What's new

Gigs 'n' Tours

danielfitzgerald99

Hyper Poster
Dragonforce were a good laugh last night but it was rather hard to hear some of it, being the astoria and all.

I was right up at the barrier directly in front of Herman Li's podium. Sam Totman kept coming over and they were shredding like hell under a metre away from me.

We moved towards the back later to hear better and watched TTFATF from a really good view. I wouldn't go out of my way to see them again but it was enjoyable.

trav

Mega Poster
Enter Shikari were ****ing awesome last night.

I got a bit squished like, and my top was so sweaty that I took it off and could actually ring it out. 'Twas all good fun though.

A

Anonymous

October:
13th, The Hoosiers (2nd time this year)
21st, Alphabeat
22nd, Lee Evens

November:
23rd, The Zutons
24th, The Script (2nd time this year (supported the Hoosiers))
29th, The Fratellis

December:
14th, Pendulum

Quite a bit to look forward to!

danielfitzgerald99

Hyper Poster
My gig itinerary is now as follows

Enter Shikari with some band
Fallout Boy with some other band
Kill Hannah with Serpico, My Passion, Exit Ten
Unholy Alliance with Slayer, Trivium, Mastadon, Ammon Armath
Slipknot with MFH, COB
Lamb Of God with Dimmu Borgir and 5 finger death punch

Bearing in mind this year I have seen

Korn with Deathstars, Flyleaf
BFMV
BFMV with Still Remains and Skindred
Flyleaf
Jonathan Davis with Shenkar
Iron Maiden with A7X and Within Temptation
Kill Hannah with Serpico, My Passsion
Dragonforce with Turisas

I will be deaf in a couple of years

jonnyrocks

Mega Poster
Saw The Hoosiers for a bit at my freshers ball on Saturday, were pretty good, even though I saw them before in Bournemouth. Got 2 Feeder gigs coming up next month, maybe some other smaller bands, but don't have my eye on any tours at the moment :(

robbeal

Hyper Poster
Just booked tickets for Bloc Party at the Manchester Apollo. Its been a while since i've been to a gig, so that'll be pretty decent.

Screaming Coasters

Strata Poster
I need help with finding tickets if anyone would like to help...

I can't for the life of me, find UK concerts for Daft Punk?

Plleeaassee helpe me.

bob_3_

Giga Poster
Who wants to help me find some Daft Punk tickets?

They're not touring Ez.

There was like a 9 year gap between the tour they did in 2006 to one before, so don't get too excited.

Screaming Coasters

Strata Poster
Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!! :(
I've always wanted to see them and I always missed out on getting the tickets, Daft Punk, come back!

danielfitzgerald99

Hyper Poster
Enter Shikari owned Saturday night. They actually play Hastings, which I am so grateful about.

We got bored waiting for support band and started a mosh without any music. It was just silent and a load of people moshing.

First support was nothing special some metalcore outfit that sounded like Bring Me The Hairstraightners.

They were alright. Moshed a bit and then grabbed a drink with my mate.

Got up front for next act which was a drum and bass DJ who owned the metal band. We raved it up for a bit til Shikari came on.

Brilliant set with all the good stuff like Ok time for plan B, Sorry You're not a winner, Stand your ground etc.

I caught Rou's towel at the end but so did someone else even though I blatently grabbed it and they caught the end. Neither of us would let go so security intervened.

On the way out I saw a couple of people being put in amulances. Then I walked home and lived happily ever after in a house made of gingerbread and love.

trav

Mega Poster
^What did you think to their new stuff?

They played loads of it at Nottingham, and it just isn't as good as their older stuff.

Enter Shikari themselves were also a lot better live last year.

danielfitzgerald99

Hyper Poster
Trav - I thought the new stuff was good but I will need to let it grow

John - The fact that they got banned shows what a phat ass gig it was
how stupid you were to miss it for something as trivial as cars

Dave - Hellyeah with Slipknot and all but Grunge? That's Nirvana, Pearl
Jam etc. Slipknot? M...E...T...A...L...!

Will

Strata Poster
danielfitzgerald99 said:
Dave - Hellyeah with Slipknot and all but Grunge? That's Nirvana, Pearl
Jam etc. Slipknot? M...E...T...A...L...!
Starting to wonder whether I should have bought a ticket for that after all... Meh, I'll go in the unlikely event that I manage to find a cheap ticket on eBay, but didn't feel like paying full price when Slipknot get on my nerves, and I'd only really be going for Machine Head... who had better get their arses on a much-deserved headlining tour sooner rather than later...

danielfitzgerald99

Hyper Poster
That AC/DC show is ridiculous. Easly the most anticipated tour of the last 5 years and they play 02 which will sell out in 3 minutes max. I don't have a hope in hell. They could have done Wembley, they could have done Twickenham but no...the f*cking 02. Nice one.