What's new

Happy Valley Xi'an | Xi'an China | Theme Park

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
With every major park announcement in China comes a trove of amusing concept art. Happy Valley has announced it's planned Xi'an based park and it is no exception.

Look closely at the concept art and you can spot 2 B&M Flyers (1 Superman, 1 Manta) a Schwarzkopf looping coaster, a Wodan clone and a B&M/Vekoma SFC.

What the park's actual line up will be remains to be seen but here's the art so far.

Some large scale art showing off the park.
Xian HV6.jpeg
Xian HV1.jpeg
Close ups of that first piece showing some of the coasters not going to this park :p
Xian HV2.jpg Xian HV3.jpg
A terrible model
Xian HV4.jpg
Some people looking at the terrible model
XIan HV5.jpg

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
A Wodan Clone... And 2 B&M flyers? WT actual F?

Placeholders. It's a way to visualize that they set aside this-and-that area for coasters, which obviously aren't ordered yet, so they just plonk down some nonspecific (to the untrained eye) coaster layouts.

Lofty

CF Legend
There's no station fly by or anything?! Sure, it has some elements that Wodan does (and Desert Rally in Happy Valley Chengdu), but it's absolutely clearly not a clone. It's a concept art piece to convey a wooden coaster, that simple.

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
Construction of the water park section has gone vertical.

HVXian.JPG

HVXian2.jpg

HVXIan3.jpg

As with other OCT parks like the recently finished Happy Valley Nanjing and under construction Fantasy Valley Xiangyang the water park will go up first with the Theme park section following. In this satellite image from November the Water Park can be seen to the South of the metro line here while the theme park will be to the North.

HVXian4.JPG

Its been pretty much confirmed that when the Happy Valley section eventually opens it will feature a GCI woodie but other coasters are still unknown.

The city of Xi'an seems to have recently finished the metro extension to the park as well, providing a handy metro station at the parks entrance plaza. Always helpful for those of us who enjoy a jaunt around China.

Interestingly if you travel just 4 stops down the metro line you will find the stop for the also Under Construction Silk Road theme park which is expected to feature the first Golden Horse Flying Coaster and weirdly an Intamin Zac Spin. (I'll start a construction topic for that soon)

HVXian5.JPG

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
Small bit of news but progress is well underway at the amusement park section. The seemingly Chinese law required enormous Ferris Wheel (which is outside the 2 parks and a seperate ticket attraction) is now complete. Which comes complete with a rather cool lighting package.

5h10mwbibbqokd9u56bdsef4x.gif6o9n67f2h6lf6jh4ljgylvrht.gif

The images don't really do its justice but there's some pretty awesome videos around of it in full swing.

However in more relevant news (this isnt Ferris Wheel force after all) the first footers for a coaster are going in.

Screenshot_20211011_101118_com.google.earth_edit_10559890820263.jpg
It appears to be a mine train coaster but the layout doesn't appear to be the usual layout so we could see something a bit different although probably still classically Chinese minetrainy

Lori Marie Loud

Giga Poster
Interestingly if you travel just 4 stops down the metro line you will find the stop for the also Under Construction Silk Road theme park which is expected to feature the first Golden Horse Flying Coaster and weirdly an Intamin Zac Spin. (I'll start a construction topic for that soon)
Where's that topic?

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
Looks to be of the XGC-16B model line, now that I check RCDB has already verified this.
Correct. Sorry that's what I meant when I said GH confirmed it.

It's interesting that so far this park doesn't have any confirmed western coasters. Rare for a HV park.

We know GCI have some unannounced projects in China so this is my best bet for one but that's only a guess I could be putting 2 and 2 together and getting 5.

Will be interesting to see what pops up in the next few weeks as I can't see them getting something. Not with Lewa World and Silk Road in the same city.

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
Sorry for a double post but following the last one I looked into the park and dug up a bit more.
Screenshot_20211208_165525_com.android.chrome_edit_407967956635143.jpgnow if I was a betting man to me it sounds like the park may well be getting GCI's first ever Titan Track coaster. OCT have stuck with GCI for all their wood coasters in the past and I know GCI have sold a Titan Track somewhere so maybe 2+2 does = 4

On top of that the launched coaster mentioned could be from anyone but OCT have 4 S&S launched coasters so they aren't a bad bet here either.

To top it off here's some more pictures of the GH invert and general park construction below

received_1054309888470063.jpeg3n40in7i5urj0k3chky4qb4nh-01.jpegcj9qi09i05bx6c1a6j8zk7ng-01.jpegkpqbiy5abc6x4wx2juosqs29-01.jpeg