What's new

Homemade inverted roller coaster

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
I've just been looking through some of your videos, and I didn't realize you were the person who made that automatic Wild Mouse!

Do you plan on trying to install a magnetic braking system? I've also noticed you don't tend to build a station platform, which I think would be a cool thing to build for the coaster.

I also saw your small air powered drop tower system. If you made it taller and made it free fall with only one drop, with a catch car system taking the train to the top, I think you could be the first person to ever make a thrilling drop tower! (And obviously a backyard inverting invert). :)

Bert2theSpark

Mega Poster
I also saw your small air powered drop tower system. If you made it taller and made it free fall with only one drop, with a catch car system taking the train to the top, I think you could be the first person to ever make a thrilling drop tower! (And obviously a backyard inverting invert). :)
English please. I don't understand.

guiguirides

Roller Poster
I've just been looking through some of your videos, and I didn't realize you were the person who made that automatic Wild Mouse!

Do you plan on trying to install a magnetic braking system? I've also noticed you don't tend to build a station platform, which I think would be a cool thing to build for the coaster.

That is true. I must to make a platform for the wild mouse. For the tower, I was inspired by the Zemperla model. I do not have the intelligence to made a free fall tower and magnetic brakes.

Lofty

CF Legend
@ATI there was not a post in this group for a number of months and you've bumped it with posting about his problems and his mental health issues. As a sufferer of mental health issues, if I saw that you'd done that, I'd be fuming. You are clearly on Facebook, you could have commented there, messaged the page or anything. By posting it here you're clearly after getting something from it or making yourself look like a saint - it's incredibly insensitive. Think about your actions next time.

@guiguirides Please feel free to message any of us and remember, you have people around you.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Preempting a response from someone - yes this is an update to the subject matter, but please don't loose sight of the fact that someone is obviously in some pain here. Mental health is not something to be taken lightly, and we should be careful sharing things like this. I'm not saying we shouldn't talk about your mental health issues and try to cover them up, but we also need to be careful spreading someone's pain all over the place. It's certainly not any of our places to comment on things like this.

Hopefully he has people around him that can help, and if not, hopefully he can find someone.

Please be mindful when posting things like this. That's my mod-bit done. Please try to keep this civil.

Last edited:

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
I shared his posts so we could give him extra support, to try and make him feel less ****, not more ****. I wasn't trying to be a ****, and certainly didn't have the intention of making matters worse (obviously).

Lofty

CF Legend
I think you really need to assess situations before posting an think if what you are posting could be incredibly sensitive material, to which this is.

Snoo

The Legend
Best of luck to the man. I hope he can regain some normalcy and get everything back in order. I've known many a person who struggles, including myself, with issues in their life and it can be a long road. As has been said, if you want anything from your coaster friends on CoasterForce, @guiguirides, we are certainly here for you.

Edward M

Strata Poster
ATI's intentions were kind, and he obviously thought that giving the subject more attention would help. Nonetheless, I'm glad the post is deleted since it had information that this person may not want on these forums. And @guiguirides feel free to reach out to me or anyone else. I've tried to help out a lot of friends of mine with mental health since it's a subject I'm familiar with. I go to therapy twice a week, and I can offer advice or support at any time. Life can be so hard without that basis of support, and reaching out is by far the hardest part. These forums are a very kind place with good people who would love to help you. I hope you find your way in life and continue on; keep up the good work!