What's new

Great/Poor layouts

dominoes

Mega Poster
Out of the ones I have been on:
Great= Nemesis, Rita, Saw, Tonner de Zeus, Menhir Express
Poor= Colossus, Gouderix, Shockwave (so much potential, but so short)

CoasterCrazy

Giga Poster
I was extremely disappointed with th13teen, the world's first element and the backwards section in the dark is fun-filled and fairly thrilling but the rest is rubbish. The drop is OK but after that it's a few hills with no airtime and some curves. I know it's a family ride but it could have been much longer and perhaps slightly larger.

It would be great if they actually used all the the space they'd been given and perhaps put an inversion in somewhere nobody could see...

And the colour of the track...black, black and black. How dull and boring, what about black and green perhaps?

nadroJ

CF Legend
spicy said:
The worst layout I have seen in a long time is the new spinner at Rainbow Magicland. Just what on earth were they thinking?

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nmxiPpsrNeg[/youtube]

If anyone that has ridden it enlighten me on what it does in that building as I am assuming something must happen to make up for the poor layout?

You'd think that wouldn't you? But sadly, it's literally a cred in a shed with some disco lights. And it stinks of paint. The first drop was ok but the rest of the ride was such a let down, I really hope they have some intention of adding some theming at a later date, it's such a interesting theme to work with so it could really be great, but for now it sucks balls. The lift hill at the end can particularly go and die.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Looks dire. :(

Surely they must be planning on adding more theming?

nadroJ

CF Legend
^I think I actually prefer Dizz! They're both **** but at least Dizz managed to spin a little bit, Cagliostro doesn't even try, it just meanders aimlessly around the track, progressively losing speed and having to resort to a lift-hill to get back to the station.

Both are poo though </3

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
^What annoys me about the one at Magic Land even more now that I've seen the video is that there's actually space for it to be a much better coaster. It looks amazing on the outside, and I'm hoping that they do sort out some theming and effects for the inside, but it's still such a wasted opportunity for just the coaster looking at the space they actually had to work with.

Just piss poor all round, and yeah, I preferred Dizz as well - and that's **** ing terrible.

marc

CF Legend
I was shocked just how bad the one at Magic Land was, even with theming its still such a bad layout. I cannot remember but did it have a lift hill at the end to get you back to that station? I had fallen asleep by that stage.

dj-fireball999

Mega Poster
Great: Nemesis and Dragon Khan. They both just don't let up and don't die towards the end, they stay exciting and action packed right up to the very last second.

Bad: Shockwave at Drayton Manor. The loop and Zero-G are great, but then it just seems like a question of getting back to the station. To be honest, it's just a figure of eight.

Kumali (or any other SLC Shenlin) It doesn't really do much. The layout is "okay" but just not that exciting. The first drop is good, but then it's just a series of inversions in a straight line (obviously apart from the cobra roll) before a helix and the station. To be honest I prefer the standard SLC layout, packs just as much in as Kumali (possibly even more since they have an extra inversion) plus the layout seems tighter, more intense and is also done in a smaller amount of space. It's just a shame that the standard layouts are rougher, and too common.

ava1enzue1a

Mega Poster
Finally getting to this...

Diamondback has a pretty appealing layout :D

render_Aerial_1.jpg