What's new

Gigs 'n' Tours

Slayed

Hyper Poster
I hope I have Muse tickets, SeeTickets managed to wait all day before processing the order (or so they say).

If I haven't heads will roll, oh yes....

We'll have to do a little CF meetup at the gig :p

Almost

Hyper Poster
I saw this:

splash1.jpg

on Saturday night.

Bombers were the biggest surprise of the night. They were bloody fantastic live (can't say the same for the CD) but live, WOW. Amazing.

Melee was pretty good, The Junior Varsity was great and...

Bayside was amazing. They played one acoustic song (Megan by The Smoking Popes) which has become a staple in their preformance since last year when they played a whole tour acoustic due to the fact their drummer (John "Beatz" Holohan) died. It was really great.

Macrae

Roller Poster
Maiden on Sunday.

They are playing the WHOLE of 'A Matter of Life & Death'. Some complain, but I love the new album so it's all good! As well as Fear of the Dark (My favourite ever Maiden song!) Hallowed Be Thy Name and a couple more.

Should be awesome... except Trivium.

Will

Strata Poster
Yes... shame it has the potential to turn into a Trivium fan bashing session... it was a bad choice. I like Trivium well enough, but they're not popular with the same audience - not to mention them being nothing compared to the Gods that are Maiden!

Only 2 days to go :D

Lain

Giga Poster
^Indeed.

I am greatly looking forward to making jokes at their expense and heckling them from the front row on Monday.

c&r

Mega Poster
I saw maiden last night in Cardiff, my first gig (cue aww). I'd always been told maiden were really average live, so I was kind of expecting to be standing there all night like "wow, this wasn't worth it". To add to this, since buying the tickets, I had gone heavily off maiden.

However, the concert totally blew me away. The new album was good enough, then when they started with the oldies, the atmosphere turned totally electric.

Having said that, as I said above, it was my first gig, so I was bound to think it was awesome.

EDIT: oh yeah, crowd response to trivium was exceedingly bad, and I don't think they are really looking forward to the rest of the tour.

Some guy in the crowd: "**** OFF"
Lead singer: "Look if you don't ****ing like us, don't ****ing listen to us and **** off to the back."

Quite a bit of bottling was done =).

Kraken

Roller Poster
To be quite honest, I am kind of sad that everyone is bashing Trivium that much. Yes, they are knobs and Matt Heafy deserves to be raped by a goat, but I personally don't think the music is as bad as people say. Well, the old stuff that is, until they started trying to sing. I'm not that fussed about seeing them, I will watch them quietly and take it in, but I wont be shouting anything good or bad or throwing any kinds of crap.

I'm going with a friend who is really into them, so no doubt he will be pissed off if they don't perform very well, but in all honesty, I'm not bothered whether they play or not, I'm there for Maiden.

And no one mention their entire setlist! I don't want to know what they are playing in advance!

On top of that, did the stage set live up to their reputation?

Will

Strata Poster
From what I've heard, we'll get the entire Matter of Life and Death, and then some classics - Number of the Beast, Hallowed be thy Name, Fear of the Dark... usual suspects. Don't hold me to that, but it's what I'm expecting.

And it's tomorrow!!! Seriously hyper about this now! And I still like Trivium, but will also end up taking it in quietly, unless I have the good fortune not to be sat with metal elitists!

c&r

Mega Poster
Kraken, the stage set was pretty cool I thought, you'll have to wait and see haha.

Will, I was quite surprised by what they played from the oldies, if anyone's interested and doesn't mind seeing the list, read on (DO NOT READ THE REST OF THIS POST IF YOU DON'T WANT TO KNOW THE LIST)

at Cardiff they played, I think in this order:

AMOLAD straight through
Fear of the Dark
Iron Maiden

2 Minutes To Midnight
The Evil That Men Do
Hallowed Be Thy name.

I've gotta say, I was surprised how good 2 minutes to midnight was - I saw it on a previous concert list Lain linked me to (<3 Lain) and was kind of "oh". However, it turned out to be one of the best songs of the night.

Karen

Hyper Poster
Well I hear that the night at Manchester is going very well. Poor Katie is too small to see anything standing...................SHE'S IN THe SOUND MIXING DESK!

Kraken

Roller Poster
*Cries* I said don't show it to me... I just couldn't look away quick enough. Oh well, I lasted longer than I thought I would with it plastered everywhere over the net. It is a ****ing good list looking at it, Hallowed, Evil and Fear are in my top 5 songs, shame about the lack of Run to the Hills, Trooper etc though. I also really like the new album and I was watching videos earlier from the NEC gig, and am really getting excited now.

Only 19 1/2 hours until we get the train to Tenacious D now, which I can't wait for either. There is no way I am going to be able to sleep tonight, not with the amount of sweets I have eaten.

Oh, on top of that, what was security like in terms of cameras etc? I'm thinking of taking my digi with me, but don't want it taken off me. Were they searching people and bags etc on entry?

robbeal

Hyper Poster
Well, big W00t! from me this morning, when i unwrapped my final birthday present. Leeds Festival tickets 2007 confirmed for me then...

Slayed

Hyper Poster
robbeal said:
Well, big W00t! from me this morning, when i unwrapped my final birthday present. Leeds Festival tickets 2007 confirmed for me then...
Ooh Rob, you lucky barsteward! :D

Dave

CF Legend
I've just ordered tickets to go see Nine Inch Nails and Stone Sour next year.

As well as maybe ordering for Finntroll.

Kraken

Roller Poster
Went to Tenacious D last night at the NEC. I fainted at school beforehand though and felt like utter crap throughout the travelling and gig, which is bloody typical. The gig was pretty good, but I found bits of it a bit meh. The encore made it though with F*** Her Gently, Tribute and a Pinball Wizard cover. Tribute was hands down the best song of the night with the whole crowd on their feet singing along. It wasn't the best gig I've been to, but by no means the worst. Maiden should hopefully top it next friday.

Harvey

Hyper Poster
AMOLAD straight through
Fear of the Dark
Iron Maiden

2 Minutes To Midnight
The Evil That Men Do
Hallowed Be Thy name.

Played the same at Manchester, went down very well, but the corwd really came alive when FotD started - an absoloutly ace set, Bruce mentioned about Maiden coming to "turn a big nice field into a mudbath in around six months time" too, festival headline murmers abound! :D

Mark

Strata Poster
Hmmm, I have actually just fufilled a life long ambition for my dad and got hold of the scarce few tickets left for Meatloaf in May at Wembley for him and my mum as his christmas present. (Thanks to my mum for a very large assistance on that front). Naturally I will be attending (Thanks again Mum.)

Can't wait!