bit when I get back and I can take my time doing it.

I'm not too good at driving so if I had to park at a supermarket I pick one of those spaces at the far end miles away from the other cars so it gives me more room.

tks

Strata Poster
Went to the supermarket today (I wasn't driving so no fear or parking problems).

This one bloke was trying to reverse this MASSIVE people carrier into a spot far too tight to get in, resulting in what was probably a 30 strong queue around the car park with people applying the horn liberally.

My test centre was down a road which has cars parked on both sides permanently reducing the width of the road to just about one car wide... and no bay parking spaces.