What's new

Home park and proud?

bezzzzzer

Hyper Poster
Pleasure Island!

And I absolutley love it. Am I proud to call it my home park? More nervous due to its uncertain recent past it has encountered. Personally, I love it, but that is only because it is my home park. If it was anywhere else I know I'd say it was ****, but it's not anywhere else is it? It's in Cleethorpes, and that's my town badboy!

Bit similar to being a Grimsby Town supporter really.

TTDfan52

Mega Poster
SFGAm
Its an okay park. A little trashy, and there hasn't been a new big coaster in awhile, but the coasters it has aren't that bad.

jjjjustin

Hyper Poster
I would say my home park is Great adventure I'm proud of that even though there are some problems like line cutting.

But the park I live closest to is bowcraft... I went to it when I was younger and don't remember a thing.

ciallkennett

Strata Poster
Gulliver's Land Milton Keynes ftw! <3

I walked to it the other week - takes about 40 min, peaceful walk from my house taking in the sights of Milton Keynes. The park itself, however, is lovely for families, but not for big, tall and somewhat paedophilic looking Ciall.

It needs more investment, a new ride sooner or later and it needs the Antelope "man-powered" coaster that was promised for the adjacent Eco-Park.

When I (hopefully) go to Derby in September, I guess Alton will be my home park - that is much more acceptable and lovable <3

jokerman

Giga Poster
Since I could walk to it fairly easily, Chessington. And I'm very happy with it. It's a nice place to just walk around and spend some time.

Martyn B

CF Legend
It needs more investment, a new ride sooner or later and it needs the Antelope "man-powered" coaster that was promised for the adjacent Eco-Park.

Did that eco-park do go ahead? Could of sworn I saw pics of it ready to open...

Colossus

Giga Poster
Fantasy Island is my local, which isnt the best park, but its always nice to pop down there for the day every now and again to rip Odyssy as its only an hour away and a cheap day out.

madhjsp

Giga Poster
I don't really live close enough to any park to call one my "home park," but I guess Busch Gardens Europe (which is a 4 hour drive from home) is probably the closest thing, in the sense that it's the first park I ever visited, it's the one I've visited the most (by far), it's the one I'm most familiar with, and it's my favorite park overall.

Geographically, Kings Dominion is the closest park to me, but I wouldn't call it my home park for the reasons mentioned above.

valleyfair!

Hyper Poster
Before I moved to Florida and went out to school in Colorado, Valleyfair was my home park and obviously by the username was proud of it! Still make it back there plenty and kinda consider it my home park still cause there really isn't anything in South Florida and don't spend coaster season in CO really.

s15c

Mega Poster
Six Flags America is geographically closer, but I haven't been as the feeling around here is that if you go you stand a chance at getting shot, and if you don't get shot- you'll get shot while getting shot. So if that were my home park, I'd certainly be ashamed.

Hershey would be more like my home park, even if the drive is an extra hour. I've been so many times I can't remember, I could walk around the park blindfolded, I know it, it has good rides, and it certainly is a good home park.

bizarrofan10

Hyper Poster
I am proud to say that my home park, Six Flags New England, boasts Bizarro, one of the best coasters on the planet.

Am I proud of the park? I think so. While, like most SF parks it lacks flats, Batman is a nice smooth floorless and Cyclone, despite its bumpiness, is a true hidden gem among woodies.

Mr Nash

Hyper Poster
Although Thorpe and Chessington are probably the same distance to get to for me,Chessie will always be my home park.

Even though I visit Thorpe more often nowadays,Chessie was the park I always chose to visit back in the day,it holds some great memories.

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
My current home park is Tusenfryd. Hoo-whopping-ray... overpriced, crowded, nightmarishly expensive, lackustre rides, they charge too much money, bad food, you have to pay an arm and a leg to stay there for a day... - still, I like it.

In a month or so, my "home park" will be Hunderfossen in Lillehammer, some 400 kilometres away from where I live. It has a whooping count of zero coasters, and about ten mechanic attractions. There is one kiddy coaster at an open-air museum some kilometres down the road, though.

A101

Mega Poster
My home park is Canada's Wonderland. Just over 1/2 an hour from my house. Good park to spend the day at, except for the lack of B&Ms and Intamins. Too many clones in the park. Hoping for an Intamin Blitz next year!!!

Proud, more or less....

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
bizarrofan10 said:
Cyclone, despite its bumpiness, is a true hidden gem among woodies.

No, it isn't... It's a hidden turd among woodies, and there's a reason it's hidden; the shape, smells and disgusting nature of it.

Dave

CF Legend
It would be Clarence Pier, but no. I class Paultons Park as my home park, am always pleased to hear it's doing well and try keep up to date in what is going on. Plus it holds more good childhood memories then say Clarence Pier.