What's new

Halo vs Crysis Heros

Who is the most Heroic, Halo's Master Chief, or Crysis' Nomad ?

• The good ol' Master Chief

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No way Nomad is the best by far !

• Stuff these two clows I'd take superman any day !?

• None and this is the saddest topic i have ever read, especially the bit about Cortana, (the blue gir

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

OfficialAltonTowers

Roller Poster
Now this is a totaly random topic, that occured to me out of nowhere, so excuse its randomness.... :shock:

The general question is which character would you choose to be if you could, which is the most awe inspiring hero of the two, and who would win in a fight, this is not a general game post, so game preferences aside, who is best and why?

Personally i found it hard to choose, as I have followed both characters from day one, and both a freakin' cool, but for me the chief just has it, he seems more suave and collected, and not to mention the sexy girl he has in his head talking to him :twisted:, i would defonately take the chiefs job over Nomads...

What do you think and why? Great to hear from you guys and gals

kimahri

CF Legend
Can we have a 5th option for other games.

I would like to take my Japanese Loli's from Touhou, DeathSmiles, Mushihime and my other bullet hells and stuff to a room that isn't monitored by the police so we can do naighty things like call room service

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
Crysis 2 will be released in a few weeks, so I'll wait until then...

Ben

CF Legend
I've not played Crysis, but, are they more than just faceless, nameless, voiceless BORES like Master Chief?

Silent protaginists are such burdens, ugh.

Ben

CF Legend
Ugh, no! He's one of the reasons I just can't get into Half-Life 2! I know the idea is that you like, project onto them, but, no, he's just DULL. No personality, where's the story. The only two I've liked are Bioshock and Dead Space just cause there's not really anyone to talk to ANYWAY. But, like, when there's other people there all the time WHY be silent...?

kimahri

CF Legend
Gordon's story is all back story. Stuff about him is told through the other characters and in the environment as well as the stuff you project.

Also I find Isaac to be better when he isn't taking. He screams are more... natural in DS1. Bioshock's... guy is kinda meh.

Master chief isn't voiceless though. He is boring but he isn't voiceless.

Ben

CF Legend
^Master Chief speaks like, ONCE, and is by all stretch of the imagination, silent.

The guy in Bioshock (Jack?) is a STUPIDLY weak character, so much so that he is not even a character at all... For me, it's a massive weakness in an otherwise amazingly written game.

Issac works cause... well, why WOULD he be talking...? Not played 2 yet, I aint paying like, fourty, for 10 hours of single player >.<

kimahri

CF Legend
^^ He talks a fair bit more than your standard FPS gun man but this more a bad thing cause is voice is punch worthy.

OfficialAltonTowers

Roller Poster
erm i think that i shouldve made this topic a little wider ranged :oops:, it was mainly cause' of the suits that the two are comparrible, however being a massive geek and owning and playing over 6000+ games in my lifetime, i should've thought of the true greats of the gaming world; Gordon Freeman, Issac (DS + DS2), Bioshock Dude (1), Big daddy (BS2), the dude out of Uncharted, Lara Croft (TR), any of the Noble squad or ODST Squad (H:U), Batman (B:EfAA),

cant think of any more at the moment, however i will update my list if/when i do, of this list there is no competition, and i think that most hardcore gamers would agree with me, that Gordon Freeman is by far the best, and the greatest only to be overtaken by the G-Man (HL Fans), and woulld kick any super suits arse out to kingdom kome, and hes ginger :lol: :lol: :lol:

OAT

kimahri

CF Legend
OfficialAltonTowers said:
, however being a massive geek and owning and playing over 6000+ games in my lifetime, i should've thought of the true greats of the gaming world; Gordon Freeman, Issac (DS + DS2), Bioshock Dude (1), Big daddy (BS2), the dude out of Uncharted, Lara Croft (TR), any of the Noble squad or ODST Squad (H:U), Batman (B:EfAA),

Uh huh.

I'f you've played over 6000 games then you'd have played a whole bunch more games with vastly more characterisation then those lot...

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
however being a massive geek and owning and playing over 6000+ games in my lifetime,

If you played just one game a day since you were three years old (I think that's an early enough starting point) then you'd have been able to play over 6,000 games. If you ever spent more than a day on a game, or took a day or two off, you'd have to then double up on games some days to try and do it.

At such a rapid rate of getting through games, I just can't see what enjoyment you could be getting from them?

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
however being a massive geek and owning and playing over 6000+ games in my lifetime
Please, list these 6000 games. ;)