• Yes

Votes: 12 63.2%
  • No

Votes: 7 36.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Snoo

The Legend
I pose this question to the community mostly because I'm still in the process of recovering from my second shoulder surgery (left).

As I've had seizures since I was 13 (now 30) as well as played a large number of contact sports, I've continuously had issues with my shoulder dislocating. The more you dislocate, the worse it gets. I had my first surgery in December of 2012 (just arthroscopic to fix the labrum) and my second surgery March 13th of this year (MUCH more invasive, as my shoulder socket was falling apart, they put it back together). I now have 4 nice scars (one giant one) on the front and back of my shoulder.

All that being said, WHERE YOU BE SKANKS?

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Thankfully not!

What are your recovery times looking like at the moment, @Snoo?

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
Technically yes, but not really anything major. I had to get ear tubes put in, my nose had to be cauterized, and tonsils had to be removed. All 1 procedure when I was 8 or something.

I also had 7 teeth pulled in one sitting if that counts.

Jarrett

Most Obnoxious Member 2016
I've had oral surgery just once, I had two extra teeth removed when I was in the third grade, needed braces to straighten them up in the fifth grade but that was it. I was out for maybe two hours while they cut them out.

Apparently I'm no fun on gas, but that was when I was a kid.

tomahawk

Strata Poster
In terms of actual cuts? Just wisdom teeth and then other teeth as well. In terms of being put under for procedures? I think I'm up to 8 on my lower back after this past one this year. Thankfully avoided a cut on that one.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Snoo

The Legend
Thankfully not!

What are your recovery times looking like at the moment, @Snoo?
Typical recovery times are 6-9 months. It's been 4 and I'm at the point where my pain is all muscle and only because of weakness and lack of flexibility, not so much my joint having issues. I still have a solid 2-3 months before I feel I'll be without pain long term but to be where my right shoulder is, it may be next year.

I've been fortunate to have the build that I have as my muscles are naturally stronger which reduces recovery time.

Weird I'm the only one thus far though.

Mysterious Sue

Strata Poster
Nope. Had two teeth out but was never put under.
Never (officially) broken anything either (pretty sure I've broken/fractured multiple toes/fingers but never bothered to have them looked at).

Dave

CF Legend
Mine have mainly been dental, but when my wisdom teeth came through and caused issues including the right side of my face swelling up had to have surgery. Had all 4 wisdom teeth removed and two other teeth that were being broken by the wisdom teeth pushing into them. My jaw felt like I was chewing on jelly babies for weeks!

I was offered my current job while I was coming down off the anaesthetic, and next day I accept it while on some strong painkillers. Because I did not hear anything for 3-4 days i.e. contract or a confirmation email, I scared myself into thinking I hallucinated it all.

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
I had a sketchy-looking nevus cut out once, under local anaesthesia, but I think that's the closest I've got.

caffeine_demon

Strata Poster
I had the whole adenoids and grommets thing when I was little - but mum always said that she though that was down to "selective hearing" - I used to ignore "it's bedtime"...

Also had a screw put in my thumb after breaking that, an ingrown hair root removed, and had a massive boil drained a few years ago, but I'm not telling you where those last 2 were!! :p

Will

Strata Poster
Surprised I'm the first person who's posted sans appendix; that was removed on 7 July 2005 - I'm always very grateful I wasn't in a London hospital.
Other than that, I've had my teeth messed with a couple of times (finally paid to have my 'fang' fixed in 2014) and an ingrowing toenail operated on in June 2005.

nadroJ

CF Legend
Nope. Had two teeth out but was never put under.
Never (officially) broken anything either (pretty sure I've broken/fractured multiple toes/fingers but never bothered to have them looked at).

HOW have you never broken anything XD

And nope! Never had surgery or even been in hospital for anything. Can't even remember the last time I went to the doctors. I'm actually secretly a little bit scared of them tbh.

Mack

Mega Poster
Superpunctured eardrum required my ear to be cut off and stuck back on for the graft implant a few years ago. It has a kind of cool scar. Everyone says I should get a tattoo on it that makes it look like it peels back to reveal gears and machinery. Which would be awesome if that were allowed at any job I've ever been in/interested in.

Tore my ACL being a ****head going 61mph down Quantum Leap at Okemo Ski Area 2 seasons ago. Shrugggg.

Yeah, just one when I was 14 but it was pretty major. It was suppose to just be a routine outpatient laparoscopy, but they ended up finding all kinds of stuff jacked up thanks to endometriosis and I ended up getting a lot of parts removed/cut, and spending almost three weeks in the hospital. Not fun, considering I missed out on the first three weeks of high school and the scar looks like I had a C-section.

zombieface

Roller Poster
Technically yes, I have had wisdom teeth removal but mine were weird and they had to cut open my gums and pull out the teeth before they could solidify into my gums or something like that. It was strange

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I had several teeth taken out under anaesthetic when I was about 7 years old. Also had my tonsils out in my early 20's.

Hutch

Strata Poster
So I had pectus excavatum, which, for those of you unaware, basically means that I had a concave chest. I was incredibly self-conscious about it, and it seemed to get worse as I got taller (had the potential to be a greater health concern in the future). So I decided to fix that two summers ago and underwent surgery to insert a steel bar inside and "pop out" my sternum into a "normal" chest position. I pretty much had that whole summer to let the bar and my bones settle into their new positions, and as one would expect I had miserable pain for several weeks. Fortunately, my recovery went pretty well and I was able to get back on a roller coaster less than 3 months since the surgery (Wicked Cyclone was a pretty good one start with, considering the smoothness!).

The steel bar is still inside me now (to ensure that my "new chest" remains in place), but I've ridden dozens of coasters since and I don't even feel/notice the bar when riding (launched rides, rough woodies, and Boomerangs are no problem). I have four scars, but really only two of them are obvious and even then they aren't that big. The plan will be to have another surgery sometime next year to have the bar removed.