What's new

Goudurix - new colours

Brookes

Giga Poster
So Goudurix has been re-painted:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZ6VT682msU&feature=channel_page[/youtube]
I just noticed after this video came up on my subscriptions page, but then thought what could it mean for the park. As they have re-painted what is, or how they advertise it, their signature attraction, to make people come back to look as if it is a new ride. This could mean they are not going to build a new coaster for a while which is needed in my opinion, with only 6 coasters, and their expensive entrance fee, I feel they need something new as their last major coaster addition was Trace du Hourra in 2001. What do you think?

Emmett

Giga Poster
^^It really needed the paint job though. When I last went the whole track was just a rusty colour. It was probably on the cards anyway and probably nothing to do with them holding back on any new coasters.

A-Kid

Giga Poster
God those transitions on that track are horrific.

Does look better with the new colours though.

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
You guys have to stop being a bunch of small girls. The ride wasn't bad at all.

I posted the new colors in my trip report there in April. I think this paint job is brighter, but the supports don't look the best.

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
^Maybe you should go there yourself and ride it. If you know how to ride an Arrow looper, like me, it's great fun.

Snoo

The Legend
You shouldn't have to know 'how to ride' a coaster for it to be good. It should be good in the first place.

Brookes

Giga Poster
When I first rode it, in the front, it was enjoyable I thought. But then I had a second go further back in the train, and it was pretty rough. I preferred the old colour scheme to be honest.

Screaming Coasters

Strata Poster
rollerdude said:
^Maybe you should go there yourself and ride it. If you know how to ride an Arrow looper, like me, it's great fun.

*puts hand up*

Missss, it's a Vekoma. Unless you were comparing it to an Arrow? :)

Ben

CF Legend
rollerdude said:

No, it sucks.

AND I've ridden it.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
SnooSnoo said:
You shouldn't have to know 'how to ride' a coaster for it to be good. It should be good in the first place.

*cough*everythnigI'veeverreadaboutMaverickmustbealiethen*cough*

rollermonkey

Strata Poster
I rode Gouderix. I know how to ride a coaster defensively. It still kicked my ass. Well, OK technically it punched me in the jaw, but it's still a rough piece of feces. Ninja at SFOG is far less painful. They simply screwed up the transitions in the 'butterfly'.

Emmett

Giga Poster
Try riding it while trying to hold onto a bag which they won't let you leave in the station and also trying to brace yourself for the ride. My back took a real pounding on it. I didn't like it at all.

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
It could be my size, since I'm short(5'6") compared to a lot of people. I only hit my head in the butterfly, but one hit into the restraints isn't going to make me cry and post all over the place "l3ik z0mg tihs ryd3 iz the suXXXorz!"

CMonster

Giga Poster
^ Who talks like that anymore? :p

Anyways, the ride actually looks fun, but that opinion is based off a youtube vid, so it probably hurts something awful

Snoo

The Legend
wolverinechris said:
SnooSnoo said:

And that's what I've been saying about Maverick all along...

Maverick is good no matter how I sit. It was great on my very first ride. :)