What's new

GordonRides LLC (Anybody notice this before?)

Pablo237

Roller Poster
They look like a new amusement ride company on the rise. I haven't noticed this before. Has anybody else seen this site before?

http://www.gordonrides.com/index.html

GordonRides LLC said:
GordonRides LLC offers new and innovative
amusement rides and attractions for customers that
demand the latest and greatest. Our rides are based
on proprietary designs that we develop in-house.
We work with the finest engineering and
manufacturing firms in the amusement industry
to ensure the creation of a product that is second
to none. The GordonRides mantra is "Imagination
and Innovation"—words we live by.

They have some cool and interesting concepts and for roller coasters too.

Their news site hasn't been updated since September 2010. But their twitter page has been updated 4 times today. Seems like an active company.

(Please don't hurt me) :cry:

alexr

Hyper Poster
What the
5censored.gif

A inverted wooden coaster!

Doesn't look like it will happen anytime soon, The Mega Whip concept looks interesting however I can't see it being popular.

jjjjustin

Hyper Poster
That inverted wooden roller coaster would make me
5censored.gif
my self multiple times! The whole ride would be like one long foot chopper! Also with the warring coaster, I remember a patent from that a while ago.

Pablo237

Roller Poster
Yeah, but the inverted roller coaster seems possible when you think about it. It is nothing over the top or out of this world to the point that we need alien technology for it. It seems possible that it might happen. It will be cool and interesting to see it happen.

oriolat2

Giga Poster
Well, the inverted wooden coaster would be possible if most of the structure was steel with some wooden beams to make it look like a wooden coaster.

BTW, their Mega Whip ride screams "Death" out loud but looks so amazing at the same time :p

Pablo237

Roller Poster
This is such a great find. A new company here to possibly bring new ideas into the amusement and theme park industry!! Very cool find indeed.

I agree oriolat2, a steel structure with some wood structure will insure that the inverted wooden coaster will deliver a safe and comfortable ride. An interesting but questionable concept it is. I am really interested in seeing how this companies new ideas and concepts turn out.

Well at least it is no where as crazy as this concept:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J5eDOtz1CRU[/youtube]

^Would you ride this??

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
I remember hearing about this company a couple years ago, especially with the mega whip and inverted wooden coaster.

The fact that they have this as an official concept rendering says something. :lol:

warring-coaster-1.jpg

I'll believe this company when I see it real life, which I haven't yet.

Pablo237

Roller Poster
^I know, I was surprised when I saw that "official" concept. Quite strange. :shock:

But then you see their other concepts and see that they have professional CAD models.
iwc-6.jpg

Dave

CF Legend
My question for an inverted woodie is, what's the point? There is no need to be honest....

Pablo237

Roller Poster
Dave said:
My question for an inverted woodie is, what's the point? There is no need to be honest....

They want people to experience the roughness feel of a wooden coaster along with the experience of a suspended coaster.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Pablo237 said:
^I know, I was surprised when I saw that "official" concept. Quite strange. :shock:

But then you see their other concepts and see that they have professional CAD models.
iwc-6.jpg
I would hardly call that professional... I've seen 2nd year CAD projects that are more complex than that. Hell, give me a few hours in SolidWorks I'm sure I could knock something up.

That childish sketch thing really threw me...

Pablo237

Roller Poster
^Haha Yes it is very childish.

I see the Wooden Suspended Coaster as professional. I would like to see how yours are better. I always like seeing Coaster Concepts.

bazpa

Hyper Poster
Pablo237 said:
Dave said:

They want people to experience the roughness feel of a wooden coaster along with the experience of a suspended coaster.

Or they could just build a Vekoma ;-)

Pablo237

Roller Poster
gordon_freeman_big.gif

He is thinking about it.

Anyways, this company hasn't built anything yet. We don't know when or who is going to invest into having one of these. We don't know if they will be as rough as Vekoma.

Lofty

CF Legend
To be totally honest, I doubt these going THAT far really. I've never seen pictures of them setting up a stall at IAAPA or EAS!

El Patricko

Roller Poster
Darn someone beat me to the vekoma joke :)

Those ideas look very poorly illustrated, if i were a theme park bigwig looking for a new ride i would not consider this company's aproach very proffesional. It seems almost like somebody with aspurges has taken thier obsession to a "frank avegnale" level.

Gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
So let me get this right ...

Some coaster geek called Gordon has a website with some computer graphics and we're discussing it as if it's an actual "company"?

Is that about the gist of it?