What's new

Game of Thrones

tomahawk

Strata Poster
Haven't gotten a chance to watch it yet, and my cable has been out pretty much all day today. Plan on watching it the second the wife gets home though.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Glad it's back on. Sad I have to watch it week by week. First episode was promising.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Mysterious Sue

Strata Poster
A good season opener I thought. You get a good amount of time with all of the characters. Just glad it's back on really. Been waiting so long

tomahawk

Strata Poster
There are so many little foreshadowing moments in this, I can't wait for next week! This season should be pretty much all action so let's see how they do.

Ben

CF Legend
Watching the trailer for next week got me so excited <3

I love how Cersei spent the whole episode drinking, she's amazing.

tomahawk

Strata Poster
Purple Wedding <3

Spoiler:
While I loved the episode, they should have ended it with Sansa arriving on the ship and seeing Littefinger. I had it in my head the entire time that's where the episode would end, so I was a bit annoyed that it didn't. Still, the little **** finally got what he deserved.

Can't wait for Mereen.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Yeah, it was a good "there's a lot if complex plot and **** going on" episode with added benefits.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

tomahawk

Strata Poster
This past weeks episode was quite good. I was quite surprised by the split from the books, a rather huge split if you ask me. The end scene is apparently from a chapter in the sixth book, so I'm interested to see where they go from here.

rtotheizzo17

Hyper Poster
^For those that don't have HBO but have read 5 looooong books could you please tell? PM if you don't want open spoilers, I was just asked about how much the show and book split...

tomahawk

Strata Poster
This past weeks episode featured probably the best acting in the entire series by Dinklage. I've been dying to see this portion play out, and I'm happy with how it has gone so far. My wife keeps texting or doing other **** while it's on, and I rewind and say you need to watch this part because this seson so far has really just been set up for later.

She keeps complaining about Littlefinger and how he does nothing, I just had to bite my tongue and shake my head.

tomahawk

Strata Poster
Season finale was last night...thoughts?

Personally, I loved it and thought if featured some really good moments. Tyrion was awesome as usual, and I'm a bit mad they didn't include the terrific line from the book. At the beginning of the season I thought Arya would get a little farther in her story, but the ending was a great place for all characters, well, a few probably aren't too thrilled.

Hopefully Martin can get off his fat ass and finish Winds of Winter by next April so whatever they put in the book will be in the show. Next season will definitely be very Tyrion, Arya, and The Wall filled. Can't wait.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
I thought it was a great episode and a great way to end the series. I've been waiting for the Tyrion/Tywin confrontation all series and it only mildly disappointed :)

I think the most annoying thing (and people who haven't read the books can now feel smug) is that the bits they've cut out point to them being story arc dead ends. There are a few here and there that Martin has put in which add to the general "confusion". I think the idea is that with so many threads going on, you can't second guess what the overall tale will be and who the final players in the final game of thrones will be. With some of those arcs removed from the TV series, it means that the book readers now know that those ones were red herrings...

Peet

Giga Poster
I thought there would be a topic for this, surprised it hasn't been used for 5 years though!

Anyone else an emotional wreck after the last episode (the Long Night)? It has to be the most intense thing I have ever watched, nearly 2 hours for a single battle scene, amazing stuff! Maybe the best battle scene ever made?

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
I get very, very bored with battle scenes after around 15 minutes - it's the main reason I'm so incredibly over Marvel's crap, given that the final 3rd of all of their stuff is just a big CGI battle - so an hour and twenty minutes (thank f**k not "almost two hours") was always going to be a slog.

For that reason, I never find huge battle scenes intense. Intensity for me comes in much more subtle, character-based, stuff rather than big action scenes.

I like Game of Thrones - been watching it weekly from the get-go - but I just don't get how people get soooooo invested in it.