What's new

Guilty Pleasure Coasters

Edward M

Strata Poster
These are rides that you know are bad or inferior to others but you love them. So what are your Guilty Pleasure Coasters?

For me, Disaster Transport is one. I just had so much fun on that I could ride it all day. I just love it. I also love Mystery Mine. Sure, it may not have the best layout, but it's a top 25 for me. It is just so much fun to ride plus that theming <3.

Youngster Joey

Strata Poster
First and Foremost is the Bobsleds at seabreeze.

After the trip to Texas, La Vibora is just as much of a guilty pleasure

Oh and of course Space Mountain at Magic Kingdom <3

Hutch

Strata Poster
^^Despite the fact that I only rode it once, I found Disaster Transport quite fun as well. I think the fact that it was indoors made it even better. (Although I'm not sad to see it go tbh)

I seem to be one of the few here who loves Verbolten (though I don't think people hate it). The theming is outstanding, the trains look great, the layout is really unique, I couldn't stop riding it (I think I rode it a total of 13 times over the course of two days).

Smithy

Strata Poster
Thirteen. Gets so much slate, mainly for the marketing and hype it recieved prior to opening. But it's a brilliant filler ride.

tomahawk

Strata Poster
Re: RE: Guilty Pleasure Coasters

Mine trains, basically all of them are enjoyable, especially Gold Rusher at SFMM and the one at SFoT.

owentaylor121

Giga Poster
El diablo at Portaventua! An amazing ride at night and the first drop out of the station on back row is fantastic! Plus it's landscaping is stunning! It's also a really really fun ride to!

CPSFMMCW

Mega Poster
Any flying coaster. Vekoma Flying Dutchman or the B&M model. I think flyers are so underrated, and I love them so much! I could ride them all day.

Smithy

Strata Poster
owenrita121 said:
El diablo at Portaventua! An amazing ride at night and the first drop out of the station on back row is fantastic! Plus it's landscaping is stunning! It's also a really really fun ride to!

mcenroe-you-cannot-be-serious-o.gif

Seriously, it goes over the log flume quite well but other than that it just travels over some stone pathways and then you spend 90% of your ride going on pointless trackwork between lift hills that take a millenium to climb and then launch you into practically nothing of note.

Genuinely one of the worst coasters I've ever been on and I include powered coasters in that.

ThomVD

Giga Poster
Temple of the Night Hawk in Phantasialand. I love how long it is, it has some decent forces at some places, and I just had fun in it.

Bobbaan in Efteling. Another really enjoyable ride which picks up a decent speed.

Pegasus in Europa Park. Man, I enjoyed this one. I even re-rode it. It had some actual airtime and it was just so fun in the back seat.

Xpress in Walibi. It used to be in my top 5, before I started to go to parks outside of the Netherlands. Basically only because of the launch. I had never experienced one before so it was impressive to me.

Also, I know it isn't considered bad at all, but Colorado Adventure was one of my most fun coaster experiences anywhere. It's basically tied with Goliath in my top 10.

And lastly, another really unpopular opinion, Silver star > Goliath by far.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Skyways at Clarence Pier. It's crap, uneventful but for some reason I love it!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oCy5YbVCpRU[/youtube]

I'm also really enjoy large Tivoli family coasters, like Treetops Coaster at Oakwood and Snake In the Ass at Pleasurewood Hills. I like the first drop, the way it makes me slide to one side and the high level of vibrating bottomness.

I'm also going to throw in the Zyklon loopers as well. I enjoy the way it races around the circuit for a while before it does the tight little loop. Yeah, they're rough and painful to reride but I think they're fab for a one-off ride.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SvLq5rG9noM[/youtube]

FaceYourNemesis

Hyper Poster
Rita - I actually find Rita to be more enjoyable and thrilling than Oblivion. I get such a buzz from launch coasters <3

Furious Baco - I hated this on my first visit, but it has grown on me. It's one of those coasters you dislike, and yet feel a strange compulsion to [strike]ride[/strike] endure.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Smithy said:
Thirteen. Gets so much slate, mainly for the marketing and hype it recieved prior to opening. But it's a brilliant filler ride.
I'm in agreement about Thirteen. Awfully promoted ride, but it's smooth, twisty, different, fun and always a good ride to go on with friends.

oriolat2

Giga Poster
As for wooden coasters, Big Dipper at Blackpool Pleasure Beach. Everyone said it was so bad and uncomfortable, yet when I rode it with Ben (ages ago) it was fast, it had plenty of airtime and overall it was a solid family wooden coaster. We ended up riding it quite a few times!

As for steel coasters, Space Mountain at WDW. I was expecting it to be a lot worse than Paris' version and was so shocked by how fast it felt and by all the sudden drops and quick turns. I guess simplicity sometimes works well.

Darren B

Giga Poster
The Big One, Pleasure Beach, Blackpool - It's got an uneventful layout, lacks any airtime, and it's getting extremely rough but I still love this coaster. The first drop is amazing and I always find myself laughing throughout the ride. I really can't decide where it sits in my rankings, everytime I re-ride it it ends up back in my top 10 and usually top 5.

Shockwave, Drayton Manor Park - It's the only standup I've ever been on but I love the standing position, and although it's a really short layout it packs 4 great inversions into it.

Rattenmuhle, Familypark, Austria - It's only a Gerstlauer bobsled but this little coaster is fantastic! It's got more airtime than you can shake a stick at, it's beautifully themed and has an amazing layout. It's in my top 10 and it's staying there.

Nickelodeon Streak, Pleasure Beach, Blackpool - It looks hideous! But it's a fab little family woodie, it's smooth, it's got airtime and I could re-ride it all day long.

Reverchon Spinning Mouse - I gave a real soft spot for these coasters, with a car full of CFers they're great fun!