What's new

Gerst. question

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
I guess infinities have lift hills without a beyond vertical drop directly after it...?

Sent from my VS840 4G using Tapatalk

ThomVD

Giga Poster
^ Karacho at Tripsdrill is an Infinity but doesn't have a lifthill. I think it has to do with the trains? But I'm not sure, to be honest.

CookieCoasters

Giga Poster
I thought I read somewhere the difference between them was the track style/structure. Either that, or it might be to do with the ride system. I'm not completely sure.

Robbie

Hyper Poster
Basically, Eurofighters have beyond vertical drops. Infinity coasters don't. They also have different trains (Infinity coasters seat more people)

Dan1989

Mega Poster
Robbie said:
Basically, Eurofighters have beyond vertical drops. Infinity coasters don't. They also have different trains (Infinity coasters seat more people)

You got a source to confirm that Robbie? Would be interesting to read.

mouse

Giga Poster
If you look at the product list on the Gerstlauer website the main selling point of the Eurofighter is the beyond vertical drop, whereas it is not mentioned on the Infinity page. Trains and capacity are also mentioned:
http://www.gerstlauer-rides.de/products ... -coasters/
I suppose the Infinity is like an upgraded Eurofighter but without the beyond vertical drop.

_koppen

Hyper Poster
Basically the infinity coaster is the next generation Eurofighter. Improvements have been made to the track and the vehicles are completely redesigned for improving the ride and maintenance. The new trains also have the ability to handle much more speed making mega coasters possible.

There is nothing preventing an Infinity coaster from having a beyond vertical drop, if Gerstlauer are asked to design a large custom Eurofighter there is no way they are going to use the old system.