• Nope. Never protested.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I don't mean stupid petty protests like not eating your dinner cus Mum put sprouts on your plate or not posted on CF because you didn't like the way we did something, but proper full blown protests.

The sort of protests we saw in 2002/3 before Gulf War II, the ones with organised massive marches, where you hold placards and shout stuff.

I guess the same applies to being on strike at work.

Have you ever been part of a protest? If so, what for?

Ollie

CF Legend
Nope. I think the biggest protest I've been part of was in my secondary school in Wales. Where the whole school decided (for some reason that was worth protesting for but I can't remember :lol:) to not go to lessons and just sit on the field and chant. It went pretty well and the teachers had no idea what to do, but then as soon as the head teacher came out everyone scattered. :p

kimahri

CF Legend
biggest one i've been in was similar to ollies.

We got a crowd but then Linda Pinder came out... Every one ran in fear for their lives.

A

Anonymous

I took part in a protest about GW II walked out of school with about 5 others and took the train to the lacashire main baracks and lancashire war dept. Hated doing it but we got afew responces from the officers in the barraks suporting us. and giveing us a uniform speech about how its decided for them and they have only 2 choises leave for war or leave the forces.

Emmett

Giga Poster
The most recent protests I've done are strikes outside my workplace over the past few weeks. We done one for the whole day and then a couple of luchtime strikes. Good laugh with all cars beeping and pedestrians calling us lazy civil servants throughout the day.

The only other protest I took part in was one May Day Event a few years ago in Dublin which ended up turning into a riot.

Dave

CF Legend
I'm going to protest about the rise in Tuition Fees but im not going to join in the G20 bunch, as personally I think thats a march with no mission. I think they should let the G20 leaders get on with their summit, and try work something out.

Emmett

Giga Poster
^The majority of those people are only there to cause trouble. The real prostestors usually have peaceful marches instead of having to smash a city up. Also I bet some of these so called protestors who are criticising the government are still claiming their benefits off the state seeing as they have no jobs to go to.

If they were aksed about what they protesting about they probably wouldn't be able to answer the question.

Dave

CF Legend
^ Saying that I just tuned into BBC News 24 and they had an interview with a protester who got hit with a baton by the police. He said that he was peacefully protesting by sitting down and said he was rudely charged by the police and aggressively kicked in the back.
Get used to it, if fellow protesters decide to be twats and smash the windows at the RBS bank then you pay the consequences together, you treat the crowd as a crowd not individuals.

Nadia

Mega Poster
Ian said:
The sort of protests we saw in 2002/3 before Gulf War II, the ones with organised massive marches, where you hold placards and shout stuff.

I was part of one of the war protests that was in Manchester back when I was at college. Was like a who wants to come and protest? Yeah ok haha! Loads of us left college at dinner and went into Manc to protest! Though it had already started when we got there so we spent a lot of the afternoon wandering around to find the main group!! Good times haha!

Gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
No, but used to have to walk through them occasionally since I had a job very near the National Assembly. The anti-America ones were always the best, as I'm obviously American because of my skin colour and "huge" eyes.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
I was going to go and join a protest about the reclassification of pot to a higher category, but... well, you know... Never really happened, but it seemed like a good idea at the time :p

thx

Mega Poster
Yes, but with my parents (so I didn't make the decision) for an hour or so back in 2002. It was a "16 years ago in memory of Tschernobyl disaster" but mostly, a "don't build a 5th nuclear power plant in Finland-march", there was over 5000 protestants. Few years later they decided to build it, so my few, unenthusiastic, yet catcy "hei hei hei ydinvoima ei" phrases ( a bit like, "ho ho ho, nuclear power no") were all in vain :lol:

Otherwise, nope, but if there was something I felt very strong about (hasn't been yet though...) then I could maybe join in the protest, for a short time or so.'

Rush

Giga Poster
At a first glance, I thought the topic title said 'Have you ever prostituted?' :oops:

No, I've never had a reason to protest but I will protest if I feel strongly against something if it comes up in the future.

the_missus

Mega Poster
Well I went to a protest about section 28 in Kent a few years ago...but in our usual style we were late and missed it....but we were there in spirit!!

Error

Strata Poster
Willingly? No.

My parents made me stand outside in the summer with a crapload of signs saying how abortion is wrong and immoral. Stupid religion.

Since I came to my senses, I thus refused to go to it because it was HIGHLY pointless. It's not going to change opinions of everyone, and people will just look at you like a bunch of weirdos with large signs.

As an artist and a small eviromentalist, watse of paper.