What's new

GordonRides LLC (Anybody notice this before?)

GordonRides LLC

Roller Poster
I don't really think that's the gist of it, no.

In response to the comments about the concept drawings - certain product ideas and intellectual property are only fully developed when it is advantageous to do so. We haven't really had a need to further develop the Warring Coaster as of yet. The idea is patented and available for development, but it would not be a profitable venture at this point in time. That's why we leave it as a drawing under the concepts page - the criticism is valid though, and perhaps we'll take it down when we next update the website.

GordonRides attends IAAPA every year, and we'll be in Orlando this coming November. We're also hoping to make a big announcement next month - if that happens as planned, our presence at IAAPA will be much larger than it has been in the past. So things will be quiet as they have been for the past few months, but make sure to take a look at the site in June for the announcement, some photos, and some long-awaited information about what we have been up to.

Thanks,
Jonathan Gordon
GordonRides, LLC

Pablo237

Roller Poster
Wow Jonathan Gordon himself replied. That is quite surprising. Looking forward to seeing your future developments and upcoming announcements.

s15c

Mega Poster
Lol wut? Did we just get a reply from the supposed Jonathan Gordon? Like... :O

I think Pablo is a plant. Or Pablo is Gordon. At least some sort of conspiracy is going on here. Who knows, maybe we're all being used (which would be pretty cool) to figure out what ideas work.

GordonRides LLC

Roller Poster
Hello again everyone,

On June 18, GordonRides launched our first full production ride called MegaWhirl - the website was just updated with a new page, some pictures, and a video of the ride in action. Take a look at the products page on the GordonRides website for more info.

The ride video shown on the website is available at YouTube and Vimeo as well via the search "MegaWhirl".

Enjoy,
Jonathan Gordon
GordonRides, LLC

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
I've made you a full member, Jonathan, so you can post links in future :)

In the mean time, here's the video:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oaRF4jZE4Qs[/youtube]

I'm expecting a lot of "that looks dull" type of comments, and it does to be honest, but it also appeals to me. I'm a big fan of classic fair-ground rides, especially "Whip" rides. I like the elegance of the design and the classic look of it. It's got FAMILY written all over it in big letters, but it's nice to see an interesting new design come into production.

What's the deal with Larson? Do you come up with the concepts and designs and they use their manufacturing facilities to produce the ride or something?

GordonRides LLC

Roller Poster
Thanks for the full member status.

MegaWhirl is definitely a family ride, and we were running it at a "medium speed" setting during the debut. The ride can move faster, but it's up to the parks what speed they would like it to run, which will determine how far it treads into thrill territory. I would imagine that the experience will vary park to park.

Larson and GordonRides worked together to produce the MegaWhirl from the original GordonRides design, as you suggested. Larson manufactured the prototype unit and will build subsequent units on order.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
No problems on the member thing, it's purely a mechanism to reduce spam-bots. As you're well proven to be human, it's not an issue.

I'd actually love to ride one running at full pelt, I'll bet it's really good fun. Good luck with it, I hope parks see it as a novel new approach to a classic ride, I do love the graceful movement it produces :)

mouse

Giga Poster
This looks like good fun!
Is this like the mega whip but just with the cars on the chain thing?

Jer

Strata Poster
I bet at full speed that would be a blast. I also love the classic whip rides, then this looks like a classic whip ride on steroids, looks fun :)

Thekingin64

Strata Poster
Looking good and very fun. Probably will get a bit boring on slow setting but faster, this will be very fun.

Xpress

Strata Poster
Interesting ride. Agreed, there's tons of potential for a ride like that, regarding theming.

Treeis

Mega Poster
Perhaps the floor of the mega whip could be not flat, but instead have a slight incline or hill in the middle. Then the cars could bank or lean a little and it could increase spinning.

Just a thought though...