What's new

Fun Spot Action Park | White Lightning | GCI Wood

michaellll

Mega Poster
I love the shorter train with a passion. To me, it evens out the discrepancy between forces felt in the front/middle/back.

I wouldn't think (with a coaster of this magnitude anyway) that the momentum lost from a lighter train would matter much. Should still ride well I'd hope!

Lofty

CF Legend
I know we can't really compare them as in layouts and sharpness of hill gradients etc, but just look at Twister at Grona Lund. That's a tiny train and reportedly a great little coaster.

IntaminToWin

Mega Poster
michaellll said:
I love the shorter train with a passion. To me, it evens out the discrepancy between forces felt in the front/middle/back.

That discrepancy is the best part!
It's why riding in the very front and very back adds a lot to the ride for me, they can be so different.

JJLehto

Hyper Poster
IntaminToWin said:
That train seems way too short. Even if that's the final length, it still looks off.

I hear it was because of the rides length, shorter train, more intense and all as it flies around the track.

Obviously not anything mindblowing but that doesn't make it OMG wtf is this crap (though surely most will say that) this looks like a fun lil ride. If people really care about Robb...just watch the POV and stop after that. No need to go crazy :lol:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8eAFfv-aLzg[/youtube]

Hauls ass!

sparky2u

Mega Poster
"White Lightning" looks lovely and i'm sure it will be a very big hit with everyone, must start saving to visit Florida someday.

"HellCat" at "Timber Falls Adventure Park" in USA is the best 3 car coaster at the moment, it flys around the track with no trims & you get tons of airtime. I wish Thorpe or Alton operated a woodie like this one, insane and full of speed.

Sorry its another Robb POV, but he does do some of the best:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_Afuc6C9Uk

michaellll

Mega Poster
So are both coasters now open to the public from now on? I did a little research and found out June 8th will be the "official" opening for the expansion, but are they doing a soft opening where the coasters are consistently operating?

I could probably call, but I suppose some Orlando locals in here might know.

Very excited to give it a try! Finally a proper woodie within day trip distance <3

sparky2u

Mega Poster
rtotheizzo17 said:
I got in about 10 laps today. I like the ride better every time I get on! It is fast from start to finish and a very fun ride!

What was the double up & down like, give much "airtime"..? I'm not after height or speed, just simple coasters like this is my passion, i'll ride this type of layout all day as they are so much fun, The UK is so obsessed with "Steel" coasters , come on Merlin give us a good woodie like this layout or something like "Troy" as we have waited long enough.

steel

Mega Poster
IntaminToWin said:
michaellll said:

That discrepancy is the best part!
It's why riding in the very front and very back adds a lot to the ride for me, they can be so different.

It's funny, actually, one of the coasters I've ridden with the biggest discrepancy between front and back is Hellcat at Timber Falls, and that only has three cars as well. There's a ton of airtime in both, but it's totally different.

CanobieFan

Strata Poster
michaellll said:
So are both coasters now open to the public from now on? I did a little research and found out June 8th will be the "official" opening for the expansion

Yeah, both coasters, as well as the new Tilt-A-Whirl, RipCurl, 250 foot skycoaster, and Enterprise are now open to the public daily. June 8th is just the official/party date. They opened the new rides as soon as they were ready... So every day it seemed like another one had opened. (I've got an seasonpass and go 2-3 times a week as its 2 blocks from my house)

Edit: The only ""new"" rides not open yet as far as I know are the newly reconfigured 'Green' Go-Kart track and the kiddie coaster.

rtotheizzo17

Hyper Poster
sparky2u said:
rtotheizzo17 said:
I got in about 10 laps today. I like the ride better every time I get on! It is fast from start to finish and a very fun ride!

What was the double up & down like, give much "airtime"..? I'm not after height or speed, just simple coasters like this is my passion, i'll ride this type of layout all day as they are so much fun, The UK is so obsessed with "Steel" coasters , come on Merlin give us a good woodie like this layout or something like "Troy" as we have waited long enough.

The double double is good. The first time I rode it was finishing laps at 42 seconds. Later that night it was under 40 ( I know this because they were reading the times out for testing). By the last few rides there was air throughout.

michaellll

Mega Poster
CanobieFan said:
Yeah, both coasters, as well as the new Tilt-A-Whirl, RipCurl, 250 foot skycoaster, and Enterprise are now open to the public daily. June 8th is just the official/party date. They opened the new rides as soon as they were ready... So every day it seemed like another one had opened. (I've got an seasonpass and go 2-3 times a week as its 2 blocks from my house)

Edit: The only ""new"" rides not open yet as far as I know are the newly reconfigured 'Green' Go-Kart track and the kiddie coaster.

Awesome, As soon as I have a day off I'll be down there to try them out!

xD

rtotheizzo17

Hyper Poster
I just wanted to say that everyone on CF should give this ride some love next time you are in Orlando. Some buddies of mine meet here once a month (aptly titled Fun Spot Fridays) during our lunch hour (or 90 minutes) to get some White Lightning rides in. The crew is always fun and I have never had a wait during our times. If you go in the evening I have heard of some decent (20-30 min) queues.