What's new

For one night only...

slappy mcguire

Mega Poster
In Europe, we usually lag behind the US on the leisure front, and only now, are we starting to see an influx of parks with hotels. But with that in mind, i have a simple question for you - Alton aside, which ones are actually warranting of a second consecutive day visit, and which ones are in dire need of a Hotel?

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
If you have a young family, I'd say Legoland should be done over two days so you can experience everything. I've been a few times and there's still stuff I've missed - and they've added more since I last went!!!

Port Aventura really needs a couple of days to get the most out of it (so you can see all the shows, etc).

Enicomb

Mega Poster
I've never really understood why Alton towers needs a hotel, as the park can be easily done in a day.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Enicomb said:
I've never really understood why Alton towers needs a hotel, as the park can be easily done in a day.

It can if you run around it and it isn't too busy.

For a family though with a wide age range of kids who want to stick together, it's a nigh on impossible task. I'd say that even as very experienced Alton goers, we still miss at least a quarter of what the park has to offer when we go for a single day - and that includes if we split up.

So yeah, it needs a hotel.

nealbie

CF Legend
It does need a hotel, especially with lack of Skyride! Without that we struggled to do the whole park in 2 days let alone 1 :lol:

Enicomb

Mega Poster
I can understand the family point of view, as I'm sure kids can't/don't rush around everywhere; time of year probably plays a part as well I suppose.

If it's quiet and it's easily do-able in a day; I've never come away thinking I need an extra day to do everything, normally by 4ish I'm re-rode everything I want to multiple times and I don't use the sky ride; never have.

Not that I'm saying it shouldn't have a hotel, I'm sure the water park is possibly worth a visit in it's own right. I suppose I'd never considered for families though.

rollermonkey

Strata Poster
Then I can't think of any that truly need one that don't already have one. I've done most of the larger parks in Europe, (thanks to the Navy for letting me live in Italy for two years) and if there isn't a place to stay on site, then there's always either plenty of hotels nearby or the park isn't large enough to warrant a multi-day visit.

Crazycoaster

Giga Poster
rollermonkey said:
I don't remember, but does Europa Park have a hotel?

If not, then it needs one.

It actually has 4 hotels! ..and a guesthouse ..and a camp ground ..and then the local town, is chocked full of B&Bs.

They are also planning on more hotels in the future! Crazy stuff. They need it though, The park is in an amazing location which gets traffic from Germany, Switzerland and France, and the fact that you can spend a whole day just watching all the different shows the park is basically impossible to do in a day now. I would say even more than any of the Disney parks.

slappy mcguire

Mega Poster
Enicomb said:

Last visit, because of kids, queues, poor restaurants, and sheer size of the park without any proper transport ride, I missed out on Oblivion, Rita, hex, Spinball...actually virtually half the park come to think of it, and in hindsight, I should've really done the park over two days.

Ali

Mega Poster
I did everything at Europa in a day, including two rides on Silver Star and Blue Fire. Oh and it was a very busy day :).

Ben

CF Legend
^Then you didn't actually do everything! Just credits doesn't mean everything!

Spent the whole day there (... yesterday!) and there's still a LOT I want to go back for!

Europa <3

Blaze

Hyper Poster
The accomodation at Flamingo Land is excelent, but as you can do pretty much everything there even on a busy August day, it's not strictly neccassary. I got 7 concecutive goes on Flip Flop and 3 more throughout the day and still got on everything.