What's new

Formula 1™ Topic

marc

CF Legend
Yeah if I went again I would wear one, you right Jerry times have changed and people are more aware.

I would not even have thought about rocks.

EthC

Mega Poster
Force India have released the first image of their new car:

1390379893.jpg

Me like the livery alot! :--D

Peter

Hyper Poster
I think it looks gorgeous, but this is just a computer generated image, so undoubtedly it'll look slicker and smoother than the real thing. I really like the shape of the nose too as I was worried that with the new regulations we'd get some weird looking cars!

However VJ has said that the nose design was built in a rush and it will not look like this by the first race. They saw more value in getting something on track for testing so have put a simple nose on to speed production time.

Still, if this is anything to go by we're onto a season of great looking cars. I'll be glued to the McLaren launch on Friday to see what they have done (and what livery they'll choose given the lack of a title sponsor!)

marc

CF Legend
Peter I think mclaren will be orange this year back to how they started. Am also expecting Ross to be announced.

The force India looks nice from the side but we really need to see the nose lol.

Peter

Hyper Poster
Well it was bound to happen - Williams have released pictures of the FW36 and its sporting the anteater nose!

1390467970.jpg

I really hope other teams find a way around this and that the Force India doesn't have it either. Its not great, but I guess we'll all get used to it by the first race.

I'm also hoping that Williams are just showing a temporary livery in these pictures. :p

marc

CF Legend
Looks like it will be near enough the same then, I just thought with no title they might this year like they tested before West was confirmed.

EthC

Mega Poster
Eric Bouiller is resigned with immediate effect from Lotus and Is highly tipped to replace Martin Whitmarsh and Team Principal at Mclaren! Interesting!!

Peter

Hyper Poster
^ Just beat me to it!

Eww is what I say to that! It might look a bit better once they get some sponsorship on to break up the plain silver, but still....

Sneaky of Lotus to post a preview at exactly the same time! They've done an interesting take on the nose which IMO looks a bit better, lets hope it works for them.

I wonder what would happen if the McLaren had a direct head on with the Lotus, lol.

marc

CF Legend
We will get used to them in time but they are ugly lol.

Not 100% sure but it looks like mclaren may have dropped the pull rod front end and gone back to the tried and tested method. Will know more later.

The lotus just looks like last years car with a new front end. Have tbh I don't think they will be up there this year due to the late start they have had.

EthC

Mega Poster
Peter said:
^ Just beat me to it!

Eww is what I say to that! It might look a bit better once they get some sponsorship on to break up the plain silver, but still....

Sneaky of Lotus to post a preview at exactly the same time! They've done an interesting take on the nose which IMO looks a bit better, lets hope it works for them.

I wonder what would happen if the McLaren had a direct head on with the Lotus, lol.

It would create a baby F1 car, if you catch my drift ;)

marc

CF Legend
Yeah photos are already on line of the cars at it lol.

Many pundits don't think the lotus idea will work well and will cause an unbalance at the front.

Merc have released a sound clip from silverstone today and the engine sounds fine.