What do you enjoy the most?

• G Force

Votes: 9 22.5%
  • Airtime

Votes: 31 77.5%

• Total voters

mouse

Giga Poster
Has this topic been done before, I had a quick search, but sorry if one exists.

Anyway, the ultimate question, what do you enjoy more, G Force or airtime?

CoasterCrazy

Giga Poster
Tricky. :?

I'd probably say G-force because it is much more "forceful" than airtime, however airtime sometimes gives you a different feeling altogether....

Josh73

Giga Poster
Floater. I guess... I enjoy G-Force, but that is a very tough question...
I would say in my mind I enjoy G's 49% and Airtime 51%.

andrus

Giga Poster
1) Ejector
2) G-force
3) Floater

I'm not much for lame B&M hypers, but good Intamin airtime is always the best!

Treeis

Mega Poster
I voted airtime, but my favorite coaster is Nemesis, which interestingly is famous for its G-force...

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
I used to adore G-Force and disliked airtime. These days I get less from G-Force, but prefer airtime. It's odd how life throws your opinions around over time :lol:

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend
Pedantic.

...In response to the question, I dunno. Bit off both, but directional changes are the best.<3 Laterals are underated.

dominoes

Mega Poster
1. Ejector
2. Floater
3. G
I love the feeling of being thrown out of your seat, but I also love the feeling on Black Buccaneer at Chessington. I don't have much love for Gs, mainly because they aren't that thrilling for me. Falling out your seat is scary, being pushed into it is not. That's probably why I love hangtime...

andrus

Giga Poster
^Indeed! One of the best moments of airtime I've ever experienced!! But it's not on every ride, the coaster has to "over launch" (or what you call it?), ie you have to be lucky (50 %) to experience it.

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
Linear G!

Airtime after that, though. Any sort. Then "traditional" G-force, positive and lateral in that order (Kålormen at Legoland Billund is one vile ride). SpinSpider features some almost uncomfortable positives as well, it almost feels like someone is tugging your collarbone and shoulder blades downwards.

tepr

Roller Poster
Has to be airtime for me. With positive Gs there's a very short distance between "meh" and "pain".

nadroJ

CF Legend
Airtime <3 On rides where I know I'll get airtime I purposely try and close my restraint as loosely as possible, I can't get enough.

Intricks

Strata Poster
G forces all the way. The higher the g's, the better I will love the ride. Got a backseat ride on a flyer and the pretzel loop was fab <3 It was fun locjing by elbows to make sure my arms didnt fall and punch me in the face at the bottom.

Laterals are my second fave. Steel Dragon at Waldameer proved that. Love me my spin n' spew foats as well (Howler at HP...oh god, I wish I had an off-ride vid of us spinning that carriage).

Airtime be fun too, but I prefer the Positive Forces over Negative ones :3

Switching between the hideouts'...

Kebab

Giga Poster
I'm starting to get bored of G-Forces lately, I think the more forceful rides you go on, the less you start to realise the difference between low and high G rides. I remember when Rita opened, and I heard it pulled 4.7G, I found that completely intimidating for some reason (because I'd have never been on anything more forceful than say... Nemesis?). I hardly tell the difference now, in fact Nemesis feels a hell of a lot more forceful than Rita due to it's sustained force, even if it does only record about 3.5G max.

Airtime I feel to be a rare treat in the UK, it adds that little bit of danger, that tiny buzz that makes you stare at your neighbouring rider thinking that was **** awesome! I love it, and it's an absolute joy that thanks to Pleasure Beach Blackpool we have a park that hosts a decent amount of airtime through most the rides! Grand National being a main culprit, some of the best ejector I've ever endured.

So straight-down air-time for me!

Josh73

Giga Poster
nadroJ said:
On rides where I know I'll get airtime I purposely try and close my restraint as loosely as possible, I can't get enough.
Same.

I find sometimes, G-Forces actually hurt, bcause I clench my teeth, and one time, I bit my tongue. Anyone else clench?