What's new

Have you ever stayed up longer than 24 hours?

Have you ever stayed up longer than 24 hours?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• Ha! 24 hours, I've stayed up more than 48!

• Total voters

Ollie

CF Legend
Question explains itself really. :p

I haven't before but at the rate I'm going now and haven't managed to get to sleep I'm pretty close to doing it for the first time. :D

So have you ever gone a full 24 hours, or more without sleep?

Snoo

The Legend
Yeah.. somewhere around 30 once. Over 24 hours about 3-4 times. That was back in my prime tho.. im much to old for that.. :lol:

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
Yeah, a few times. Ummmm, not much else to say really.

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
One day, last autumn, I woke up at 7AM, went to school, and after school, in the evening, went for a scout trip. We started to walk at 11:50PM, and walked the entire night, and we were driven home at 1PM the next day (slept in the car). 36 hours, eleven of them spent walking. That's the most extreme I have ever done, sleep-wise. Usually, I get up early, and get to bed early.

Emmett

Giga Poster
Most of my coaster trips involve me staying up more than 24 hours, especially if I am travelling on the boat during night time.

The longest I went was about 2 days without sleep, when I first went to Fantasy Island a few years back. Left Dublin at about 9pm on Friday and arrived home at about 6am on Sunday morning and had no sleep in between.

Martyn H

Hyper Poster
Yes, first I can remember was on my first trip to Spain back in 2001. We had to be out of the hotel by 8am so that meant waking up at 6am, and we didn't get back to the airport by 6:30am. Done it a few more times after this as well.

Ollie

CF Legend
Well I have now been up for more than 24 hours for the first time ever at 10:30 this morning. :p

I wasn't planning to as I tried to get to sleep for about 5 hours so I just gave up. :lol:

Richie

Hyper Poster
Yeah, at house parties and stuff.

Other than that, no. I wouldn't stay up all night alone just on the computer or something. It's pointless and also sad.

Ben

CF Legend
I will have today, so yes.

Up at six, out and about all day and night, and crawl into bed at about 7.30.

(Ben can't find the less then sign on this keyboard, but lessthan3)

Ollie

CF Legend
I've just confused myself now. :p

I had a lay in bed and fell asleep for about half an hour but now I've woken up my body thinks it's Sunday morning but my brain knows it's still Saturday evening. It's kinda weird as you don't know what to do now. :lol:

I've just had to eat a bag of crisps to remind myself it's not breakfast time. :p

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
At house parties and when I went clubbing when I was in my late teens/early twenties.

And when I've been to/from the USA, the time difference and me not wanting to suffer from jet lag has forced me awake.

On my return last year, I was up for a mammoth 38 hours before I hit fell asleep. I went out to the pub in the UK, had a few beers and felt really floaty for an hour before I zonked in the car home.

Nicky

Hyper Poster
When I was on my way back from Greece last year. We had a 2am pick up from the hotel and I can't really sleep on coaches and planes so it was 28 hours I was awake for.

Lain

Giga Poster
I think the longest I've gone is about 40 hours. It happens when I find myself up so late, that I don't think I'll be able to wake up in time for something if I go to sleep, so I just stay awake.

It really feels terrible after a while though, I wouldn't advise it.

thx

Mega Poster
From what I remember I've stayed up at least 23 hrs, it could be a bit more (that time), but still less than 25hrs, can't remember if that is the longest I've stayed up. Also unfortunately (?) I haven't had a reason to stay up longer, and fyi clubs here close at 4 (really 3:45).
btw. I heard/read somewhere about a year ago that staying up for 24 hrs is comparable with being 1 promille (sp?) drunk, lol.