What's new

Hansa Park vs Heide Park

Izzytravels

Roller Poster
We have the opportunity to be in Hamburg for 2 days and time to go to one park. We can be flexible but although it looks much easier to get to Hansa Park it seems like Heide Park will have better coasters? Any ideas? It looks unreasonably awkward to get to Heide other than by bus (we won’t have a car). Hansa looks much easier. It will be early September 2024 and will be our first time in Germany (on a cruise w/ an overnight in Hamburg, so plenty of time on day 1). Curious if Heide is worth the effort or if Hansa is fun enough for being easier to reach.

JoshC.

Strata Poster
I'm likely in the minority who will say this, but I preferred Heide as an overall park to Hansa. But equally, whilst Heide has the more varies coaster line up, the overall quality of coasters at Hansa is probably better.

If you have a straight choice between one or the other, Hansa is possibly the better bet anyway in my opinion, for the incredibly unique (and wonderful!) Kärnan.

Also, I'm not sure where exactly you'll be based, but I found both parks easy to get to by train from Hamburg.
It's also worth keeping in mind that the parks might not be open daily in September, so depending on when exactly you're visiting, that might force your hand!

Izzytravels

Roller Poster
Great thoughts! It’ll be Sep 3 and 4th so I’ll have to see what’s open then (and how the weather is). It does sound like the theming at Hansa is overall better, and we love themed rides. Eventually we will go back and do a land trip with Europa and Phantasialand (promised as my sons grad trip in 2026!) but for now figured we could do our first German park, because, why not! So it doesn’t totally matter which one. just a fun experience and ride a few fun coasters. We normally do Florida parks and we just did Cedar Point so I know it will be a much smaller lineup than what we are used to (which is fine).

Hutch

Strata Poster
I actually prefer Heide as well, mainly as I prefer their coasters (love Colossos... Karnan didn't quite do it for me on the coaster side of things but it's still an incredible experience). Theming wise Hansa is definitely better, but Heide still has lovely landscaping and architecture as well. It's just that some of the set pieces Hansa has are next-level.

Honestly if it comes down to logistics might as well just go with Hansa. Overall it's definitely more of a unique park (Heide has a familiar "theme park resort" atmosphere, if that makes sense). Sounds like it may be more your cup of tea anyway.

DelPiero

Strata Poster
I think you'll be happy with whichever one you plump for, they both tick the boxes for good rides and atmosphere, but personally I found Hansa to be the much better of the two parks.

HandsUpPantsDown

Roller Poster
Hansa!
In my opinion Heide only really has 2 good coasters in Colossos and Dämonen, the rest of the lineup is nothing to note. Whilst Hansa's top 3 are all very good, and pretty unique, Nessie is underrated.