Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Elite

Votes: 9 52.9%
  • Show me the anwser already

Votes: 3 17.6%

• Total voters

CoasterGoji_501

Roller Poster
even before i was a thoosie, i have Always Though GhostRider was Mid. however most people seem to rank ghostrider over rides like freakin SteVe. im cerious to see if me and NoLimts2coaster contriver are the only people who think GhostRider is mid.

While it isn't world class, I do believe that its elite. I am just going to talk about elements in a list format since that feels natural right now...

Pre-lift - nice laterals

First Drop - Alright pop of floater in the back, but the pull out is crazy for the mixture of positives and laterals with crazy headchoppers

Parabolic airtime hill - Awesome sustained floater throughout the train

First turn around - No airtime going in, but solid laterals throughout the turn

Drop off first turnaround - Nice headchoppers and quick pop of floater in the back

90 degree turn - laterals so intense one half of my body gets airtime

Scenic turnaround - nice laterals and direction change. Awesome view of the park especially at night

Drop off the midcourse - One of the best sustained flojector airtime moments ever.

Speed hill 1 - nice laterals and crazy pop of sustained ejector

Speed hill 2 - lets do it again...

step up - nice pop of ejector. Really nice up front, or at night when you can't really see it.

covered turnaround - solid laterals and out of control feeling

drop off covered turnaround - nice flojector in the back

hill over Grand Ave. - great floater

helix of death - want to experience 10 seconds of pure laterals?

Pop into breaks - small floater pop in front or when running fast

Really long ride that has a really classic feel. In my opinion twisted hills and stalls are fun, but sometimes just pure fast paced long rides are so fun. Second favorite woddie behind Thunderhead, and third best in socal...overall top 10 coaster. Back row night rides are better any other night ride I have done. It feels like a Gravity Group in the first half, and a GCI in the second half.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
As I've shared on a few accounts:
Ghostrider Overall Thoughts
It's really something when a formerly second-tier CCI is the new crown-jewel to a park... without being RMCed! GCI's masterful work on this coaster cannot be understated - the combo of Millennium Flyers and smoothing (but not killing) of elements makes for a simply awesome ride; even with the finale helix being pretty unbanked. Consider me part of team #PTCDleete, as I feel so many wooden coasters would benefit from a similar GCI upfit.
and
Ghostrider - I like to think that in the roller coaster multiverse, there’s a reality where RMC doesn’t exist and every Dinn Corp and CCI build just got GCI treatment.
Ghostrider is elite because it shows what can be done without RMC treatment. The metamorphosis GCI pulled off from a paultry CCI design is still something to behold.

CoasterGoji_501

Roller Poster
@LightningColossus46 @Hyde

wanna here somthing thats ironic about this, dispite me thinking GhostRider is overrated and mid

it manges to STILL be my no.2
(oh and i have the most GhostRider merch of out of any other roller coasters)

all because of one thing: its fun, just because i say its overrated doesnt mean i activly avoid ghostrider. infact that and hangtime are the roller coasters i actively try to get on the most

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
@LightningColossus46 @Hyde

wanna here somthing thats ironic about this, dispite me thinking GhostRider is overrated and mid

it manges to STILL be my no.2
(oh and i have the most GhostRider merch of out of any other roller coasters)

all because of one thing: its fun, just because i say its overrated doesnt mean i activly avoid ghostrider. infact that and hangtime are the roller coasters i actively try to get on the most
For such a mid-coaster, interesting you sponsor it so much. ;) But yes, there's no mistake in how Ghostrider is often the longest queue in the park - it's an excellent example of wooden coaster!

And again, where I come from in calling Ghostrider elite (while I still rank it #75 overall), is what it is not - another CCI/Dinn Corp fallen to pray for RMC conversion. It really does give me pause in wondering "What If" GCI got the lion's share of conversion business for CCI and Dinn work? Rattler, Mean Streak, and Georgia Cyclone would all be super interesting to see GCI reprofile treatment for.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
its only 2 peices of merch compared to my 1 other peice of HT merch
So 100% more.

giphy.gif

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
Massively overrated. It's eons better now, post-GCI nip-tuck, than it used to be, but it still isn't anything to write home about.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Massively overrated. It's eons better now, post-GCI nip-tuck, than it used to be, but it still isn't anything to write home about.
Poppycock! I do try to not over exaggerate, but still feel GCI did something special with this treatment. TBF, it aint breaking my Top 25 any time soon, but it did still go up!