• Nay

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dunno yet!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Slash

Giga Poster
Sell it to those who don't have it? You'd think that'd be their solution :p

And how they can make that big an error is beyond anyone.

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
I think they thought we'd all need two shots or something. I know at least some people does. Still... I guess in the end, some of it will be sent somewhere where they actually need it.

Also, we have some pretty crazy anti-vaccination groups over here who claim that the government wants to vaccinate us all, in order to inject microships into our bodies so the CIA can track us by GPS. Their claims have been solidly shot down by the Institute of People's Health. Whereas most countries are troubled by the "Mercury will KILL YOU!!!1!"-claims, someone here are actually working to spread the facts about the actual side effects. Basically, the people have no reasons not to take the vaccines, so I guess a good portion of the population will be vaccineated soon.

And either way, I'd pity the man at CIA who has to sit staring at a screen saying that I stay on the same spot most of my time. Though, I guess that would generate jobs...

thx

Mega Poster
^I think it's the same as here, they've reserved another shot for at least very young children, incase the 'wave' wouldn't stop soon.

It did take a long time (almost 2 weeks) for me to decide, whether I should take it or not. I got the shot a week ago, as every student in Sweden is in the so called "risk group 2" (out of 5) and (like rest of the population) get it for free.
My arm hurt a bit for about 3 days, and the first day I was more tired and felt dizzy, but after that it's been fine.
I'm still not sure if it was a good or not that I took it, as usually my immune system is good... at least I won't infect anyone though. Also the vaccin we have here is not of the same composition as the Canadian one, which has caused severe allergic reactions to some.

Pokey, I know what you mean, but at the beginning of the whole swine flu thing, they were saying that the elderly may be less succeptible to the illness because they were exposed to another type of outbreak many years ago. So, if we get swine and there's another outbreak thirty years from now, it makes there be less chance that we can get it, apparantly.

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
^Same goes for if you get the vaccine. The immunity is the same, you get it the same way, but the amount of trouble it takes to get it is different.

CMonster

Giga Poster
I'm not going to get it.

My little sister, who would be the most likely to be hurt from it (she's four), got it, and it was just a 24 hour fever and some coughing. Not exactly enough for a shot that may have side effects...

marc

CF Legend
^Which is why I did not post at all on Sunday afternoon or Monday :)

By Tuesday I was finally able to get out of bed for more than 10 mins.

Trust me I know what a cold is and what the flu is, and that was 100% flu. It was not like a really bad case of it, but enough to put me in bed for 2 days.

c&r

Mega Poster
I cba to read what everyone else said (sorry guys :p) but something a lot of you seem to be missing (including Taylor, mrs "don't patronise me, everyone understands what a vaccine does") is that a vaccine isn't just for you. It's not your choice. You're not the only person the vaccine affects; the less vaccinated there are in the nation, the faster the disease will spread between the unvaccinated as well. By stubbornly refusing to get a vaccine for whatever bull**** reasons you gave (your posts weren't concise enough for me to care enough to read), you're pretty much accelerating the spread of one of the most infectious flu strains since the Spanish.

Oh and to everyone saying it doesn't kill anyone and it's not harmful, yes it does, and yes it is. Proven by numerous emerging statistics.

EDIT: just read some more of Taylor's post (which was hilarious btw :) ) so thought I'd add in an edit.

How do you think drug development works Taylor? Do you think they just make drugs, don't test them, whack them on the market and hope people don't die? Will it be safe enough for you after 5 years? Or would extensive clinical double blind trials to confirm effectiveness and safety be enough? Oh wait...

How do you think drug development works Taylor? Do you think they just make drugs, don't test them, whack them on the market and hope people don't die? Will it be safe enough for you after 5 years? Or would extensive clinical double blind trials to confirm effectiveness and safety be enough? Oh wait...

Obviously they test them, but then you could say that about any product. How about, for example, HydroxyCut. A fantastic weight loss product, probably tested before being put on the market, but then later found to be dangerous and even fatal. So even though something is considered safe for now (I remember they thought asbestos was safe back in the day and now it's one of the more dangerous materials), doesn't mean something won't be found in it that is dangerous, five years from now.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
This is why I have moved into a bubble with no contact with the human world ever again. Sterility is the future! Erm... Not a good slogan...