What's new

Have you ever visited a theme park under the influence?

RUI (Riding Under the Influence)

• No.

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Yes.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Ben

CF Legend
I had half a pint at Thorpe Ghosterforce last year because the park made me want to die, so I turned to drink. That's actually it. I've been drunk and looking at coasters four times though if that counts? And I've been to the Alton Car Park drunk. Does that count?

marc

CF Legend
I was still a bit drunk at Portaventura, tbh it did not make any difference I dont think. I would need to be 100% pissed to make Baco any better, but if I had drunk Martini I would be able to use the Bond joke :)

nealbie

CF Legend
4 pints at Bakken still made ye olde roller coaster hurt like a bitch.

Other than that, Thorpe on my 18th. Now that was a pleasant experience. Yes that's right! I fully endorse alcohol at Thorpe Park*, makes for a much better visit.

*Neal/SchumacherFerrari or any related person is not in any way associated with the CoasterForce brand; and as such CoasterForce should take no responsibility for his ill-given and potentially illegal advice.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
Since this has been dragged up from the grave and I didn't post before...

In terms of drinking/being drunk in a park, I can only think of doing it at Lotte World. I was there with a bunch of friends, it was a really hot day, we had to wait for about an hour for Atlantis Adventure so decided to get some nice cold beers (which they sell all over the park) while we waited. We then did the same for every queue line and ended the day being quite wasted. 'twas a good day.

I suppose getting drunk/ **** ed up while working in the Tomb of Terror at Flamingoland should probably count, too. NOT to be recommended!

Hungover at a park? **** loads of times.

SAW_gameover

Mega Poster
Got drunk at Thorpe Blast 2008. Was frezeing cold, so had 6 beers to warm me up :)

Somehow I got served beer at the glasshouse, even though I would have been 15 :D

Slammer when drunk = Serious Headfuq

Detonator when drunk = 800FT of sick inducing freefall

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend
I personally think it's pretty stupid and inconsiderate to be anything more than a little tipsy at an attraction like a theme park. I don't like being around anyone under the influence and so do a great deal of people. Even a lot of people who enjoy drinking don't like being around those that are drunk when they aren't themselves... and since most people at a theme park won't be, it's just inconsiderate.

I'd rather have smokers, personally, than obnoxious, loud, smelly drunk people who are likely going to try and talk to me and be stupid.

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
Who cares about drinking the night before? Having a hangover isn't the same thing.
Beer pong at Outer Hanks & then buzz rides on I305, Drop Zone & Rebel Yell. Epic!
In the old days it was smoke 'em if you got 'em, which made rides like GASM, Chiller & even Viper more tolerable. Well, maybe not Viper...

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
As far as I know "under the influence" does not mean drunk. Catching a buzz & riding coasters is different than being drunk on a coaster.