What's new

Homemade Coaster!

Ride someone elses? Make your own? Or Both!

• Make your own, don't ride someone elses

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ride someone elses, don't make your own

• Both! I'm a crazy mofo in that sense!

• Neither. Your a crazy mofo

• Total voters

Slash

Giga Poster
Ok here is a link to a homemade coaster someone made in their backyard. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cF6irUskuUY&NR=1, you've probably seen it as its been on tv and on the internet for a while now but i was wondering would you ride a homemade coaster and would you make one?

I think I would ride a homemade coaster as long as the owner was willing to ride it and proved it was damn safe, however I'd never make one because A. I don't have the skill and B. I'd probably cock it up.

So what is your opinion?

Also, if anyones interested in contacting the guy, or just reading his web page. Links here http://www.negative-g.com/BlueFlash/February2002/Blue-Flash-2002-2-1.html

I'd ride it.. But I laugh at the thought of what might happen if I tried to build my own. Not to mention my near-fail physics mark..

A-Kid

Giga Poster
I went for the both option. I would love to ride that woodie that someone built.

I would also build my own if I could afford it. But it would be totaly different to the current ones. Ie Floorless, Lapbar, Loops, Sharp Airhills and Themed. Probally 60ft high. But its all down to money really...

Jake

Strata Poster
Since blue flash this guy has built another coaster (right next to blue flash) with no inversions. I don't know what it's called though :p.

CMonster

Giga Poster
I put down the first option, make your own and don't ride, but I think I would ride one if the owner rode it before me. But I would love to make one, even if it were too small to ride in.

Uncle Arly

Strata Poster
That Blue Flash one looks horrible! The corkscrew looks downright painful.

But, to answer the question, I probably would. :--D

rollermonkey

Strata Poster
Jake said:
Since blue flash this guy has built another coaster (right next to blue flash) with no inversions. I don't know what it's called though :p.

It's called Blue Too.

Incidentally, Blue Flash was for sale recently.

I've seen them in person, but not ridden. I consider them and the Oklahoma Land Run (That's the home built woodie) quasi-credits.

Since they are not technically open to the public to ride, due to a whole lot of shaky planning approval, non-existent insurance, etc.

Would I ride them? Probably. But I can't see myself counting them, honestly.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Both.

I'd love to make my own, it's be pointless, but it's one of those weird things that everyone seems to like. It's quite Wallace and Gromit really.

As for riding someone else's, then sign me up. I think it could even be more thrilling than some 'proper' coasters out there.

A

Anonymous

Both.

I would even start to count them (in a separate list :) ), and I also working on a design that I would build if I get the time and money for it :) (it will definitely be a more of a world first then SW6 :D ).

Jake

Strata Poster
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e7qbmnWhZJw[/youtube]

Theres a video of Blue Too, which features a 2 car 'train'. The lift hill goes over the final helix of blue flash.

I'd love to build one of my own, but even small backyard coaster would be a lot of money. I would probably build one that's 30 feet high because my property is only one acre.

AltonTowersFan

Mega Poster
I have ridden others home made coasters already, and Im building a world first coaster in my back yard, it is 9feet high, 21 feet long and 7 feet wide, includes 2 worlds first, a complete circuit and 4 track suithces, I swear

Jodabomb24

Roller Poster
I don't think I would be able to build one of my own, but it'd be pretty awesome to ride one. I just wouldn't want to ride one that inverts, like Blue Flash. That's just asking for you to fall out and bust your head open. Blue Too seems a little tame as well. But that woodie? That would be awesome.

Lofty

CF Legend
Yeah, why not, I'd give it a go, what's the worst that could happen? Well, death probably, but nonetheless, yeah, why not!