What's new

Freakiest Ride Ever? - Coffin Ride Melbourne

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
I think this may be the strangest ride I have ever seen. It would certainly completely freak out more than a few people I know. The ride is in Melbourne Australia and simulates the experience of being buried alive in a coffin.

'Your Last Ride’ is a motion “simulated” coffin ride of the last ride you will ever take.
At 6pm on Friday February 11th 2011 in Harbour Town, Docklands, Vic Black Light Mini-golf will unveil
‘Your Last Ride’ where you will climb into a real wooden coffin, close the lid and lie on your back in
the Pitch Black for what will be an all out Extreme 4D experience involving all your senses.
You will Hear the sound and Feel the movement of the Cockney gravediggers loading you into
a Hot Rod Hearse and taking you for ‘Your Last Ride’.

joolscoffin.gif

You will Smell the Roses as they unload you at the grave site, and as they throw you in the hole, the Smell of dirt
will permeate the air as you are being shoveled in until you Hear nothing but silence.
Just when you think all is lost, the Smell of Decay will begin to fill the air and the Dry taste of Fear will
cover your tongue. When you finally realise your NOT alone in the dark, it will because of the bugs and
creepy crawlers attacking you in an unsettling climax before the lid flies open with a rush of fresh air
bringing relief that your back...............back from ‘Your Last Ride'.

To experience the thrill of being dead and buried 6 feet under, is truly a once in a "lifetime" chance!
Don't worry, you won't really be alone because your friends and the Forbidden freaks waiting in line will be
watching you through the Night Vision Coffin Cam.

I am passing through this December so if its still going I may give it a go.

http://www.glowgolf.com.au/index.php?Itemid=231

tomahawk

Strata Poster
Re: RE: Freakiest Ride Ever? - Coffin Ride Melbourne

Yeah I hate MRI machines, no way in hell I could do this.

Lofty

CF Legend
nealbie said:
Forget turdio scare mazes, that sounds freakin' awesome!
You do realises effects like this have been used in Scare Attractions for years now? ;)

On a different note, a UK based company planned a travelling version of this way back in 2009 that sadly didn't go ahead due to the cost and throughput limitations. They planned to use a hearse as the transportable vehicle and you also had the choice of being cremated or buried alive. Such a shame it never went ahead, it'd have been incredible.

Casio

Mega Poster
This sounds insane! I like to try every kind of ride at least once, but I'm not sure I'd be able to do this and I'm not even claustrophobic. You'd have to dozens of coffins for capacities sake surely?

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
Fuji Q has, or used to have, something kind of similar. You had to stand in the coffins though, which were slightly inclined backwards. They were left open at the front, but the room was in total darkness.

Jason Voorhees

Hyper Poster
Eh, it is probably one of the rides that look impressive and really is just pointless and boring ( King Kong, Bobbejaanland for example.

Lofty

CF Legend
Jason Voorhees said:
Eh, it is probably one of the rides that look impressive and really is just pointless and boring ( King Kong, Bobbejaanland for example.
The thing is, this isn't exactly a 'ride'. It's a simulator in essence...

CanobieFan

Strata Poster
Canobie Lake has been doing it for the past 5 years, since the start of their Halloween event. They used to give you a "free" shirt if you did it ($25 to do it) now its only like $5 and you can just buy the shirt. They've got a camera inside the coffin so everyone outside can watch you...... uh..... laying down?