What's new

Fright Nights Pre-Book only

Ollie

CF Legend
Just booked my £2 ticket. Still need to find a way to get to the live so if anyone is offering lifts I'd be grateful.
Do you need to book now for the mazes as well or do you just do them as normal when you're in the park? If you do need to book is there a charge for that as well?

Aaron

Hyper Poster
Damn, they're NOT doing a pre-booked system for staff either...

Looks like I'm paying to get in... now, do I risk using a voucher to maybe get refused, or do I book online and be ready to go?

(Oh man, that means I need to use the scum entrance too... :( )

Karen

Hyper Poster
Well I have just booked 4 entry tickets. It is the 2nd of September and they were still £2 each plus p&p.

Ollie

CF Legend
After booking on the website and printing off the confirmation thing. it said the e-ticket would be sent to us within 2 hours. My mum booked it for us on her card but hasn't received anything. Has anyone else had this?
But it says on the booking confirmation:
"If your ticket does not arrive, please bring this confirmation to Thorpe Park on the day of your visit."
So I guess I have to do that.

Is it just the ticket and Annual pass you need to take to get in then?

Crazycoaster

Giga Poster
Ugh why do they charge you £1.50 to collect the tickets yourself at the park?!

Thorpe Park Website said:
An order processing fee applies once per order, regardless of the quantity of tickets purchased. The charges pay for our credit/debit card processing services, merchant fees, distribution network, the installation and maintenance of computer hardware and software, telephone lines, labour and all other costs associated with the ticket transaction including ticket delivery costs

What a load of toss. I know its not much, but still it surely doesnt cost them anything like that much to keep those machines at the park working.. I hate hidden charges.

MouseAT

Hyper Poster
Ollie said:
After booking on the website and printing off the confirmation thing. it said the e-ticket would be sent to us within 2 hours. My mum booked it for us on her card but hasn't received anything. Has anyone else had this?
"If your ticket does not arrive, please bring this confirmation to Thorpe Park on the day of your visit."

Yeah, I've had the same issue with the email not arriving. I'll have to follow it up at some point.

Ollie

CF Legend
Bloody hell now they tell us. At least it's cleared things up slightly now.

Annual Pass email said:
Hi Oliver,

Fright Nights is back and even more terrifying than ever, transforming THORPE PARK into a world of twisted insanity!

Annual Passholders can brave Fright Nights for FREE between the 12th - 23rd October, just show your Pass on the gate as usual.

However due to extreme popularity, Fright Nights during Half Term week (24th October - 1st November) are STRICTLY ADVANCE BOOK ONLY. No admittance to the Park without a valid pre-booked ticket.

Book early online for just £2

At least we know now that it's only the half term that we have to book for.

A-Kid

Giga Poster
They are half consistant with there info arn't they ;) :? lol.

So they changed there minds on the quiet days then... I get it from gareth that its all the days and now this to confuse!

marc

CF Legend
GF is half term anyway so you will need the £2 ticket.

Its now £32 for normal tickets, so they have added the £2 on.

Karen

Hyper Poster
Ollie said:

Same thing has happened to me. My main worry is that we may have to go to guest services with the confirmation before going to the entrance.

Rach

Giga Poster
Sorry to bump this.

I've just booked my ticket for GF seeing as I now can go and have paid £6.50 for the privilege of being guaranteed entry.

The prices changed on the 14th, so if you haven't got your ticket yet, it's going to set you back at least £5.

There's also no option to print online, so I've just paid yet another £1.50 to have the ticket delivered to my door.
You can collect when you arrive, but I chose the delivery option. Which is likely to take 7 days.

Though my booking conformation says in caps "YOUR E-TICKET WILL ARRIVE WITHIN 24 HOURS".

Lets see what happens.

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend
I'm slightly confused by this. I didn't see it early enough to catch the £2 charge, and £6.50 is rediculous. :(

But, "guaranteed entry"? Why does that sound like you don't really have to book at all, just be prepared to be turned away if you turn up late... That's what it sounds like. :S

EDIT:

I just read a post a while back which answers my question, I think?

"Fright Nights is back and even more terrifying than ever, transforming THORPE PARK into a world of twisted insanity!

Annual Passholders can brave Fright Nights for FREE between the 12th - 23rd October, just show your Pass on the gate as usual.

However due to extreme popularity, Fright Nights during Half Term week (24th October - 1st November) are STRICTLY ADVANCE BOOK ONLY. No admittance to the Park without a valid pre-booked ticket. "

Suggesting if you WANT to, you can pointlessly book for the says outside of half term, to guarantee entry?

The fact that you can't print these at home is disgusting.

big john

Mega Poster

But you can print them at home i did and have got em all ready when i booked i just didnt tick any delivery or pickup options and they sent me a mail with the tickets to print

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend
big john said:

But you can print them at home i did and have got em all ready when i booked i just didnt tick any delivery or pickup options and they sent me a mail with the tickets to print
?

But you till have to PAY for the privilidge of it being posted or picked up. Supposed "handling fees".

big john

Mega Poster
i clicked on ap garantee pass paid £2 for me and £2 for tanya didnt click anything else and paid and got mail with tickets in so unless thorpe have changed it since i bought them no idea