What's new

Gumbuya World | Unknown | Maurer Skyloop (Relocated Dreamworld BuzzSaw) | 2022

Will

Strata Poster
On a serious note though, I'm intrigued that the price is in Euros and it's being sold on 'Used Rides Europe' despite being based in Queensland.

Seems odd to market that way when I'd guess it's more likely to end up in Asia or South America.

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
I'll believe it when I see it.
So suspicious. Next you're telling me that you don't believe his profile that says he works at Intamin's design team?

On a serious note though, I'm intrigued that the price is in Euros and it's being sold on 'Used Rides Europe' despite being based in Queensland.

Seems odd to market that way when I'd guess it's more likely to end up in Asia or South America.
The park might have sold it to a middle man who acts as a broker.

Lori Marie Loud

Giga Poster
And it's curtains for BuzzSaw. Frustratingly, could not find any news sources, just ones about the announcement, but since it closed 9 days ago, let's speculate on where it could be going if relocated and, most importantly, what could replace it.

Wazzupnerds

Mega Poster
And it's curtains for BuzzSaw. Frustratingly, could not find any news sources, just ones about the announcement, but since it closed 9 days ago, let's speculate on where it could be going if relocated and, most importantly, what could replace it.
I'm on the Alabama Adventure train

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
FOR F*CK SAKE! STOP THE BULLYING TOWARDS ME!
I think literally everyone who has made a post so far on this page of the thread has been in your situation at some point. We've all said stupid stuff and had to endure constant reminders of it for a while. That's the way it generally goes when stupid things are said, but everyone will get over it in time. Yes, it's embarrassing, but it's temporary, and it's a growth experience too in a way. Something to learn from.

All that being said, lashing out generally won't help. It's not the way to convince anyone you're working for Intamin, owning a private amusement park, or designing a ride for Thorpe. Experience with the industry tells us that people with that level of professional involvement generally don't go to forums to talk about it. Rather the opposite, actually. Off the top of my head I know at least three CF-ers who went on to work in manager positions in the amusement industry, and they don't tend to post about it (or about anything at all on the forums, really). Going public with unreleased information is a quick and easy way to get fired, and publicly displaying strong opinions for or against involved companies will get you into all sorts of messy situations with potential customers. So the pros generally stay silent about their profession.

Anyway, CrashCoaster summed it up best. We have nothing against you. But if you come here telling funny tales, you will get funny responses. That's just how it goes. It's not bullying.

Will

Strata Poster
Ah, that park is on my hit-list in the event I ever find myself down under again, so I'm not displeased by this news :)

spicy

Giga Poster
Yeaaaaahhhhh booooooi

View attachment 14039
1646146941741.png

Looks like a mini Arrow fish hook coaster.

Glad a park in Melbourne have bought it and it's staying in Oz.