What's new

Go BIG! Results!

tomahawk

Strata Poster
Re: Go BIG! Voting Topic!

The results are in! Votes have been tallied, recounted, and checked again!

First off, thank you to everyone who entered. We had some great entries and it was truly one by fractions of a point! The voting was done by the three judges, Myself, Dapalm, and Jer. The three of us ranked each coaster on realism, creativity, smoothness, and overall for 20 points. The remaining five points were averaged from the contestant votes.

6. Witchdoctor: GuywithaStick 8.25 points

Among all the entries, this entry was the most creative, but creativity didn't mean successful. The forces were way out of line, the transitions were painful, and it felt very RCT3ish.

5. Uranium: TPV 12.5 points

While technically terrain was edited, it was a pretty piss poor effort in doing so. There were some forces that weren't in check, and it had some smoothness issues. No MCBR killed the blocking on this, causing some stacking issues.

4. The King: Colossus 14.5 points

The improvement from last round to this one is huge. The biggest issue with this coaster is pacing and lack of forces. The forces never got over 2 or 3, and no lateral g's to speak of. A little floater and a tighter layout would have helped. HUGE props for adding the background coaster and scenery, it definitely helped and your improvement is going to get you at the top of the list before too long!

3. Guardian: Tomahawk 20.5 points

To steal from Jer and Dapalm write ups, this had one of the best layouts and utilized a hyper layout with giga height, something unique. Me personally, this is my best coaster to date and I'm ecstatic that others thought it was so great.

2. Woodland Beast: Hixee 21.17 points

Missing top spot by just half a point, Woodland Beast was a fantastic creation and just fantastic. The layout was compact and unique, very well done, and the only one to hit 100 mph. Great job!

1. Hraesvelgr: Dapalm 21.42 points

The winner by the slimmest of margins! Clearly inspired by Fury, it featured the most traditional B&M Giga layout and was done extremely well. Great job.

I have attached the scoreboard below, the numbers in yellow were the averages to make the numbers work out. The next round will begin in a few days, so if you have any suggestions, thoughts, concerns, share them here, but congratulations everyone and great job!

Scoreboard

P.S. Tight spaces and low ceilings will taunt you in the next round.

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
Re: Go BIG! Voting Topic!

Oh dear. I'm scared for next round.

And congrats to Dapalm! Really good coaster. As was everyone else's. I can see what you meant by the hard transitions. I'm still kind of a noob at this game, but I still find enjoyment in it.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Wow! Fantastic. :D

Well done Dapalm, I was truly amazed by yours and frankly I'm quite surprised that mine was so close.

Great work Tom, I look forward to the next one.

Dapalm

Mega Poster
That was really close! Thanks for your votes guys, there was some great competence. Overall, technical level has been much higher this round, which is a great thing.

Tom, I would like to take a look at the other judge's ratings. Could you send me a pm?

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
^All the results are in the spreadsheet Tom has posted a screenshot. The orange, blue and red are the official judges' score (I think orange is Tom, blue is you and red is Jer), and then the white are each of the other members.

Dapalm

Mega Poster
Yeah, but judges make more extended ratings (or at least I did lol). Would like to see what they wrote about my coaster, as I'm going to make a public release and want to see what could I improved.

tomahawk

Strata Poster
I can request from her to get that for you and ill provide what I had once I get home. I'll include that information on next contest as well.

tomahawk

Strata Poster
Just to inform you guys, next competition will be announced soon! Keep an eye out in the next day or two!