What's new

Fun Spot Action Park | Freedom Flyer | Vekoma SFC

bmac

Giga Poster
well 20 years ago the Ukrainians just got their freedom, so I can understand why some people don't think blue and yellow as "freedom."

Patriot @ Worlds of Fun scheme would've been perfect for this thing.

Martyn B

CF Legend
skycoaster1.jpg

From TPR

elephant58

Hyper Poster
I don't know if this has been brought up, but RCDB is saying that this coaster is called Freedom Fighter. Which is its actual name?

Youngster Joey

Strata Poster
elephant58 said:
I don't know if this has been brought up, but RCDB is saying that this coaster is called Freedom Fighter. Which is its actual name?

It has. If you go back to ECG's report, he says that RCDB has the name wrong. :)

marc

CF Legend
Don't normally bother with either of the small parks as it did not seem worth it, but will go to both on the next visit. Just need to find them lol.

Martyn B

CF Legend
I dont know if I'm alone in this or not, but I find this coaster is weird choice for the park. I'm not knocking them for buying a brand new coaster, but I cant help but think that they could have got a better coaster (with better impact on the GP) for a better price, second hand?

marc

CF Legend
I think it's a good choice tbh to get families there as people tend to avoid the place due to the rough reputation it has at night.

The problem they will have is people will compare it to dd and it does not invert so I can see what you mean.

But there are good family coasters.

CanobieFan

Strata Poster
Ehhh... I doubt anyone even cares.... but the ride has been testing (with Vekoma staff on site talking in Dutch :O)
Freedom Flyer is set to open for guests by weeks end.

I've added some photos of it testing below.
FreedomFlyerFSA4_zps354384f4.jpg

FreedomFlyerFSA1_zps13863082.jpg

Lofty

CF Legend
No, it can't swing/sway like the arrow ones. It's merely some kind of suspension by the looks of the fixtures near the wheels.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I think they might be able to move a little bit. Not as much as the old-school suspended coasters, but I think those linkages are designed to allow them to swing rather than just offering some damping. Notice how in the top picture the last rows are banked out more than the previous rows. It looks to me as if the angle between the wheel assembly and the seat-support is different on those back rows.

The two dampers would resist this motion, implying they're expecting a fair amount of movement. If they were designed not to swing at all, they'd just use the natural damping in the metal and save themselves the hassle of having extra linkages and stuff.