What's new

Fury of the Copperhead | CAROWINDS | 4th May 2019

Hutch

Strata Poster
That's a great number! Didn't seem like many signed up here, I guess you're getting a good amount of people outside the forums? If this is anything to go by, I imagine the summer lives will be packed!

Snoo

The Legend
That's a great number! Didn't seem like many signed up here, I guess you're getting a good amount of people outside the forums? If this is anything to go by, I imagine the summer lives will be packed!
We received a large number of e-mails. :)

jay37415

Mega Poster
I cant remember how many I put on the email hat was coming with me but I will be accompanied by my wife and three kids. The deal I'm getting on tickets includes a free parking pass so I should have 4 extra ones.

yawetag

Roller Poster
Snoo, did you send out the emails? If so, I didn't receive it and want to make sure I actually signed up.

tomahawk

Strata Poster
Unfortunately, I am having to pull out and will not be able to attend.

I can't justify the cost at this point when I'm saving for a house, and oh so close to making that dream or ownership, a reality.

Kentucky Kingdom Live is looking quite probable though. Bummed though.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

jay37415

Mega Poster
Unfortunately, I am having to pull out and will not be able to attend.

I can't justify the cost at this point when I'm saving for a house, and oh so close to making that dream or ownership, a reality.

Kentucky Kingdom Live is looking quite probable though. Bummed though.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I nominate this for a face slap!

Sky

Mega Poster
Miraculously logged into my account here after... 9ish? years. Feels good to be posting again, even if it's only in this thread.
Looking forward to the Live now that I turned my husband to the coaster-loving dark side!

Pear

Strata Poster
I might try heading down if I can find a ride from Chapel Hill to Charlotte and back. This is also right in the middle of finals week for me, so the break from studying would be nice.

yawetag

Roller Poster
I might try heading down if I can find a ride from Chapel Hill to Charlotte and back. This is also right in the middle of finals week for me, so the break from studying would be nice.
Amtrak from Durham gets you to Charlotte at 9:40am. If you want to come down the night before, there's one that comes in around 9pm. Uber wherever you need to go.

yawetag

Roller Poster
Since we're meeting outside the gate, I can offer two people $9.99 entry, but I have to be in line with you to purchase the ticket.

yawetag

Roller Poster
Some notes from me:
1. The wife will not be attending. She has another event that day, so it'll be me and the two kids (12yo son, 9yo daughter).
2. I have a yearly FunPix pass. If we ride something with the photos, I can get them for everyone and post here later. I can also get any photos from us entering the park as a group (we will be doing those, right? Right?).
3. Because my daughter isn't as brave with rides, we'll be breaking off to do things for her throughout the day. If anyone else has children in the same bravery level, she wouldn't mind ride friends for those times. She's ok with any ride that doesn't go upside down or coasters above 80 feet. That's about half the coasters and a lot of the flat rides that she enjoys.

Since we'll be breaking off, and I presume others will be coming and going as well, do we have a central spot for contact? If there's a general interest, I can start a Discord server for the day and use that. Don't mind texting someone directly either.

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
I'm not sure if @Snoo has any special plans regarding this but we usually exchange phone numbers with the Live organizer as the single point of contact. I don't see why we couldn't use a discord/slack/WhatsApp/Facebook messenger group, but I'll leave that for Marcus to decide.

Snoo

The Legend
Some notes from me:
1. The wife will not be attending. She has another event that day, so it'll be me and the two kids (12yo son, 9yo daughter).
2. I have a yearly FunPix pass. If we ride something with the photos, I can get them for everyone and post here later. I can also get any photos from us entering the park as a group (we will be doing those, right? Right?).
3. Because my daughter isn't as brave with rides, we'll be breaking off to do things for her throughout the day. If anyone else has children in the same bravery level, she wouldn't mind ride friends for those times. She's ok with any ride that doesn't go upside down or coasters above 80 feet. That's about half the coasters and a lot of the flat rides that she enjoys.

Since we'll be breaking off, and I presume others will be coming and going as well, do we have a central spot for contact? If there's a general interest, I can start a Discord server for the day and use that. Don't mind texting someone directly either.
I'll have my 3 kids with me also.

So you guys are more then welcome, especially with little ones, to branch off and roll through the kids area! As long as you guys registered, you SHOULD have my phone number which we can use as a central point. We haven't scheduled out the day short of meeting up as the park isn't huge but I will certainly make that happen and we can discuss in the morning before we venture inside. :)

Sky

Mega Poster
It's Live day!! Looking forward to meeting everyone! :)

We hit the road before 5am, heading up from Atlanta. And I'm fighting back a fever today, so it should be an interesting time!