What's new

Happy Valley Wuhan | OCT Thrust SSC1000 |S&S Launch

Intricks

Strata Poster
Re: Happy Valley Wuhan | OCT Thrust SSC1000 |S&S Launch

So Happy Valley is the Chinese Six Flags?

Also, epic name is unnecasarraly long

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

_koppen

Hyper Poster
Apparently it's not easy to get a coaster of this size approved by the new laws that are in China for amusement rides. A lot of modifications has been done to it.

Now it seems that it might actually be something wrong with the ride system itself, as S&S said the ride would open in June, at IAAPA.

Tomatron

Giga Poster
Someone at Happy Valley hasn't heard of the joke that was Ringracer at the Nurburgring. Hopefully this one will work!

Jake

Strata Poster
These things are actually pretty awesome.

I'm glad they decided to clone the Shenzhen one... The layout looked a bit better than the Beijing one. Shame it was spiting </3.

Hopefully they've sorted out the track issues. The Beijing one was BRUTAL in places for such a new ride, and the Shenzhen one still hasn't bothered opening.

S&S shouldn't be allowed near coasters, let's face it.

bmac

Giga Poster
andrus said:
^Actually Bullet Coaster at Happy Valley Shenzhen recently opened: http://www.rcdb.com/9442.htm

How brutal was Extreme Rusher? Do you have any comparison to a european coaster?

Apparently they had to redo sections of the ride because of how bad they were, not sure if it's true or not.

_koppen

Hyper Poster
bmac said:
Apparently they had to redo sections of the ride because of how bad they were, not sure if it's true or not.

Wrong, they had to redo sections on it because the Chinese government would not allow it to operate.
China has a brad new department for Theme park rules, and some of it rules are very strange.
It is still good that the country has priority on theme park safety, even if some of the rules are a bit ridiculous.

The ride itself is open, and it looks really awesome! Can't wait to try it within the next year or so.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oSf6qKE-hYM[/youtube]

bmac

Giga Poster
Very strange spot for a PoV, but it looks cool nonetheless! Loving the water dive and that helix at the end, looks like a fun coaster.

_koppen

Hyper Poster
Can't remember where i read it, but they claimed that the inspectors would not let them open it because they wanted some of the connections between the spine and the track to be stronger.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
I'm confused. We're talking about a Happy Valley park, right?

Why then are we linking it with random Chinese knock-off coasters from a completely different park and discussing intellectual property rights when, apart from a few Golden Horse spinners, they use European/American manufacturers for their major rides?

_koppen

Hyper Poster
UC said:
So...you've no real clue, and your taking the word of a theme park group well known for their lack of attention to intellectual property...?

Well, there is also this picture of them remaking it, so yes, I take there word for it
9bk72g00poaobbv8g4c7o9.jpg

Jake

Strata Poster
^ Well, when we were there, it looked as though they were focusing on three or four small, seperate sections of track. This was months after it was due to open (and the one in Beijing already had) by the way.

Then, when we did the one in Beijing it led us to think that it probably was a few dodgy areas of track, as a few parts of that were especially rough and jolty. Like, the turn into the brakes nearly broke my back.

I can't give you any evidence, and to be honest, I don't really care if you're not satisfied by what anyone is saying. I doubt they care, either.

Either way, there must have been SOMETHING wrong with it for it to open a year late, whereas a similar ride in the same country opened in time, and because they seemed to be doing extra work on a few sections of track, it's the only plausible explanation.

rollermonkey

Strata Poster
When I was at the other Happy Valley with Duane and Lisa, they were raising entire sections of track by a couple centimeters. (All low points) The explanation Duane got from the S&S guy on site was that the G-forces were too high and needed minor adjustments to the track to overcome.

Totally weird, but looks exactly like what's happening here.

Ben

CF Legend
UC has a point, they were clearly changing those bits of track for something to do whilst someone fixed the launch system. And the tests they were doing all year with a working launch system whilst changing entire sections of track were just to throw us off the scent.

Omdz.

That doesn't mean it had to be ordered by some secret Government agent though.