GoCompare Man: Love it or hate it?

• Love it

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Hate it

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

EnigmaHyena

Hyper Poster
Yes you'll thank your stars that you went to GO COMPAAAAAAAAARRRREEE!
I love all the versions <3

But I hate...no, really, really hate the Windows 7 adverts. NO! WINDOWS 7 WAS NOT YOUR IDEA!

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Nemesis Inferno said:
Simples...
Now that ****ing meerkat advert is more annoying!

I really don't like the TV adverts but I quite enjoy the radio adverts.

"Arctic Haaaaaaaaaaaare"
"Grizzly beaaaaaaaaaaaaar"
"I don't caaaaaaaaaaaaare"

They make me smile.

Ollie

CF Legend
Apparently the Go Compare man is from Carmarthen which is where I used to live in Wales.

Also this was kinda amusing that was shown during the comedy gala thing. If I had the chance to interfere with the go compare advert I'd be sure to make sure they never show it again. :p

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oIF55S6rfGI[/youtube]

Dave

CF Legend
The worst advert floating around is the Windows 7 30 second adverts...showing you what Mac's have done for years, haha.

ciallkennett

Strata Poster
Dave said:
The worst advert floating around is the Windows 7 30 second adverts...showing you what Mac's have done for years, haha.

^ That classifies as an Apple fan-boy ad in my opinion, and thus, classifies as the most annoying advert of all time ;)

I don't mind the advert, but there are so many of the same adverts on at the moment...Ads seem to be either for cashing in gold, comparing insurances or trading in your mobile for cash...

I miss the good ol' days of adverts :/

Dave

CF Legend
ciallkennett said:
Dave said:

^ That classifies as an Apple fan-boy ad in my opinion, and thus, classifies as the most annoying advert of all time ;)

But its not an Apple ad, as its well advertising Windows...

ciallkennett

Strata Poster
Well, remember the "I'm a Mac, I'm a PC" adverts. They were also advertising PCs in a way, but were pushing that Mac's were better ;)

Which was sort of like what you were doing :p

Which nicely brings us back to the topic at hand..."Go Compare" :p

jokerman

Giga Poster
I was gonna say exactly what Ian said. The TV ones are not great, but the radio ones make me laugh a bit.

Underweaaaaaaar!

A

Anonymous

Both the Go compare and the webuyanycar.com adds get muted as soon as they come on. I would like to give the compare guy a nice big donkey kick in the nuts. and then bitch slap the guy from the we buy add.

Rush

Giga Poster
I actually don't have a problem with the GoCompare and I actually really like the webuyanycar.com jingle. I agree with Ian that the Compare the Meerkat advert is far more annoying, they've just made it stupid now.

If there's an advert I REALLY can't stand it's the ones on E4 with that black guy singing (well whining) in a stupidly high pitched voice about stuff. It's either Nokia or T-Mobile, but because they sponsor the shows, you get it TWICE in every ad break. (Anyone know which ones I mean?)

EnigmaHyena

Hyper Poster
^
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yf1C335BBSk&feature=related[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gNPY-LpHdtI&NR=1[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GGtebGjY62g&NR=1[/youtube]

Jools

Giga Poster
I hate it, but the worse the advert the better it is for the company, who can forget it, or the bloody meerkat one, works doesn't it, whilst something really cool like the roller coaster one, it tends to slip peoples mind who's advert it is... If I remember correctly it's BarcleyCard. See, even if it was right, it was a guess, and even then if I did get it right, it's because that advert sticks out to me because I'm an enthusiast.

Ollie

CF Legend
That Barclays advert with the pile of cash singing on stage is starting to really annoy me now as well.