What's new

GhosterForce 2021: Bigger, Longer & Uncut

Which days of GhosterForce 2021 will you be attending?

• Total voters

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend
Well, I would do it and I hate to be a downer - but I highly suspect it being Halloween weekend will block me from getting tickets.

But if I can be there, I'll be there. It would be rude not.

EDIT: Chessington looks good! :D

Last edited:

SilverArrow

Certified Ride Geek
Does the fancy dress have to be characters that started off in games (e.g. Mario, Lara Croft, Sonic etc) or can it be franchises that have games secondary to them (e.g. Harry potter, Lego, Star wars, etc etc)? Don't mind not being counted in the competition.

Edit: Also noticed, as a heads up, that the Thorpe date is excluded from the 2 for 1 ticket deal. Might be the same for staff passes as @SaiyanHajime mentioned.

Last edited:

Serena

Miss CoasterForce 2016
Staff member
Social Media Team
Does the fancy dress have to be characters that started off in games (e.g. Mario, Lara Croft, Sonic etc) or can it be franchises that have games secondary to them (e.g. Harry potter, Lego, Star wars, etc etc)? Don't mind not being counted in the competition.

Edit: Also noticed, as a heads up, that the Thorpe date is excluded from the 2 for 1 ticket deal. Might be the same for staff passes as @joey mentioned.

It should be characters that started off in video games, but wear whatever you want really!

James F

Hyper Poster
I don't have my work rota yet, but hopefully I should get it by the end of next week, I really hope I can make it as it would be my first proper CF Live (I was technically at the Blackpool event in 2018, but I was with PBE)

I have never been to Chessington, so there will be some new creds for me as well!

Are there any discounts available for tickets? sadly my basic merlin discovery pass is no good for the dates required. I take it the usual 2 for 1 vouchers arent valid on the dates we're going?

Also I'm kind of surprised how early thorpe park shuts at :

• Please note, the Resort will close at 9pm and in line with government instruction we are required to be clear of all visitors by 10pm. To support this our attraction queue lines will close from 8pm.
I guess it saves booking an extra night in a hotel at least!

Will

Strata Poster
Are there any discounts available for tickets? sadly my basic merlin discovery pass is no good for the dates required. I take it the usual 2 for 1 vouchers arent valid on the dates we're going?

Also I'm kind of surprised how early thorpe park shuts:
  • Please note, the Resort will close at 9pm and in line with government instruction we are required to be clear of all visitors by 10pm. To support this our attraction queue lines will close from 8pm.
With these dates falling in half-term as well as peak event season, I think it's unlikely there'll be any discounted tickets/vouchers knocking around - though obviously, if you've got some, it's worth checking the small print in case :)

Also - I hadn't realised the 'clear of visitors by 10' was still a thing - can't find it anywhere else, so maybe it's local regulation rather than a COVID thing.

nadroJ

CF Legend
Also - I hadn't realised the 'clear of visitors by 10' was still a thing - can't find it anywhere else, so maybe it's local regulation rather than a COVID thing.
Reading between the lines, I wouldn't be surprised if that's a leftover piece of copy from last year. Because it's not a government regulation anymore. Don't hold me to that though I don't actually know.

£3 off Tulley's with code SHOCKFACE3, not much, but every little helps!

for Chessington you can get a bottle of carex shower gel for £1 in home bargains that has a half price entry code that works for the date (£24)

Serena

Miss CoasterForce 2016
Staff member
Social Media Team
Okay! It's itinerary time!

Tulleys ShocktoberFest

I have a 5pm ticket for Tulleys. As the Live attendance numbers for this evening are smaller, it will be a fairly casual warm up event. I will send attendees my number, message me when you arrive and lets meet up and do mazes. If you are attending Tulleys, please let me know what time you plan to arrive in this topic :)

Chessington Howl 'O' Scream

- Meet by this croc photo op at 10:15am to play How Many CFers Can We Fit Into The Croc Mouth

20210827_190108.jpg

I would highly recommend arriving at the park at 9.30am to allow for queueing / getting through security. If you are going to be late, please let me know and we will come and find you once we have ridden Croc Drop.

- Faffle. Early afternoon we will be doing a classic CF Faffle. How does this work? Each member brings a small piece of theme park merch / tat and we raffle them all off to each other. PLEASE BRING ONE ITEM OF THEME PARK TAT TO DONATE. Will you get lucky and win a magnetic Wicksteed Park mini jigsaw? Who knows!

- Game: Hoops I Did It Again
If you do not like the 3 classic flavours of Hula Hoops / if you have unique dietary crisp requirements, please bring your own hoop shaped snack to partake in this game.

- Creepy Caves: 4pm

If you want to do Chessingtons fab scare maze Creepy Caves book the 4pm timeslot.

- Glow-sterforce, nightfall

Prepare yourself for glowstick madness as soon as it gets dark at Chessington!

- Coaster vs Force (Blue Barnacle edition)

Old school CFers, you know what to do. Newer CFers, prepare to SHOUT!

Vampire Night Ride

We will be finishing our day at Chessington with a night ride on Vampire as is traditional.

Thorpe Park Fright Night

Please arrive in your best Fancy Dress Costumes and meet by the police car outside the entrance to Saw: The ride at 10:15am

Costume Competition

Following a delightful ride on the best Eurofighter in the UK, be prepared to vote for your favourite Computer Game inspired costumes!

Farewell Platform 15

Gather near the entrance to Platform 15 as we pay loving tribute to this interesting maze in it's final year. Someone may read a poem. Someone may solemnly wave a binbag in the air. Will we actually be doing Platform 15? Absolutely not.

Quiz

During one of the inevitable long ride queues we will split into teams and have a spooktacular quiz. Winner of said quiz will win a Mystery prize!

Between 5pm - 7pm we will be doing mazes, shows and scare zones. If you want to do night rides instead that's fine, we will meet you afterwards at Swarm.

5pm - Creak Freak Massacre Appreciation

Book the 5pm timeslot for Creak Freak Massacre if you wish to do it. Sweets will be awarded to all those who exclaim "wow who wrote this soundtrack it's the best music I've ever heard!" 😉

6.00pm Trailers

This is the new maze at Thorpe this year and I'M SO EXCITED FOR IT! Book the 6.00pm time slot.

6.15pm - 7pm

Time to check out all the Scare Zones and shows

7pm onwards

Night rides. Starting with The Swarm so we can all marvel at thise pretty red lights 😍

SEE YOU ALL THERE ❤🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃

Last edited:

JoshC.

Strata Poster
Ahhh bugger, was just going to prebook my passholder tickets for Chessington and Thorpe, and have just realised that the Halloween weekend is an exclusion date on my Annual Pass. So may have to give those dates a miss. :(

Will try and see if I can fit Tulleys in though!

MouseAT

Hyper Poster
I'm probably game for booking the creepy caves at Chessington, but because they run with group sizes of 2-6, the stupid online booking system will only let you book tickets for 2 or more people at once. If somebody wants to double up on a two person ticket, just let me know. I'm quite happy to order a couple of tickets myself, and settle up afterwards.