What's new

Front Seat Rides vs. Back Seat Rides

Do you prefer rides that are better ridden in the front or back?

• Front

Votes: 18 42.9%
  • Middle

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Back

Votes: 16 38.1%
  • Doesn't Matter

Votes: 7 16.7%

• Total voters

Maverix

Mega Poster
Just going to put this here as I've never seen somebody ever say middle, mainly because it's normally not as good as the front or back, but I found an exception this summer in Full Throttle. The hang time in the loop is unreal in the middle even with the short trains. There was a huge difference between the cars in the hang time in the loop, which I though was the best part of the ride.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
^ I only say middle for roller coasters that are repeat offenders on roughness. Mean Streak springs to mind, which is not half bad when ridden in the middle.

coreysaysyo

Roller Poster
I have to say, a lot of rides are great in the front. But certain ride have to be rode in the back. Like El toro is a fine example, and so is skyrush IMO. But yeah, I voted front but it just depends sometimes :p

ThomVD

Giga Poster
Front for me. I prefer the more balanced and sustained airtime over the short pops, and the view adds a lot to me. There are a couple of coasters that I prefer in the back though. Mainly the GCI woodies and mine trains. First drops are usually also a lot better in the back so I usually just ride both back and front on most coasters.

CoburnJason54

Roller Poster
It really depends on the ride. Strata coasters are much better in the front. El Toro is another one that is great in the front. Most B&M's are better in the front. Full Throttle, Bizarro and Maverick are best in the back and are a blast. Full Throttle really hangs you at the top of the loop in the back. I still like the back because the wait is shorter and gives you a more fun ride, since rides like Bizarro and some others I find less exciting in the front. But rides like El Toro and Skyrush, have such strong airtime already it doesn't make a huge difference where you sit, but the back usually wins for me.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
^ The front and back of Skyrush definitely mattered when the lift hill was up to speed.

Y'all can't tell me otherwise - it will always be the back of the train for me!

bmac

Giga Poster
Hyde said:
^ The front and back of Skyrush definitely mattered when the lift hill was up to speed.

Y'all can't tell me otherwise - it will always be the back of the train for me!

Back seat with the full speed lift hill was beyond bonkers. Ejector Air all the way down into that first bunny hill which was absolute insanity for anyone sitting there.

NAPayne31

Mega Poster
The strata coasters in the front are really an insane experience. TTD's front row adds so much more tension from the time you are sitting in the station about to launch which I love. The whole experience is just terrifying and a whole lot more fun in the front. The Voyage and Maverick though provide totally different experiences in the back. The Voyage simply for airtime, but Maverick is trying to buck you out of your seat which I utterly love. So if I absolutely have to choose I'd go with the back

DeanGaryCox

Roller Poster
For intensity of inversions on B&M inverts, and Better airtime (usually) on sit downs then back row.

Personally i still prefer the front, especially on Launch coasters as with the wind blowing right in your face the launch feels like twice as forceful, although on rides like stealth sitting in the back gives you some great airtime which you don't experience on the front, so i try and do both. B&M inverts i still enjoy the front more as i like to take in the surroundings as i ride and see where i'm going rather than being chucked around in the back row (not saying i don't like the back row, just prefer front)

I always try to ride the front or back row, failing the 2nd or 2nd to last row, failing that i get annoyed and usually don't enjoy the ride lol!! :roll:

S

SimonSays99

I always try to get a backseat ride if visiting on a slow day and the coaster is a walk-on. On busier days I always try to get the seat that will get me as fast as possible on the coaster.

Also always polite and try to fill vacant seats on coasters without single rider line - while this goes smoothly in Euro parks I noticed that in most US parks the GP is so shocked that it often does not work out at first. And another difference: While in Euro parks I often get asked by parents to ride with their kids and the parents are happy not having to ride themselves many US parents outright forbid to fill an empty seat next to their kid.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
It ultimately depends on the type of coaster but I like to see where I'm going. I feel more alert and excited when I've got nothing but empty track in front of me, ready to thrill me.