What's new

Hotgo Park | Unknown | B&M Wing Coaster & B&M Hyper Coaster | :-(

Coaster Hipster

Giga Poster
This is arguably the most unusual B&M hyper layout in a while. Not that I'm complaining, it looks cool and different!

Some close-up picture of the Ampersand I found on coasterfriends.de:

TCm4LBT.jpg

Matt N

CF Legend
Is the concrete bit towards the bottom left a water splash like the one on Diamondback? Or the one on Shambhala?

balrog

Mega Poster
Do someone has a picture of this from above ? Is the Hyper's layout triangular instead of a linear out and back ?

Also, that twisted hill looks awesome.

balrog

Mega Poster
Roomraider had one on the previous page:
Thanks ! I don't know how I missed that, I have wanted to see this image for a while now. This looks beyond amazing. Like if B&M wanted to let us know that they won't let Intamin and Mack be the better hypercoaster manufacturers.

Lofty

CF Legend
Really love the layout of the Hyper, it reminds me of a combo of the elements commonly found on B&M Gigas (long sweeping turns) and Hypers. Really cool. Especially the twisting airtime hill.

balrog

Mega Poster
Really love the layout of the Hyper, it reminds me of a combo of the elements commonly found on B&M Gigas (long sweeping turns) and Hypers. Really cool. Especially the twisting airtime hill.
I really believe B&M don't care about the hyper/giga distinction. And they are right, the distinction is useless. That kind of design is just how recent B&M hypers look, whatever the height. B&M is now ready to step away from the airtime-only hyper and give us more variety in the elements, if the parks wants of course. I'm sure they would be just as inclined to do a 350ft, shambhala style, airtime focused hyper without any high speed turns is a client wants it.

Lofty

CF Legend
As much as that's what they 'want' to do, my post was based on what they actually have in existence to date. It's undeniable that the style of experience in a Giga and Hyper has been quite different to date - this is the first coaster that truly blends the two into one. I'm not quite sure why you felt the need to correct me, but ok!

balrog

Mega Poster
Oh, sorry. I didn't want to correct you, I agree with you. I just wanted give my opinion as to why it doesn't surprise me. It feels like the continuation of their previous work. I think they giga feels different because they are more recent models, more than because they are tall. And because they are in parks that already have a B&M hyper, so the parks wanted sonething different.

Crazycoaster

Giga Poster
As much as that's what they 'want' to do, my post was based on what they actually have in existence to date. It's undeniable that the style of experience in a Giga and Hyper has been quite different to date - this is the first coaster that truly blends the two into one. I'm not quite sure why you felt the need to correct me, but ok!

I mean, Appolo’s Chariot had long sweeping turns. I’d compare this new one with Shambhala (the first half is almost identical) more than one of the giga’s tbh. It has a few turns afterwards, but most hypers have turns.

Lofty

CF Legend
Apollo's Chariot absolutely does not have long swwping turns like this. It has a huge helix turnaround and that's about it? Look at the low to the ground banked turn after the tunaround on this Hyper, that element isn't found on any of the larger Hypers, yet both Leviathan and Fury 325 have them. The same can also be said for the finale of the ride. That's the point I was making. Apart from the speed hill, large hill and ampersand, this really isn't loads like Shambhala?

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
^Is the ampersand that weird turn on Shambhala after the first airtime hill that is also on this coaster, AKA my avatar? :)

Last edited: