What's new

Hong Kong Disneyland expansion 2018-2023

cocoa

Mega Poster
I would have guessed both the protests and covid19 would have really hurt HKdisney. But I'm particularly fond of it- its such an easy and relaxing disney park. I hope it gets back on its feet

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
^ Yeah, the numbers for last year haven't been released yet, but when they are, Disney and Ocean Park will have taken a massive hit. I wouldn't be surprised to see a reduction of around 20%, or maybe even more.

That's last year though because of the protests. At least the parks were open. This year will also be appalling because of the virus. They've already missed out on Chinese New Year, which is one of their busiest periods, and even when they do reopen, tourists aren't going to be coming back to Hong Kong for a while, and locals will still be worried about being with crowds of people.

It's a mess.
I take it they're not doing any construction work at the moment, what with everything surrounding coronavirus?

Looks to be coming along well regardless, though!
I don't know honestly. The park is closed, but I don't think that would affect construction crews. Construction work elsewhere (right opposite my f**king building for example) is carrying on as normal. If anything, they might even be taking advantage of it.

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 using Tapatalk

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
The concept art very clearly shows the same cars as Seven Dwarfs. Yeah, plans change, but I don't think they'd change the entire ride type since that would also involve an entire redesign of the whole attraction and the area it's in.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
Went to the park today and had the genius idea to see if I could see anything from the Toy Story parachute thing which I usually never bother with. Tada!

VfOPGXs.jpg

A bit of an overview:

ki3QYeG.jpg

6MVvnnz.jpg

Can't really figure out if that's track in there. It's the other side of the land, where the water ride should be going:

nW4OHbr.jpg

And the castle is slowly getting there, though I'm not sure we're looking at a 2020 opening at this stage. They've already got merch in the shops though.

HjZhdJJ.jpg

Last edited:

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
^ Yeah, the Frozen Land is behind the train station in Fantasyland. If you went in a straight line down Main Street, through the castle and Fantasyland, you'd hit it. The coaster is to the right if you were facing the land head on from that direction.

0d7d489e28d2307a78a315266f7c3682.jpg

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
Has anyone seen anymore information or pictures of the New castle? From what I read it soft opened a couple of days ago.
You heard wrong. I was there on Friday. The construction boards have been taken down, but replaced by trees in pots to keep it fenced off for now. Still some work going on, but can't be far off now.
a37a45eb2670b2bf36ff8a49538d3956.jpg