What's new

Genting SkyWorlds | Malaysia | Theme Park

TilenB

Strata Poster
I still can't get over the fact that, after all the issues with Mission Ferrari, they somehow managed to sell another one of these.
I wouldn't be surprised if the contracts were signed at about the same time, considering how long this theme park has been under development.

By the way, what's the situation with the Dual Power Coaster? I was under the impression it was due to open last year, but it never did.

Lori Marie Loud

Giga Poster
I wouldn't be surprised if the contracts were signed at about the same time, considering how long this theme park has been under development.

By the way, what's the situation with the Dual Power Coaster? I was under the impression it was due to open last year, but it never did.
I believe the Duel Power's opening next month, at last report.

cookie

Giga Poster
Dynamic Attractions' parent company Dynamic Technologies has filed for corporate restructuring under the Companies' Creditors Arrangement Act in Canada, citing serious financial shortcomings and unpaid debts. This could potentially lead to further delays for their two coasters at Genting.

Last edited:

Joelpagett

Mega Poster
There's an interesting article on Yahoo and Screamscape regarding Dynamic Technologies, the company behind the two major rides at Genting Skywords that haven't yet opened.

It's quite a long article, but in a nutshell;

Dynamic has spent $26.4 million on the Aliens vs Predator attraction at Genting SkyWorlds, of the $34 million lump-sum contract, they have received $24 million. The remaining $10 million will not cover the estimated $16 million cost of completing the attraction due to the complexity of the ride system and design changes. There is a risk that Genting could cancel the project and demand the ride components be removed from the site.

Mad Ramp Peak, the former Son of Anarchy ride, is 95% complete with an estimated $1.5 million in items still needed to finish it, however Dynamic has already spent $30.7 million on the attraction, of the $24 million lump-sum contract, $23 million has already been paid.

Overall, it looks like various projects have plunged the company into $20 million in debt, and they don't have the necessary funds to finish the projects. This could mean very bad news for the two rides + the company, as they have always been at the forefront of advancing technology in the theme park sector.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
There's an interesting article on Yahoo and Screamscape regarding Dynamic Technologies, the company behind the two major rides at Genting Skywords that haven't yet opened.

It's quite a long article, but in a nutshell;

Dynamic has spent $26.4 million on the Aliens vs Predator attraction at Genting SkyWorlds, of the $34 million lump-sum contract, they have received $24 million. The remaining $10 million will not cover the estimated $16 million cost of completing the attraction due to the complexity of the ride system and design changes. There is a risk that Genting could cancel the project and demand the ride components be removed from the site.

Mad Ramp Peak, the former Son of Anarchy ride, is 95% complete with an estimated $1.5 million in items still needed to finish it, however Dynamic has already spent $30.7 million on the attraction, of the $24 million lump-sum contract, $23 million has already been paid.

Overall, it looks like various projects have plunged the company into $20 million in debt, and they don't have the necessary funds to finish the projects. This could mean very bad news for the two rides + the company, as they have always been at the forefront of advancing technology in the theme park sector.
Linked to this, I suppose:

spicy

Giga Poster
They clearly couldn't deliver on their promises for the SFX coasters or they just sold them too cheaply.. How can the attraction hardware go £6 million over budget?

I would guess Mission Ferrari went millions over its budget too but they just paid to get the thing finally open.

It's a shame though as the Alien Vs Predator ride from that concept art looked incredible.

Joelpagett

Mega Poster
They clearly couldn't deliver on their promises for the SFX coasters or they just sold them too cheaply.. How can the attraction hardware go £6 million over budget?

I would guess Mission Ferrari went millions over its budget too but they just paid to get the thing finally open.

It's a shame though as the Alien Vs Predator ride from that concept art looked incredible.

I think potentially they under-estimated the complexity of the rides, and it's gone way over budget. They'll 100% of made losses on the Mission Ferarri, all adding to the problems of the cash-flow.

It's a shame, as they're trying lots of different things, but there is only so much parks are willing to spend on something that is very much not tried and un-tested, so they made it cheaper to hook them in and convince them to invest - but the gamble hasn't paid off.

azmi

Roller Poster
Judging from this picture, the track design is quite impressive. It's amazing if this project can go ahead.
IMG_20230409_080628.jpg

Looking at the data from Wikipedia. Dynamic Attraction has released their third SFX Coaster sales data in China but it will not materialize.
IMG_20230404_195650.jpg

The concept of attraction design
FB_IMG_1680998359757.jpg

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
The park the one in China was due to goto never happened. There was full Maurer spinning coaster sat around in pieces near the plot of land for the park for years but even that's disappeared now.

The parks footprint is now flats and a recreation center I believe. No idea what happened to the spinner which is a shame but assume it was scrapped before it was even built.

Lofty

CF Legend
The only reason Mission: Ferrari opened was with their internal mechanical engineer taking over a load of the work without the help from Dynamic. Shame they've been unable to get their **** together.

spicy

Giga Poster
If Dynamic cease to exist are Mission: Ferrari's days already numbered?

Or will another company be able to manufacture all the different parts that will be needed..

Joelpagett

Mega Poster
You've got to feel sorry for Genting Skyworlds. Arguably two of their most unique and exciting attractions (one of which looks practically finished) are now going to either sit and gather dust or have to be taken out.

Part of me wonders if Dynamic Attractions will start another company as something else and pick it back up. Or they'll create a company that is able to deal with the maintenance side of things.

Who knows - but it's not good for Genting Skyworlds.

azmi

Roller Poster
About the Mad Ramp Peak rollercoaster which now seems to be finished but it has not been opened even they have put it as a future attraction and not coming anymore this means it may not be opened this year even the fake road also looks dirty as if it is not managed just like the sfx coaster track. I also asked the park staff about the SFX Coaster but they didn't respond about it, maybe something worse will happen later.

Lofty

CF Legend
If Dynamic cease to exist are Mission: Ferrari's days already numbered?

Or will another company be able to manufacture all the different parts that will be needed..
Another company took over a lot of the technical elements anyway as Dynamic couldn't get them to work properly.