What's new

Gigs 'n' Tours

Emmmerrrr

Mega Poster
Yay for Music Live! It was fun, and like twice as busy as last year. Pretty much all of the bands were good, but all the drunk men scared me when The Twang were on. :shock:

Also, when Tony Christie was on this woman started dancing with me, she was drunk. It was scary.

Slayed

Hyper Poster
Woo, just because I'm at Download, doesn't mean I can't post :p

I still think Dragonforce suck, even if he has got a good voice.

Fav so far is Porcupine Tree. But really waiting for MCR at 9 :D Bring it on!

Lain

Giga Poster
Dream Theater's UK dates announced!

Oct 11th Glasgow UK - Carling Academy

Oct 12th Manchester UK - Apollo

Oct 13th London UK - Wembley Arena

Nov 9th Wales UK - Newport Centre

Nov 10th Wolverhampton UK - Civic Hall

Nov 11th Blackburn King George’s Hall

Hurray!

Buy tickets here.

TjChapperz

Mega Poster
Going to o2 wireless festival this friday so seeing Faithless, just jack, mark ronson, Kelis, badly drawn boy and many more.

Will

Strata Poster
Just seen an advert for Trivium, DragonForce, Machine Head, Arch Enemy AND more on tour together in November... quite tempted, as long as I can manage to get to one of the decent venues at that time.

Lain

Giga Poster
^FYI, Will.

blkcrus.jpg

Though, myself, I think it looks a tad unbearable. I saw Dragonforce last year, and went off them pretty soon after, I'll be seeing Arch Enemy at Bloodstock, I've never heard any Machine Head stuff, and Trivium... well, yea...

If I were you, Will, I'd spend that money on a ticket to see DT in Manchester, they're under £30 you know... :wink:

Or go to Bloodstock, the UK's premier metal-fest.

www.bloodstock.uk.com

tks

Strata Poster
kir said:
Guess who's coming to London Astoria's G-A-Y?!

http://www.g-a-y.co.uk/eventdetail.asp?ID=617

I'm so going, fancy joining me Mark and Ed? :D

Daft Punk AND Kelis in one day.... OMG YES. I'm there! I might have an entourage of friends form Kingston as it's my birthday celebrations that evening! But OMG YES.

:D Haha stuff paying £40 to see her at Hyde Park.

Oh and incase anyone didn't already know...

l_2338ad3d1c7bc8a815f8e99e6a4a5a18.png

WOOOOOOOO. SATURDAY!!

peep

CF Legend
Bloodstock actually looks quite cool, I love Lacuna Coil and Epica. I don't know many of the other bands though so I don't think it will be worth it for two bands lol.

*halfway through typing post*
Just wacthed a video of KORPIKLAANI. OMG they are awesome, one is now tempted.

Dan Farrell

Roller Poster
We're goin to Dream Theater at Wembley. Mainly coz thats about 10 times bigger a venue than theyve ever played before!

robbeal

Hyper Poster
W00t, The Charlatans in a forest tonight! I'm going more for the 'gig in a lot of trees' concept than Tim Burgess et al, although i'll still enjoy the music. The Charlatans are a Northwich band traditionally too, so its a bit of a homecoming.

Kraken

Roller Poster
Woo, Metallica tickets came this week, and look dead sexy! :D

It is times like this I wish I had money too. Me and a mate are looking at doing both Dream Theater and the Black Crusade, although Bill Bailey is playing the NIA the same night as Machine Head the NEC, so I can't bloody go to that one.

The way it is looking, we will be doing Black Crusade at Cardiff and Dream Theater at Wembley, as they are the only ones we can get home from afterwards.

Bitter

Mega Poster
Went to Wireless yesterday to see QOTSA and the Stripes, was awesome. Queens weren't as good as when i saw them at Reading Fest in 05, and curiously chose to emit No One Knows from the setlist, maybe getting tired of being expected to play it at every show, who knows. The sound was also not the best i've heard at gigs/festivals, somewhat spoiling the otherwise great performance.

The Stripes on the other hand, i've been waiting to see them for ages now, and just wow, loved every second of it, definately going to go see them when they tour later in the year, and get their album when it comes out on Monday.

Now for Muse on Saturday...

Bitter

Mega Poster
tks said:
Daft Punk > Muse.

My friends are going to see Daft Punk at Wireless tomorrow too, and as much as i do love a good bit of cheesy electro, i'd much rather see Muse.

Lord Kotowa, you got standing tickets or seated?

bob_3_

Giga Poster
Daft Punk tomorrow night at Wireless!!! Ed showed me videos from Coachella in 2006 and it blew me away, and i still get excited when i watch them. I really can't wait for tomorrow. This is the video that gets me everytime.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yzS9-0Uz3rA[/youtube]

This is gonna make up for missing Glastonbury =(. And to be fair Muse are a great live band... I saw them in manchester.