What's new

Gone 'whoring...

slappy mcguire

Mega Poster
I am about to do something I am ashamed of; I am considering going to South Shield's Ocean Beach tomorrow, just for the sake of improving my yearly park count. The park, for those who don't know is the last Seaside Funpark in the North East of England, and in two months of looking, I haven't yet found anything positive anyone has to say about the place...

So, in lieu of that (and please, if there is anything, please tell me!), I ask you this... which act of park or ride credit earning do you feel most ashamed of?

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
I'm actually just about to write a PTR which includes my worst example of whoring.

Basically, I was on a date and left the guy sitting in Starbucks while I "went to the toilet". Went to the toilet as in ran across the street to ride Family Banana Coaster, a tiny kiddy coaster.

10WaTT

Hyper Poster
The only time I felt a little embarresed or out of place was an extremely busy day at Legoland windsor full of tiny kiddies. Didn't know where to place my eyes half the time...

Inverse

Hyper Poster
6 very embarrassing laps of a Go-Gator in a fair that parked up in Reading once...

I am, however going to ride 20 new coasters over the next few weeks some of which could be very embarrassing. I'm starting in Hayling Island tomorrow, I'll keep you updated.

Snoo

The Legend
gavin said:
I'm actually just about to write a PTR which includes my worst example of whoring.

Basically, I was on a date and left the guy sitting in Starbucks while I "went to the toilet". Went to the toilet as in ran across the street to ride Family Banana Coaster, a tiny kiddy coaster.

That is epic.

My worst would Ravine Flyer 3.. had to wait a few trains on a dead day to earn the credit. Kids first of course!

bazpa

Hyper Poster
I've actually got a picture of my shame

Qjumpers.jpg

No not the ride itself - Zipper Dipper is quite good for a kids ride, but see those 2 queue jumpers behind me, I actually let the ride op make them get out of the front seat so that boy (Me) could take his rightfull place :-D Well they could just go round again but that was my only ride.
Yes that is Ian in the foreground showing his own shame on one of the big rides.

Then later the same day I got on the Fruit Shoot kids bouncy ride with a bunch of CFers. Five of them on one side and me with 4 little kids on the other side, with me in the middle. I felt like a pervert at the Teddy Bears Picnic.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
slappy mcguire said:
I am about to do something I am ashamed of; I am considering going to South Shield's Ocean Beach tomorrow, just for the sake of improving my yearly park count.

LOL, I went to the same park when I went to Newcastle recently. I had to convince my mate to drive me there and wait as I whored the two crappy coasters.

Error

Strata Poster
SnooSnoo said:
My worst would Ravine Flyer 3.. had to wait a few trains on a dead day to earn the credit. Kids first of course!

This was of course the day I went.

And rode it first, lol.

Emmett

Giga Poster
:lol: , my worst was probably when I did the Wacky Worm coaster at Loudoun Castle on my own last year. First of all I nearly couldn't fit into the seat, then I had every kid on the ride looking at me and also all the people surrounding the ride looking. Plus I had a camera in my hand which probably made me look like a pedo at the time. At least when you do a kiddie coaster with a few other people it doesn't look too bad.

I did South Shield's Ocean Beach last year too. It was okay but I just went in and out for the coasters and spent more time on the beach.

Ormerod

Hyper Poster
^ Tell me about it.

Funnily enough when I rode it, there was 4 of us just sat on it, and the chav ride op really didn't understand what was going on.
The most humiliating thing about riding a whacky worm is the guy actually checks your restraints. The coaster is about 5ft for God's sake.

Rach

Giga Poster
Has to be getting in the park to get on this coaster.

p13023.jpg

I'm not even going to go into detail about it, but all I'll say is me and Tom had to lie within an inch of our life to actually get it.

It has to be one of the hardest coasters to get on in the UK and one of the most embarrassing things I've done to get on a coaster.

We had to keep such a straight face in the park and as soon as we got out of the car park, we were in hysterics.

caffeine_demon

Strata Poster
Rach said:
Has to be getting in the park to get on this coaster.

I'm not even going to go into detail about it, but all I'll say is me and Tom had to lie within an inch of our life to actually get it.

oh - go on.....

ps - what is the coaster anyway?

rollermonkey

Strata Poster
gavin said:

Whilst in Japan last November visiting the In-laws up in Ibaraki, I took a 2+ hour train trip all the way to Yokohama for that same coaster.

OK, I went and checked out the pedal coaster at Kodomo-no-kuni the same day, but that actually translates to "Children's Park", so it's not like that makes it not credit whoring, just because I got 2 credits that day...
:wink:

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
The joys of having kids. You can whore to your heart's content without ever being embarrassed - you're doing it for them after all :)

Lucy

Hyper Poster
My worst was going on the Apple coaster at Flamingo Park in Hastings but they do have a great top scan as well which is the main reason I went :D