What's new

Genting SkyWorlds | Malaysia | Theme Park

azmi

Roller Poster
Photo of the interior of the SFX Coaster from the park's former president.
IMG_20231027_214420.jpg
and also some pieces of the SFX Coaster track that are still on site
img_20231027_214442-jpg.27944
IMG_20231027_214439.jpg
IMG_20231027_214436.jpgIMG_20231027_214433.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20231027_214442.jpg
    IMG_20231027_214442.jpg
    353.7 KB · Views: 689

cookie

Giga Poster
Photo of the interior of the SFX Coaster from the park's former president.
View attachment 27943
and also some pieces of the SFX Coaster track that are still on site
img_20231027_214442-jpg.27944
View attachment 27945
View attachment 27946View attachment 27947
In the same tweetchain there's the mention that the park has sent out proposal requests to multiple vendors for any one of them to finish Mad Ramp Peak at least, and KumbaK is said to have shown interest. Whether anyone will take on the task given the costs involved remains to be seen.

Joelpagett

Mega Poster
it's really unfortunate that a park has put so much faith into one supplier to create their two arguably 'signature' attractions - for them now to have gone out of business. Must be very frustrating as they aren't simple roller coasters either.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
I'd call it stupid rather than unfortunate, especially given the manufacturer in question. Some very poor decisions made with this park.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I was actually at Genting Highlands today and the SFX coaster looks in pretty bad shape. Track is filthy, whole area it's in looks run-down and it's a huge eyesore to the park IMO. I think the same is probably true of Mad Ramp Peak, but as the area is already themed to be a bit more worn out it doesn't look so obviously neglected. Shame really, as they both look like they'd be quite unique rides, at a pretty unique looking park.

Mk7u9bw.jpeg

For what it's worth - didn't bother going into the outdoor park (Genting Highlands Theme Park) as it's quite steep without the two interesting coasters operating. The indoor park (Skytropolis somethingorother) has a new powered coaster that isn't open yet and a Volare which is currently down for maintenance.

Mercifully, I knew this going in and therefore wasn't really the purpose of the trip. Decent day out up the cable car and the like, mind.

azmi

Roller Poster
what I can find out is that, while dynamic went bankrupt, the two attractions have a good chance, the park has also opened a tender for any company interested in operating the dynamic attraction, Mad Ramp Peak will be taken over by the production company Kumbak and they are also interested in that, for SFX Coaster it may take more time to wait I hope Intamin will take over, also I saw some workers who were checking the surface of the Mad Ramp Peak track last month maybe it was from Kumbak officials.

I managed to ask the park workers that the SFX Coaster still has components that have not been installed and that the project will be completed in 2025 and will open in 2026.

clarkequlara

Roller Poster
I was actually at Genting Highlands today and the SFX coaster looks in pretty bad shape. Track is filthy, whole area it's in looks run-down and it's a huge eyesore to the park IMO. I think the same is probably true of Mad Ramp Peak, but as the area is already themed to be a bit more worn out it doesn't look so obviously neglected. Shame really, as they both look like they'd be quite unique rides, at a pretty unique looking park.

Mk7u9bw.jpeg

For what it's worth - didn't bother going into the outdoor park (Genting Highlands Theme Park) as it's quite steep without the two interesting coasters operating. The indoor park (Skytropolis somethingorother) has a new powered coaster that isn't open yet and a Volare which is currently down for maintenance.

Mercifully, I knew this going in and therefore wasn't really the purpose of the trip. Decent day out up the cable car and the like, mind.
They have cleared the track recently
Screenshot_20240408_103641_edit_104044803199579.jpg