Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don't eat meat/steak.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
Medium on the rare side for me. I likes mine with a nice strip of pink down the middle. :wink:

Steven

Giga Poster
Well I am not going to poll as I let the chief decide. They know what they are cooking so they know how it should me done. Only one chef has given me a burnt cinder but it was for the right reasons. Ans on the euro live 2009 I got the best stake ever on the ferry came out a bit raw for my liking but I swallowed my pride and bit into it. Best yet! So I ask the waiter to put down let the chief decide.

Steven

Giga Poster
Yeh I can live with 9/10 chefs getting it right. At the end of the day they know what the quality is of the meat and how to best cook it.

Mr Nash

Hyper Poster
I'm not really all that keen on steak,I think it's highly over-rated.

I've never brought it to cook at home,and if I'm dining out,I'd rather be eating something else.

But,on the very very rare occasion I've had it,then it's medium to well done.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
It's NOT blood - it's myoglobin. So don't get all worried about a pool of the stuff on your plate ;)

I like mine medium-rare. I like to tell the chef that's how I like it, because it's how I like it. Anywhere that has a chef who can tell me what I like is posh enough to have a variety of steaks where they can get one to suit being cooked medium-rare. If they're not that posh, I'm not asking the chef to predict my tastes :p

marc

CF Legend
Well done to burnt :)

I have tried it when there is still blood and it does taste better I have to admit, but as soon as I see the bloody I start to feel sick.

A friend of mine had his blue, not many places in the UK will serve it like that and not many new how to do it.

Nic

Strata Poster
Mum once went to a restaurant in France, and was given the task of ordering 4 well cooked steaks for other members of the family. Trouble is, she couldn't remember the phrase for "well done", so just ordered them "NOIR!". Waiter found it hilarious, and they got what they wanted. Everyone's a winner.

I'm a medium-rare girl myself, although I do often wish I was brave enough to order rare, as I get pissed off when they cook it medium rare, and leave it on the warming plate so long that it's medium-well by the time it's on the table.

Nom!

thx

Mega Poster
^hehe. I've only had a few steaks in my life, most of them I've had as medium and a few as well-done. I prefer them being closer to medium than well done though, because too often I've seen a well done steak being "too well done" and hard to chew.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
UC said:
Furie said:
It's NOT blood - it's myoglobin. So don't get all worried about a pool of the stuff on your plate

Right below him said:
I have tried it when there is still blood and it does taste better I have to admit, but as soon as I see the bloody I start to feel sick.

Loving all the post reading going on in this topic.

You can lead a horse to water, but a pencil must be lead... ;)

Jer

Strata Poster
Medium or Medium-Rare preferably, as long as it's not raw or dry I dont really care :)

bazpa

Hyper Poster
I like mine congratulated - well done. Don't have it very often though, much rather have a bit of braising steak done in the slow cooker

A

Anonymous

I like m steak just medium not to rare and not to well done, mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm come to think about it I want a steak right now :)