What's new

Gerstlauer - Sky Roller

Mit deLuxe

Hyper Poster
Hey I was checking the Gerstlauer website when I came across a really good looking flat ride. Does anybody know if there is one situated closer to the UK, or even one actually built in a Park?

http://www.gerstlauer-rides.de/english/ ... uer_E.html

PB3_SkyRo02g.jpg

Rush

Giga Poster
I remember someone showing me this before. I think it looks like a giant washing line. :p

I haven't heard of any parks getting one but it looks a bit too spinny for my liking.

Peter

Hyper Poster
I remember seeing this before too. It looks good but very gimmicky.

I can't see any major park getting this though due to the horrendous capacity it will have, with what, only being able to take about 16 people at a time.

tks

Strata Poster
I don't like the idea of being out on your own. Rides are much more fun with someone next to you.

Inverse

Hyper Poster
Jools said:
Looks like something that belongs in Lego Land to me :?

Why's that a bad thing?

This looks quality, controlling your own ride is great to attract many different people.

bob_3_

Giga Poster
Looks really fun actually! would be better if you had 2 seats to a pod though. And you had to work together to make it do crazy things.

Dave

CF Legend
Yeah I posted bout this ages ago when it was first announced. Being the fanboy and that, haha.

I don't think it'll catch on just yet, as it needs some tweaking me thinks.

A

Anonymous

It looks fun but also pretty ugly, like everyone else has said. It would definitely be better with 2 to a seat because you lose half the fun of riding when you're by yourself, in my opinion.

A

Anonymous

They have moved the one at the Deutche Museums to Belantis, and I can't wait to ride it in a few weeks :)

Just look at it:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mlydhM0vKJs[/youtube]

Emmett

Giga Poster
It reminds me of the flying ride at Movie Park Germany. This looks miles better though, especially the way you can flip and rotate on the seats/wings.