What's new

Friary Park

Sacrifice's opening day is looming around the corner. Publicity has definately heightened over the past month. Morgan Farraway, along with Albert Winkler have decided wristbands {on Sacrifice Media Day} will be just £5 from 9am to 10pm!

Farraway invited me {along with numerous other business representatives and local media groups} to a hosted meeting. When we got there, dinner and champagne was served, as Morgan delivered a presentation. We were told all about the theme and origin of Sacrifice, and recieved open invite to wander around the site of Sacrifice, to take pictures and explore etc.

The park was totally empty and about 30 of us just wandered round, and had rerides on Albert Winkler's Fair.

Heres what I took;

A Gullotine from the side of the queueline.

Shot0040-1.jpg

Twisting hill into the MCBR {took from the queueline again}.

Shot0036-1.jpg

Walking through one of the tunnelling buildings.

Shot0037.jpg

Entrance and exit, took from the park's cherry picker.

Shot0038.jpg

The torture chamber, on the left of the queueline, it lies under the lifthill.

Shot0041.jpg

From the top of the hill, you can see where the Zero G plummets.

Shot0044thrtr.jpg

Stood on the MCBR.

Shot0045rgre.jpg

The cherrypicker gave the press a good view of the final MCBR & back of the station.

Shot0047erh.jpg

The coaster is to 'dive past the rocky pond' and towards a hill into the final MCBR.

Shot004fgfg.jpg

That tight turn past the rocky pond.

Shot00w.jpg

Diving into the Immelmann.

trhgd.jpg

Helicopter gives us a good birdseye view.

gss.jpg

WHOA! you work fast!

*ahem* sorry, I mean it's great to see construction going so quickly for the park! Can't wait to ride it!

I put my bad video making skills to the test and made this 3 minute clip. It describes the storyline, with some short clips because RCT3 is a laggy bitch when filming. I hope the font is readable :p

Today a video was released for the build-up of Sacrifice's opening in 17 days. Morgan Farraway had a thing or two to mention;

"Well we've left the rollercoaster a long time without mentioning it's background, and we thought the effect would be stronger and more positive if it all happened within weeks of opening. We'll see."

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lzvvE-p2UMM&feature=channel_page[/youtube]

17 more days

Sacrifice opening day, was a nervous day at Friary Park especially for Morgan Farraway. The park opened at 9am and crowds instantly gathered at Sacrifice for it's 12pm opening slot.

rvrdxs.jpg

A stage was set for some celebrity appearances from; Noel Edmonds, Ant 'n' Dec and guest performers, Rage Against the Machine.

After this, Morgan Farraway took to the stage at 11pm as Sacrifice began testing, he told the crowds about the past and future of Friary Park, and what to expect next.

The crowd's then watched Sacrifice test. I took this picture from the stage.

fyuujb.jpg

Raffle tickets were on sale at the side of the stage all morning, the winners got drawn out and were entitled to the first official ride on Sacrifice at 11:45am.

Everybody eagerly watched as the raffle winners took to their seats, and crested the hill 242ft up from the ground.

ree.jpg

12pm came and now it's the public's turn!

dopff.jpg

Here they come across the final bridge into the station!

fdsstgu.jpg

The first public riders take to the skies.

Shot005298.jpg

And down they come into the rocky pits of Lucifer's playground!

9897h.jpg

This is Jeff, he's worked hard all week on Sacrifice to ensure it was up and running for today. Little does he know a payrise is on it's way!

jhjhik.jpg

Ladies and Gentlemen, thankyou for joining us on our extravagant opening of Sacrifice, the tallest rollercoaster in Britain!

Thanks Jools!

Morgan Farraway had an interview the week after successfully opening his spectacular new landmark rollercoaster - Sacrifice. Here's what was said.

Interviewer: Morgan excellent to see you again, how are things this time around?

Morgan Farraway: Excellent actually, just suprisingly excellent.

Interviewer: So, Sacrifice is running! How has the week been for you? Has everything paid off?

Morgan Farraway: I am over the moon to be honest. Looking back to when I bought Friary Park, I can remember the hundreds of sheep that lived literally where a 242ft beast now stands. The transformation is mindblowing, and the public have really drawn into it. We have had publicity up & down the country, I have been talking to a lot of the customers in person and the reception we've got is fantastic.

Interviewer: So Morgan, what happens now? How do you top Sacrifice and where should the customers turn now?

Morgan Farraway: Well, I have been in talks with my management & marketing executives and it looks like we will be increasing the size of the African themed sector by a massive excess. I can also confirm that this sector is called Swahili Village. Plans will now head to the southern area of the park, where we have arranged a water attraction.

Interviewer: Tell me more about Albert Winkler, what is his involvement?

Morgan Farraway: Albert Winkler is a generous kind man. He has travelling fairs all the way up Eastern England with a net worth of about £40 million. We have had a lot of important discussions recently, and a major plan has cropped out of the woodwork.

Interviewer: Thank you again Morgan for your time, we hope to hear more on Friary Park soon.

It definitely looked like Sacrifice's opening day was successful with all of those peeps!
I can't wait for the next area!

Finally did a little more this evening.

Hello guys, great to see you all again!
Well it's been another few months since I visited Friary Park, however I keep in firm contact with Morgan Farraway, he's been pleasant to me recently.

A few months ago I visited a packed Friary Park in the evening. I was already told by management construction has been well underway with the new water attraction, and as soon as I hit Albert Winkler's fair, I could definately see it dominating the back of the park!

b1.jpg

'What is it?' I asked myself.

Anyway that was months ago... I can now reveal Swahili Village {or as some of you know it, the African Sector} has been blessed with Intamin Rapids!

May I introduce you to, Traitor's River.
The ride is not heavily based on a specific theme, which is what the park did with Sacrifice. Traitor's River was a place all the deceitful people in Swahili Village were sent to. They were put on a raft and sent down the perilious rivers.

Here are some exclusive shots I was permitted to take.

Through the gloomy tunnel we head.

b11.jpg

The pathways seperate from the end of Sacrifice, up toward Traitor's River.

b3.jpg

The faithful bongo drummers await all guests through the queueline.

b5.jpg

This is actually the exit line for Traitor's River, in which you surpass the queueline via a large lake.

b6.jpg

Up we go, to the merry merry hills!

b10.jpg

Thou shall get soaked!

b9.jpg

Round here.

b12.jpg

Down this way, and in the distance stands Sacrifice.

b13.jpg

From outside Friary Park.

b7.jpg

How it currently stands, with the pathway to the left.

b8.jpg

Please note, Traitor's River is now open to the public. This family friendly attraction has stolen a lot of limelight from Sacrifice and has been added onto the wristband offer.

As work took me away to Spain, I have been reading enthusiast sites up & down the country, and their opinions of Friary Park.
Overall the comments were outstanding, and brilliant, positive reviews all round!

I couldn't help but see this subtitle on one of the sites...

''2 new attractions for Friary Park''
I wondered what this could be with the Traitor's River ride only opening 3 months previous.
Apparently it was 2 flats, or 1 flat ride & a walkthrough house. It was said they would both open in a months time.
Since I was going back to England in a month anyway, I decided to arrange a meet-up with a group of enthusiasts to see the opening. My strong connections with Friary got us ERT on Sacrifice for 2 hours. Result.

So I approached the park & was greeted by a small friendly bunch of enthusiasts, and their friend Neal :p

c1.jpg

We saw the new rides testing, the first was a S&S Sky Swat called Deadfall. The sign said this
"A deadfall is one of the simplest and most effective animal traps. It is simply a heavy weight, such as a rock or log, that is suspended over bait attached to a trigger. "

I guessed that was it's theme.
The second was a children's Rockin' Tug ride by Zamperla. It's name is Tidal Ship.

So off we headed towards Deadfall, into the evergrowing Swahili Village.

c12.jpg

There is a pleasant little seating area just under the huge queueline that stretched above.

c5.jpg

c6.jpg

Some Deadfall pictures;

c7.jpg

c8.jpg

c4.jpg

c10.jpg

c3.jpg

Does anybody see a ride?
Yes, it's Tidal Ship!
c9.jpg

Secret shot took from Traitor's River Lake.
c11.jpg

An overview of the expanding Swahili Village
c2.jpg

Damn, triple posted!

Today was Friary Park's first official press conference, held in their very own conference room. Fortunately for everybody, I was present.

Things I learned;

swahililogo.png

1.New Plans are underway for Swahili Village. 2 new family orientated attractions are to be built for a few months time, expanding Swahili Village even more. It is not confirmed what these rides will be, however I will find out on the day they open, as I will be in attendance.

2. The second {and probably last} coaster of Swahili Village has been confirmed. The ride may sit inbetween where Albert Winkler's fair is currently, and Sacrifice. It looks more hopeful however, to sit infront of Traitor's River, the Intamin rapids at the back of the park. Nothing about the coaster is confirmed, but it won't be open till next season.

downtownlogo.png

1. 'Downtown' is the newest confirmed sector of Friary Park. It will be themed closesly to a city, most probably Manhattan of New York. The area's footprint will however be massively smaller than Swahili Village's and will sit on beside it. Morgan Farraway is hoping to fit 2 coasters in this area he explained.

2. We will be saying goodbye to Albert Winkler's Travelling Fair, to make room for Downtown and Swahili Village. The fair has stuck by Friary Park and helped it expand from one strength to another. Fortunately for Friary, Albert Winkler is selling off his 90% share of the Nationwide fair, and buying a 35% share of Friary Park. He will be planning one of the 2 coasters in Downtown, and helping generally run & maintain the Downtown sector.

Here's out everything should pan out;

*BLUE - First family orientated attraction
*BROWN - Second Family orientated attraction
*PURPLE - Hopeful site of rollercoaster
*BLACK - Confirmed site of Downtown sector

c13.jpg

Okay, this post is picture heavy, bare with it.

Hello all!

I am just back in my hotel now, ready to upload the pictures of todays trip to Friary Park. I got an exclusive look at the 2 new family attractions, and free ERT.

So I entered the park, my hopes were seemingly low, because I really expected extreme thrills from the latest attractions. I saw a new bridge, which stretched out to the far side of Sacrifice, and to over the lake.

d1.jpg

When you walk over there, the first thing you will see is a new restauraunt of Swahili Village. The name of it is Kwango.

d3.jpg

Entrance of Kwango, fairly basic if you ask me.

d4.jpg

Then to the right of Kwango, you must walk this giant staircase to the new attraction.

d5.jpg

Here it is! Kariba Kingdom, the Aquarium based attraction to suit the whole family!

d6.jpg

Kariba Kingdom, with Sacrifice standing tall.

d7.jpg

The second attraction is Koulikoro Railway, a large railway which tours you round Swahili Village.
Here is it's station

d9.jpg

d11.jpg

It goes past this area, which cannot be themed as of yet, as it is the proposed site for a new coaster.

d12.jpg

It goes over this way

d2.jpg

And across the makeshift bridge!

d17.jpg

Down here;

d15.jpg

Interacting with the rapids...

d14.jpg

This is almost the end of the circuit

d18.jpg

Let me just show everybody roughly the journey that Koulikoro Railway takes.

1. First the train loads at the station

d19.jpg

2. We pass through the empty proposed coaster site

d20.jpg

3. Under the rapids and past the rockery

d21.jpg

4. Turn off at Traitor's River ride station

d22.jpg

5. Over the bridge, back towards Sacrifice

d23.jpg

6. Down the side of Sacrifice, past it's breakrun

d24.jpg

7.Under Kariba Kingdom, entering an underground tunnel

d25.jpg

8.Turn at the Lake, through the final underground tunnel

d26.jpg

9. Round past the lake to the station again!

d18.jpg

Final overview of Friary Park

d27.jpg

Thankyou for your time ladies & gentlemen.

After another successful overseas trip I decided to come back in time for the new coaster's preperations at Friary Park.

When I entered I was shocked to see Albert Winkler's Travelling funfair had gone! It was just flat concrete and gravel now.

d28.jpg

Everybody crowded in there trying to get a look over the 30ft fences to see what was going on behind the scenes. Coming Soon! it says

d29.jpg

Staff carpark of the construction site which weirdly consisted of some coaches.

d30.jpg

Staff have access only.

d36.jpg

The train gets a perfect sighting of the billboard.

d31.jpg

Fortunately, I am V.I.P for Friary Park, so with a hard-hat on off I went!

d33.jpg

Security had to frisk me on the way in.

d32.jpg

Small staff cabin for the construction workers.

d34.jpg

Groundwork.

d35.jpg

Finally, I got to peek over after riding Sacrifice.

d37.jpg

Everything's looking good!

This is just incredible. My only worry is that you will be able to see the tall buldings in the Downtown area too clearly from the Swahili village.

Oh, and I also love the style you are writing this in.

Yes it has been to my concern too jokerman. I am greatful for your comments!

I have alternated my plans with Downtown and all will be revealed soon in "storymode".

Months later I returned to Friary Park to do a little press work with Morgan Farraway & Albert Winkler.

Entering the park you can clearly see the fair has been left in the same desolate state. But, hang on a second... something stands out.

c14.jpg

That's right, clearly you could recognise the steel domination of a B&M Inverted coaster. My eyes followed it's red coloured track everywhere I went round the park. My eyes just stared and imagined what this thing would ride like.

c15.jpg

Finally I got the opportunity to visit it properly again. Same old routine, hardhat on etc.
I could definately spot at least 5 inversions. Obviously this thing was no way near the height of Sacrifice, but it still intimidated me up close.

c16.jpg

Apparently after doing work with Winkler & Farraway, I was specifically told this was Albert Winkler's first project at Friary Park. They have also announced nationwide that the proposed Downtown area of the park will be executed when they have expanded the park. Swahili Village is to stretch over all of the current land I was told. This is pretty good news!

It's beautiful work ! How are you doing to change the colors of the rides? :) :eek:

You want to know how to change the colour of a ride? Just click the ride in game and the picture of a coaster train should bring up the option.

Albert Winkler was with us today to talk about the new coaster coming to Friary Park soon, and how he & Morgan Farraway are doing in partnership.

Interviewer: Welcome Albert! What a pleasure it is to finally talk to you.

Albert Winkler: Thank you very much, I'm glad to be here..

Interviewer: So, how's your new project coming along? We're all anticipating a spectacular new ride on the scale of Sacrifice.

Albert Winkler: The new project is finished! Yes we've been working round the clock to complete it, at the moment a few final touches are taking place {theme related}. I find it difficult to top Sacrifice however, but we've give it a good shot.

Interviewer: That is amazing news, so Albert what can you confirm for me?

Albert Winkler: Well... what I can tell you is this new coaster was part of a double deal with B&M, after Sacrifice. This is a 130ft B&M inverted coaster, and it's going to perform beautifully for us at Friary Park.

Interviewer: I get more excited the more you tell me! Well tell me about the theme of this coaster, and what you aimed to do.

Albert Winkler: The theme, obviously, is African related so expect exotic. Again like Sacrifice it will branch off into it's own story which we will be releasing soon, hopefully with another marketing video. We didn't want to aim for a tall, fast dominator like Sacrifice, we had already provided this to our guests. So we went for a slick, twisting, turning, inverting beast of a rollercoaster. It does stuff that Sacrifice cannot do.

Interviewer: I cannot wait for this coaster, now finally tell me what happened to your fair?! and now all of a sudden your a shareholder of Friary Park, in partnership with Morgan Farraway?

Albert Winkler: Yes, a lot went wrong for my fairground company. I wanted to achieve more in the deeper end of the industry. So yes, I decided to sell it off, and get myself into business with my new partner and dear friend, Mr.Farraway. I believe I can do a lot for him and execute some of the projects he strives to execute.

Interviewer: Well all this is incredibly interesting material to read Albert, thank you for joining us today.

Heres some of the sneak peak photographs Albert Winkler left us from his new project!

e1.jpg

e2.jpg

e3.jpg