What's new

Friary Park

DjTommyB

Hyper Poster
Omg this park looks amazing! May I ask where you get the background with the beach and hotels?

Keep up the great work! =]

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
We need to get this topic to a new page. Now. It's a brilliant park, possibly one of the best I've ever seen, but it's a pain to load the page (and the newest pictures load last...)

Great work, keep up!

jokerman

Giga Poster
Poke, just change the url in the address bar where it says start= to a higher number, so you only get the later posts.

Ormerod

Hyper Poster
Thank you for your comments, and Tommy the background option is used in scenario editor rather than using sandbox mode.

Ormerod

Hyper Poster
Hello all!

Today I was browsing enthusiast websites for almost 4 hours. Something caught my attention!

zanta.png

Ride Name: Zanta
Ride Type: B&M Inverted Coaster
Ride Height: 130ft
Ride Speed: 62mph
Ride G's: 4.1g

All confirmed details officially released by Friary Park about their new invert! And the official ride logo. It was all over the media as far as I was aware.

Local papers were going mental. And then I read this bit;

"Zanta was once a small basecamp for wealthy Africans and politicians. It sat just on the borders of Swahili Village. Each year, the Africans of wealth would gather here for 1 night, to feast on the most exquisite food and relax away from home. Nobody knew about Zanta, only these men. Year after year they would come back for the entertainment they recieved and the feasts they ate.
As the next year came along, the men all met up at Zanta for their annual activities. To their suprise, Zanta seemed to look a lot different this year. It had overgrown and blended into the quiet jungles surrounding it. As the men frantically checked their wealthy headquarters they soon realised everything had dissapeared. All that they came for, not a single chair left in place.

What had happened?
Some think it was Pirates, others think spirits. The truth is, nobody knows how Zanta was destroyed. Are you ready to see for yourself?

The story has been confirmed. Now we wait!

Ormerod

Hyper Poster
Thanks jokerman, and Kim, NOT SANTA! This is Zanta :p
Here's the next update, with a bucketful of screenshots.

Unfortunately, I won't be in attendance during Zanta's opening day. This is a shame for me.
However, Morgan Farraway and Albert Winkler invited me last night to repay my loyalty with an exclusive tour of Zanta, and I got to watch the beast test!

So, when I finally entered the park, I noticed this rather tidy seating area that was a simple addition, next to Zanta's entrance. The statue is of a legendary Sea Monster that was said to have cursed the invading Pirates of Swahili Village a long time ago.

f2.jpg

You can clearly see the entrance from this distance, I awaited Zanta.

f1.jpg

I eagerly threw myself into the empty queuelines, I was V.I.P remember.

f3.jpg

f20.jpg

Over a little bridge where the train crossed, and Sacrifice obviously dominating the background.

f22.jpg

Down these forresty paths

f30.jpg

f28.jpg

The beast was staring at me, as the only person strolling through these empty paths.

f25.jpg

f27.jpg

Jesus, that looks big?

f26.jpg

Then I came to the station area, and saw Zanta's train begin the climb!

f29.jpg

It was an intense 2 minutes, and I was really anticipating a ride. Here's some of the pictures I took of Zanta anyway.

First drop into the loop

f9.jpg

Overbank & helix

f8.jpg

Corkscrew! with a headchopper :p

f7.jpg

Barrell roll time

f5.jpg

Upward turn into the final *indoor* MCBR

f10.jpg

The cobra roll section.

f13.jpg

There she goes!

f18.jpg

130ft up

f12.jpg

From the queue!

f24.jpg

The whole ride!

f14.jpg

This is the back area of the station, path has been renovated here, so it looks like Swahili will expand in this direction.

f11.jpg

Friary Park, as of now...

f32.jpg

Gladiator

Mega Poster
Zanta Claus has really delivered the presents!!
:p
I love cheesy puns
The park is looking superb now
The aquarium is using up a big of space that you could use for a kiddie/family coaster

jokerman

Giga Poster
That looks brilliant.

How big is Swahili village going to be? It already takes up a lot of space. Soon you're gonna have to call it Swahili City.

Ormerod

Hyper Poster
Thanks for the comments.
Unfortunately my RCT3 disc has cracked which has prevented any more updates.

And the question about Swahili Village is that it is planned to take up the entire land, the park would be expanded after it's completion, or is thought to be expanded.